onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

On players like Rodney. Why do people think he would be good? Salford didn’t want him and there in our league. Not exactly going be a world beater is he? <ovf censored> signings. That’s all askey can do. Only decent signing he’s made is jake Taylor. Aspin had a better record with signings! 

Evans, Lloyd, Kennedy, Robinson, whitehead. I’m sure there’s many more. But Christ that is 5 truly dreadful signings!! Angus will score more than any of our strikers this season and we got rid. 

I see Hannant who we got rid of is doing well at high flying Cambridge. Whitfield doing excellent at Torquay. Angus scoring goals at barrow. We get rid of potentially decent players and bring in a load of non league players in their place. No wonder we’re not moving forwards. I think we will be one of the lowest scorers in the league this season... im sure I read on here recently that we have goals all over the pitch in the side 😂😂😂 mental. We will finish 12th or lower. 

7 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

It’s true though. He made a world class Save that an average league 2 keeper wouldn’t make. If not for brown we would be much lower down. If we had an average keeper as most sides do we would be what 6 points less easily. 

But that's daft.  It it wasn't for that great save their keeper made today from Cullen we would have been in front.  If it wasn't for a man of the match performance by the King's Lynn keeper we would be in the second round. 

You could equally say that if Brown had covered his near post a bit better last week Tranny wouldn't have scored their third goal.

What you're saying is that we shouldn't have signed a great keeper so you could moan even more?!!

Disappointing today but was always going to be difficult against a Newport side that are on fire. Devastating to concede again at the death, but didn’t deserve anything from the game. Legge let us down, hopefully he can regain his form. 

Despite dropping a point we are still one off the play offs. Obviously this bad run needs turning around, but I’m still behind Askey. All teams have bad runs. Results like this evoke strong emotions but if you look at the table we are still in a good position. Who knows if he’ll turn it around or not but he deserves that chance to.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Isn't hindsight wonderful!

The two people to blame for the defeat today were on the pitch not in the dug out.  Legge for his daft red card and Fitzpatrick for giving away that ridiculous corner at the end.  Just leave the bloody ball man and let it run out.

Its a different player each game though. They are professional players who have played for many years and are coached all week

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Jean i dont want Askey out but i said to a group i am in as soon as Legge was booked that he needed to be subbed for Brisley because with so long to go in the game and how he plays with his lack of pace,he was bound to go..... if i could see it jean surely askey could,its always a big risk to leave him to play on a yellow for 80+ minutes

Defenders get booked all the time.  Are you advocating that they should always be subbed in case they get sent off?  As a manager you have to trust your experienced players.  Leon let the manager down today.

Leon was booked after 20 minutes against Southend.  I don't remember anyone demanding his substitution that day.

Defenders get booked all the time.  Are you advocating that they should always be subbed in case they get sent off?  As a manager you have to trust your experienced players.  Leon let the manager down today.
Leon was booked after 20 minutes against Southend.  I don't remember anyone demanding his substitution that day.

Exactly- Worrell got booked, Monty got booked- we are going to need more subs if we take someone off every time they get booked

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

It’s really harsh blaming Fitzpatrick for the defeat, he’s got a player behind him and has to deal with the ball. Legges are definitely bookings and yes he’s daft for the second, but it’s mad to say he should have come off because he’d been booked. First half we had some good chances and dare I say it we were yet again putting balls into the box that were more suited to a big man. Worralls high and lofted deliveries were pointless and it was like he had no variation in his delivery at times. Once we’re down to ten men we’ve just got to hang in there, unfortunately we switched off on the second ball and we were punished. Whats worrying is that last season we relied on full backs and wingers a lot to provide our threat, and I’d say they delivered along with the 2 midfielders alongside Joyce , this season we just haven’t got near that level of attacking play that we had last season. Have we been found out or are players just out of form?

This season we do not have Taylor. How lucky was that signing ?

Archived