onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

Powerline

The 5 defeats on the bounce is one thing, the main worry for me is the performances. Tranmeres win wasn't lucky , they fully deserved their win, regardless if we had 10 men. I accepted the fact they were a good team, but when Stevenage totally bossed us on Tuesday, alarm bells are going off. We've created very little going forward all season, too pedestrian too predicable. Something needs to change quickly, the pressure is building on JA.

Advert

19 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

As I’ve just mentioned on the Stevenage thread, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the players on Saturday, their attitude, effort etc. They might have lost faith in Askey thus trying to oust him???

If the players are not playing for him, then we may need to look else where?

Hope this isn’t the case and we start to show some fight and quality.

Do you really believe that the players looked as if they weren't playing for him at Newport??

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Rudgie went on a run of  17 league games without a win and 7 points from 51 in 91.  Bell didn't sack him.

I was glad he wasn't sacked too and remember that time fondly but you cannot compare the two situations.

Timing, expectations and financial implications are not comparable.  

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

I was glad he wasn't sacked too and remember that time fondly but you cannot compare the two situations.

Timing, expectations and financial implications are not comparable.  

All I'm saying is that if we'd had social media then, Bell would probably have sacked him and we would have missed out on one of the best decades in our history.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

All I'm saying is that if we'd had social media then, Bell would probably have sacked him and we would have missed out on one of the best decades in our history.

Maybe.. there is certainly a lot of hysteria on FB,Twitter and sometimes on here.

Lets hope Saturday is his Macc moment!!

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Rudgie went on a run of  17 league games without a win and 7 points from 51 in 91.  Bell didn't sack him.  So glad he didn't.  I'm not saying Askey is beyond criticism, far from it, but a bit of patience is called for here rather than a kneejerk reaction. 

Kneejerk? We’ve lost 5 in a row!! 2 against 2nd bottom and 1 against a pub team. With some appauling performances how the hell is that knee jerk?!?!

just because rudge managed it means nothing. Will ole replicate what Ferguson did at United? 

18 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Rudgie went on a run of  17 league games without a win and 7 points from 51 in 91.  Bell didn't sack him.  So glad he didn't.  I'm not saying Askey is beyond criticism, far from it, but a bit of patience is called for here rather than a kneejerk reaction. 

If only !!

We would have been top of the premier by now hey T. B.    he he 

On 22/11/2020 at 10:33, Joe B said:

Really? I think he's been a pretty decent fullback for a couple of years, and has had spells of being a really good player there. Makes the odd mistake but, for example, saved us yesterday with a goal line block. Last season, between his mistake on Boxing Day and his mistake in mid-March, he was amongst our most consistent performers in that good run we had.

There's a lot of faults with Askey but this is, quite blatantly, not one of them.

Agree about Monty. He should be first choice at left back, especially with the poor supply of crosses, chances created from the team in front of him.  Monty has mistakes in him and will cost us a goal or two but i believe exactly the same about Smith, Gibbons, Legge and up front Worrall, Conlan etc do not score or create far enough.

What i am saying is that this seasons best 11 is virtually last seasons. It is nowhere near good enough to get us promotion. We needed 3 or 4 players to move into the first 11 immediately. This would also have given the players mentioned a lift and maybe bring the better out of them more often.

Askey has failed, in my opinion, in his recruitment. Players come in are squad players at best and do not deserve to be regular starters. We have not improved the first 11 and i am sick of hearing what a good balanced squad we have [ T.B. take note ] I dont want 22 players with each position well stocked with two players for it. Not if one is o.k.ish and the other no better.

We needed to strengthen and we have not. Problem now is that our better players are older and will struggle more and more when we are under pressure. Re-building needed to replace our experienced first teamers and also to strengthen the squad, again.

Discussing this yesterday and the feeling is that Askey plays 433 always did at Macclesfield and has here, last season coming out of the bottom of the league he got away with it and did well, this season the opposition have gone to school on us and know exactly how to stop us.

Plus with the benefit of hindsight the close season signings have not worked out for one reason or another.

Tomorrow is a big game, Orient are more than useful and will give us a real test, the prayer mat will be out in the morning........

Guest Vale at home
24 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Ben on radio Sjoke made a few good points saying that Askey would not be sacked. Carol is still paying the Blue one on a payment schedule, no extra match day income and length of Askeys contract all make it unlikely.  

I agree . Good Luck tomorrow VALE .  . We need a. WIN ..  please Let’s finish with 11 players at the End of the Game .. 

28 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Ben on radio Sjoke made a few good points saying that Askey would not be sacked. Carol is still paying the Blue one on a payment schedule, no extra match day income and length of Askeys contract all make it unlikely.  

As i said we would have to pay months not years wages to Askey and that wont stop carol sacking him if she needs to which she doesn't at this moment in time

Archived