onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

Powerline

Advert

3 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

In what respect emoji106.png

They don’t go into details, but talk about a number of players who are causing issues.

I have been saying for a few weeks that something was going on in the background... this drop off has been too dramatic to be a simple drop in performance levels.

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The Ale and the Vale podcast (which is truly excellent) are indicating that they have heard there are a number of players causing problems behind the scenes.

Is Askey strong enough to deal with that?

Will Carol have to make a decision between Askey and those players?

Similar to the situation when he arrived then.  Get rid, send them on gardening leave otherwise.

None of these are based in any fact at all and are simple questions / statements I have running round in my head 

- Popes “isolation” seemed a bit short

- McKirdy and Askey... hmmmm

- Clark’s performances has fallen off a cliff

- Adam Yates wasn’t particularly glowing in his views on Rodney when he was on the pod... when pressed on his thought of him he said something along the line of “a few clubs have tried to make him into a professional footballer, maybe we will be lucky and can make it happen, maybe we can’t”... seemed like a strange comment.

- Is Smith gutted he didn’t get his move 

40 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

None of these are based in any fact at all and are simple questions / statements I have running round in my head 

- Popes “isolation” seemed a bit short

- McKirdy and Askey... hmmmm

- Adam Yates wasn’t particularly glowing in his views on Rodney when he was on the pod... when pressed on his thought of him he said something along the line of “a few clubs have tried to make him into a professional footballer, maybe we will be lucky and can make it happen, maybe we can’t”... seemed like a strange comment.

- Is Smith gutted he didn’t get his move 

One of Popes kids tested positive I believe. 

I never got carried away with Clark’s performances when he was here before. Hes clearly got talent and probably one of the best full backs in the league on his day. This season I think has highlighted his defensive failings and his work rate has been nowhere near what it should be in an attacking sense either, disappointing so far. Is that down to Askey though? I don’t think so personally. 

Yates makes a fair comment, he hasn’t worked out at other clubs and we’re taking a bit of a gamble. It’s clear from we’ve seen so far that is true. “Raw” seems to be the in word to describe him. 

Well it’s down to Carol this is when it gets difficult. Wouldn’t life be great if there were no ups or downs. Evil Santa won’t let Carol off with falling behind on the payments that he is owed. 
It’s Carol’s investment that’s going south and I’m not so sure that if we get back to normal that the number of fans they were expecting to comeback will with what’s happening at the moment. 
It’s a simple equation if the players are causing problems then leave them out or try to get rid of them, unless it’s most of the team, then it must be the manager so JA needs to go.

If it’s like when my kids were at after school club then you isolate from two weeks after last contact with the Covid infected individual so Pope could of had last contact prior to the Tranmere game... played but the person who tested positive didn’t get a positive test until just after. Hence for instance my kids only had to isolate for 7 days!

25 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well it’s down to Carol this is when it gets difficult. Wouldn’t life be great if there were no ups or downs. Evil Santa won’t let Carol off with falling behind on the payments that he is owed. 
It’s Carol’s investment that’s going south and I’m not so sure that if we get back to normal that the number of fans they were expecting to comeback will with what’s happening at the moment. 
It’s a simple equation if the players are causing problems then leave them out or try to get rid of them, unless it’s most of the team, then it must be the manager so JA needs to go.

At lot of people are out of the habit of going to the game. Take a lot to encourage some from their armchair to watch Stevenage when we are 16th. 

I never got carried away with Clark’s performances when he was here before. Hes clearly got talent and probably one of the best full backs in the league on his day. This season I think has highlighted his defensive failings and his work rate has been nowhere near what it should be in an attacking sense either, disappointing so far. Is that down to Askey though? I don’t think so personally. 

Yates makes a fair comment, he hasn’t worked out at other clubs and we’re taking a bit of a gamble. It’s clear from we’ve seen so far that is true. “Raw” seems to be the in word to describe him. 

If that's correct, Pope would of isolated for two weeks?.....

45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

At lot of people are out of the habit of going to the game. Take a lot to encourage some from their armchair to watch Stevenage when we are 16th. 

Darren, I agree with the Stevenage comment or if we go on a losing run but can you imagine what it would have been like if we’d have carried on where we’d left if last season

6 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

If that's correct, Pope would of isolated for two weeks?.....

I don’t know what the rules are. 

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I watching Clark and trying to work out what his job was today. He seemed to be under orders to play a bit further forward and leave the left winger Brophy for someone else to close down.

Personally I still think it’s too early to consider changing the Manager however, Askey has got to turn around this current run of form. If we go another 3/4 games without winning I may change my mind. Failing to score regularly and not keeping clean sheets is not a recipe for success.

Archived