onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

10 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

This season we do not have Taylor. How lucky was that signing ?

Yep he was one of the midfielders I was referring to from last year who did well for us and was vital in how we played going forward. We tried and failed to sign him and didn’t get anyone in with the qualities he has.

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It wasn't lucky - he must have been crap because all Askey's signings are apparently.

Who has askey signed that’s genuinely improved our starting 11? Other than Taylor I honestly can’t name anyone. I can’t remember did he sign amoo? If so Theres one. I think mckirdy could be but needs to be given a chance. 

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Who has askey signed that’s genuinely improved our starting 11? Other than Taylor I honestly can’t name anyone. I can’t remember did he sign amoo? If so Theres one. I think mckirdy could be but needs to be given a chance. 

He did sign Amoo.

I'd hoped that the close season signings would improve us bit by bit Askey has had brilliant backing from Carol and Co but it seems to be a bit of struggle for Askey to get the team going.

I dont think he is a promotion manager,one who can give you stability mid table averageness Carol and Co are going to find out about the cold reality of owning a football club,let's hope we can turn it around.

By the way Askey doesn't like McKirdy does he ?

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

Sorry Jacko. I do not believe that when we took a young lad on loan from Forest that we seriously expected to play him so many games and the hat full of goals we got from him.

I don't get your point.  Taylor was a very good signing, my comment was a tongue in cheek response to all those saying Askey only makes crap signings.  Thing was, Taylor's last game for us was on New Year's Day and we did just as well after he left.  He was only part of the reason why we finished close to the play offs last year.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Under Adams we could be horrible to play against, whether that be a physical contest, a bit of pace in the side or something else that the opposition wouldn't relish.

I don't sense that with the current side at the minute. As has been pointed out earlier, we are "nice".

Adams was pretty unique. A manager who came to Vale having managed big clubs in the top division, yet also had huge knowledge of the lower leagues. 

Come to think of it, it was very sad how his career ended, in anonymity managing in Ireland. He deserved better. 

I do miss him and watching Askey recently with his dour stuff makes me miss Adams’s chippy, sometimes arrogant responses to media questioning and the like. He had balls and determination. Something I just don’t see in Askey. 

Looking back my biggest regret is that too many fans turned on Adams when things got rough, when in fact it should have been directed at Smurfwaite. 

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

By the way Askey doesn't like McKirdy does he ?

Well Askey signed him and McKirdy did have a bit of a poor reputation personality wise prior to joining. 

I am not convinced he is a better option than Worrall or Amoo but he certainly should be being used more as an impact sub. 

Archived