onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

Powerline

Advert

It isn’t just the results, it’s the manner in which we are losing that is very worrying. For me, I’ve always had doubts about Askeys management ability; his lack of subs and lack of a plan B has always bothered me. Personally I think He should resign tonight. 

Played well today but lost, played poor Tuesday lost... problem is regarding of performance, dominance etc we just keep losing. We can’t go on like this or we will go down.

26 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Unlucky today, sometimes you can`t beat the footballing gods and they got the breaks. 

Nah, it's consistent. Huff and puff with THREE shots on target. The keepers had little to do.

Goals from set pieces and 30 yards. Nothing created from open play.

Shambolic, comical defending for all 3.

Late collapse when the pressures on.

Cristian Montano forced to drag us into competency single-handedly.

It's the same rubbish. There's football gods and then there are inherent, endemic issues that haven't been addressed in 19 months of management.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Nah, it's consistent. Huff and puff with THREE shots on target. The keepers had little to do.

Goals from set pieces and 30 yards. Nothing created from open play.

Shambolic, comical defending for all 3.

Late collapse when the pressures on.

Cristian Montano forced to drag us into competency single-handedly.

It's the same rubbish. There's football gods and then there are inherent, endemic issues that haven't been addressed in 19 months of management.

Fair enough Joe but the “inherent, endemic issues” you mention here didn’t appear to be evident at the end of last season, when everyone thought we’d finish in the playoffs had the season continued, and had enough quality to push on this season.

You haven’t spent 19 months moaning.  We haven’t spent 19 months huffing and puffing, creating nothing, and defending this badly.  I seem to recall everyone was satisfied until our recent woes, other than the premature conclusion to last season robbing us of our rightful place in the playoff positions, fully anticipated by the way we were finishing the season.

The problems of this season stem from the delusion that our players were better than they actually are in my opinion.  Also the management and owners probably bought into this notion to some degree, and this combined with the COVID situation, likely influenced our recruitment.  Unfortunately, and in hindsight, this season the chickens have come home to roost.  We still don’t score enough, but now our reliable defending has been called into question and we’re conceding very poor goals.  You can throw in the disruption of injuries and isolations.

Whoever is the manager will have to add a better player or 2 in January and hope whoever comes in makes a difference.

Askey sounds under massive pressure in interview today.  So time will tell I guess.

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

My patience is beginning to wear thin and I don’t think anybody could complain if he’s sacked if we lose the next game now

Why wait another game to pull the trigger? 

Enough is enough. 6 games lost in a row. I don't see what waiting for a defeat at Bolton would achieve. If we picked up a point at Bolton can we honestly expect the pattern for the next two home games against Colchester and Forest Green be any different?

League One strugglers Shrewsbury Town have sacked manager John Askey.

The 54-year-old had been in charge of the Shropshire side since leaving Macclesfield Town in June when his predecessor Paul Hurst joined Ipswich.

Askey led Macclesfield to last season's National League title but was unable to replicate that success with Shrewsbury.

The club won just four of his 17 league games in charge - and were booed off after Sunday's FA Cup first-round draw at home to non-league Salford City.

Starting to sound familiar

League One strugglers Shrewsbury Town have sacked manager John Askey.

The 54-year-old had been in charge of the Shropshire side since leaving Macclesfield Town in June when his predecessor Paul Hurst joined Ipswich.

Askey led Macclesfield to last season's National League title but was unable to replicate that success with Shrewsbury.

The club won just four of his 17 league games in charge - and were booed off after Sunday's FA Cup first-round draw at home to non-league Salford City.

Starting to sound familiar

We beat Salford

Archived