Fosse69

Advert

I’d like to see this team on Tuesday:

Brown

Clark Brisley Smith Fitzpatrick

Oyeleke
Burgess Worrall

McKirdy Rodney Montano 

Can’t really see that we can do much else without changing the system and we’ll only train Monday before the the game.

Not sure we’ll even be able to put out 7 subs? Visser, Crookes, Hurst, Robinson, Cullen + whoever is half-fit?

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Doesn’t seem to have done 41 year old Kevin Ellison (yes, really) any harm!!

But you’re right re Legge, he’s had mistakes in his game for weeks because he basically played week in/week out for 12 months.

I predicted he wouldn’t see the 90 mins out  (along with us not scoring, nor keeping a clean sheet, and Ellison scoring I should add!) because he is a rugged CB who goes to ground very easily (I did it in fact about 5 mins after is first yellow but just got the ball) and silo is different from others on bookings. 

So bearing in mind he was walking a tightrope and should arguably have been left out anyway, I do attach a certain amount of blame to Askey for not making a change, especially when Brisley has shown himself to be a more than capable replacement and was very good when he came on.

My team for Tuesday, not that I’m intending watching, would be:

Brown

Smith-Brisley-Crookes

Clarke-Burgess-Manny-Worrall-Monty

McKirdy-Cullen/Robinson

Not that I think there’s a hope in Hell he’ll play it, I’m sticking my neck out for 3.5.2 / 5.3.2 which will allow Askey keep his favoured 3 in centre midfield and with McKirdy giving some much needed support to the front (hard to choose as Cullen and Robinson are as bad as each other). In addition, if Stevenage are anything like how they’ve been in the past, there will be lots of high balls and set pieces to defend, and let’s face it, set plays seem to be the only way we can score these days so why not have another CB in the mixer. 

As I say, anything less than 3 points will be unacceptable in my mind.

That would pretty much be my team given all the absentees. 

Usually you'd think the physical looking Rodney would be ideal against these but he doesn't seem that adept at using his physicality.

I'm expecting similar to last season, pure dirge , 0-0 or 1-0 either way. 

Games against Stevenage tend to be dire but I'll still put myself through the mill watching it. 

Wouldn't mind that Tom lad commentating again either. 

36 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Without googling and only counting league games ( I'm not interested in Wigan reserves or Liverpool under 8's ) .

Am I correct in thinking our leading scorer is on 2 ? 

Cullen , Conlon, Pope, Rodney 

All on 2 goals, 2 of those were braces . 

If I'm correct that is pretty disgraceful regardless of whether we've had loads of different scorers or not. 

One of those 4 has to step up and start hitting the back of the net, if not we're going nowhere, simple.

We've been a wasteful all season, and that's having not made a bucketful of chances in the first place.  Away, against the league leaders, who'd missed good chances themselves, Cullen has to take one of his.

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Regardless whether Maynard has featured much or not (been injured) he’s scored the same as our top scorers and is 100x Better than who we signed instead. If we had him up front we would be a different side 

I’m actually not sure we would. We create absolute Jack. Stick Kane up there and he would struggle. Biggest problem close season was midfield. It didn’t get addressed and we are in a bit of a mess now 

1 minute ago, dantheman said:

I’m actually not sure we would. We create absolute Jack. Stick Kane up there and he would struggle. Biggest problem close season was midfield. It didn’t get addressed and we are in a bit of a mess now 

We have created chances, we created them today, but the bigger problem for me is that we aren't taking them.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

One of those 4 has to step up and start hitting the back of the net, if not we're going nowhere, simple.

We've been a wasteful all season, and that's having not made a bucketful of chances in the first place.  Away, against the league leaders, who'd missed good chances themselves, Cullen has to take one of his.

Exactly this .

We don't tend to create that much so they have to be more clinical which brings more pressure on them. Never ever looked convincing with either of the chances. 

Noticeable that Vaughan is suddenly banging them in and Henderson is top notch for this division despite his penalty miss against us. We are still clueless 13 games in of the first choice striker and so is Askey 

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s a bit of both. We don’t create anywhere near enough (we did today) however when we do we’re missing them. Not a good combo to have. All the forwards have been guilty of some really poor finishing so far 

I’d agree with that. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

That would pretty much be my team given all the absentees. 

Usually you'd think the physical looking Rodney would be ideal against these but he doesn't seem that adept at using his physicality.

I'm expecting similar to last season, pure dirge , 0-0 or 1-0 either way. 

Games against Stevenage tend to be dire but I'll still put myself through the mill watching it. 

Wouldn't mind that Tom lad commentating again either. 

You’re a braver person that me. Watching this current Vale team away to Stevenage in a tinpot stadium with even less atmosphere than normal is probably something I’d put below cleaning the inside of the oven with a toothbrush or sorting my sock drawer out on the list of things I’m more likely to do with a Tuesday evening.

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly this .

We don't tend to create that much so they have to be more clinical which brings more pressure on them. Never ever looked convincing with either of the chances. 

Noticeable that Vaughan is suddenly banging them in and Henderson is top notch for this division despite his penalty miss against us. We are still clueless 13 games in of the first choice striker and so is Askey 

First choice is still pope. Every time. Which says we didn’t address that particular problem either. Should have signed ironside as popes readymade replacement 

Archived