Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual over reaction on here We had plenty of chances today and yes we struggle to put them away but for me it was an improvement on Tuesdays game and an attacking set up from Askey when we could

Facts We have lost three league games on the bounce each by a single goal despite playing a considerable time with ten men in two of the games. We still sit just outside the play offs in 9th. So

THIS ISN'T AN ASKEY OUT POST BUT I AM GOING TO BE CRITICAL.  Sick and tired of this football club. The evidence is fairly irrefutable that John Askey's Port Vale concede in the last minute a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’ll be surprised if Legge lasts the full 90. Went to ground again but these seem two yards quicker somehow.

I’m sure pretty much every Vale fan was saying the same at this point in the game yet the manager left him on to get sent off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Another brilliant refereeing performance as Legge is given a second yellow for an innocuous foul. Deja vu last Saturday - at least we've had some practice at it. Joke.

You can't bundle the player over like Legge did in front of the Ref.  Always going to be a yellow.  Legge should have know better with a ref like we have got who is whistle happy and look at me.

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

I’m sure pretty much every Vale fan was saying the same at this point in the game yet the manager left him on to get sent off.

Same as every Vale fan was saying against Tranmere to tighten it up with 10 men 

Advert:

Just now, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yep. Both were definite yellows. Ironically, in between those 2 challenges Legge had played really well!

That is what makes the 2nd stupid tackle even worse.  He was having a good game.  A player with his experience should have known better.

Is JA going to make use of the extra sub and bring off Monty for McKirdy or wait till the 85 minute

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

That is what makes the 2nd stupid tackle even worse.  He was having a good game.  A player with his experience should have known better.

Is JA going to make use of the extra sub and bring off Monty for McKirdy or wait till the 85 minute

We’ve made all three subs haven’t we??

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Joyce and Legge both showing amateur STUPIDITY in the last two weeks.

Legge should be backup, he can't play every game - and we should have signed a younger CB this summer.

We have a perfectly decent defender in Brisley. He just needs a few games to get some form lie every other player.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

We have a perfectly decent defender in Brisley. He just needs a few games to get some form lie every other player.

If we can hold on the red could be a blessing in disguise. Legge has been awful for a few weeks now. Was good today in between the bookings. Askey will / wouldn’t ever drop him. Now brisley at least has to play 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

Advert:

Just now, darren1810 said:

Legge was back to the Legge we know in fairness. Not missed a header. 

Two silly challenges have ruined it and he should know better. 

Very very frustrating. 

Agree he was playing well today, but it's too much to ask a 35 year old to play 90 mins every week like this. Going to catch up with him eventually and maybe losing a bit of sharpness.

Urgh I hope we can scab a 0-0 now and stop this rot.

• Like 1