Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual over reaction on here We had plenty of chances today and yes we struggle to put them away but for me it was an improvement on Tuesdays game and an attacking set up from Askey when we could

Facts We have lost three league games on the bounce each by a single goal despite playing a considerable time with ten men in two of the games. We still sit just outside the play offs in 9th. So

THIS ISN'T AN ASKEY OUT POST BUT I AM GOING TO BE CRITICAL.  Sick and tired of this football club. The evidence is fairly irrefutable that John Askey's Port Vale concede in the last minute a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Really good first half. Did anybody see smith trying to head the ball while lying on the floor? Absolutely love him.

Amazing - the crawling header just as their forward was about to shoot. Typical Smudge putting his head in where it hurts. The yewth's frightened of nowt!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:
17 minutes ago, Sam Kelly said:
Rodney is **** ... glad we've only got him for 3 years

If only we could afford a proper, recognised scoring centre forward. All our play cries out for a player to finish off the moves.

Why is Pope Missing?  - Not on the bench

Advert:

So you’re saying all their shots on target could have gone in but none of ours? Right. 

It wasn’t a great finish but a very good chance. Cullen should bury the header and would if he connects and Worrall should volley that into the left of the net so we’ve had chances I’d agree. Could be 3-3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So you’re saying all their shots on target could have gone in but none of ours? Right. 

Nope. Some of their sitters didn't even hit the target. If you want to believe we should be level you believe that . 

Advert:

Why am I not surprised to hear Askey is against the 5 subs rule??? He’s clearly against the 3 subs rule!!

Interesting half, we started nervously, have had really good spells of pressure, created 3 really good chances, had what I thought was a definite handball/pen turned down, but have been indebted to a combination of poor finishing/great goalkeeping. Their danger man is the 32 down the right, whereas Worrall has been ours on the left.

I think we need to move the ball quicker of the right, Clark makes excellent runs but both Burgess and Rodney have either dwelt on the ball or been sloppy with it and we need to anticipate a bit quicker in midfield has Abrahams has been through on goal a couple of times.

If I’m honest, whilst we’ve been better than Tuesday I don’t see us keeping a clean sheet, just hope we can put the ball away ourselves.

With no Amoo, and Conlon seemingly now injured, I’d be inclined to go 3-5-2 and bring Brisley on moving Worrall central. Rodney needs to be closer to Cullen who again has looked isolated at times.

Good open game, good half by Vale, Newport are a decent side.

A yard either side of the goalkeeper from Cullen or Worrall and Vale are 2-0 up, their goalie knew nothing of either of them.

Anyone else think a Newport player only has to fall down and the ref blows for a foul for them.

Advert: