onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It  is so depressing that we all had everything crossed hoping we could fluke a draw against Newport. How far have we have fallen? I don't expect much. But mid table L1 is that too much to ask?

I bet if we could look at posts back when we were mid table with Page in charge you and many others were not happy then either. 

Advert

It’s really harsh blaming Fitzpatrick for the defeat, he’s got a player behind him and has to deal with the ball. Legges are definitely bookings and yes he’s daft for the second, but it’s mad to say he should have come off because he’d been booked. First half we had some good chances and dare I say it we were yet again putting balls into the box that were more suited to a big man. Worralls high and lofted deliveries were pointless and it was like he had no variation in his delivery at times. Once we’re down to ten men we’ve just got to hang in there, unfortunately we switched off on the second ball and we were punished. Whats worrying is that last season we relied on full backs and wingers a lot to provide our threat, and I’d say they delivered along with the 2 midfielders alongside Joyce , this season we just haven’t got near that level of attacking play that we had last season. Have we been found out or are players just out of form?

I can understand why Crookes was brought on, I just wonder if it disrupted the way we set up to defend the corner.

Ellison quite often takes up a position on the near post (I remember McCombe's goal at Morecambe when he got loads of grief), it was a lucky break that it broke for him to volley it in but with little danger of us countering, they were always going to load the box in the last minute against ten men.

Facts

We have lost three league games on the bounce each by a single goal despite playing a considerable time with ten men in two of the games. We still sit just outside the play offs in 9th. So calling this season's  performances 'abject' or similar doesn't align with the facts. Getting beat 3 or 4 each week is abject.

Choices

You buy PVFC so ....

1) lose 3 on the bounce but still on edge of play offs so sack the Manager and his team of coaches and create instability in the club.

2) whilst paying off £1.8M a year for 3 years to the previous owner you still sit down and create a long term vision for taking the club forward both on and off the pitch. Part of this plan is giving the Football Manager a long term contract to bring in his own coaching staff and slso fund the Academy side of the club like never before whilst still giving the Manager, that you have appointed, a top half of table playing budget. Notwithstanding also creating a total transformation of the club's standing in the local community. So stand by your appointments and long term plan.

Ok guys - tell me where your vote is going. Choice 1 or 2.

Straitjackets are primed !!!

1 hour ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

No doubt a bad patch but we are being let down by our so called reliable players.

In my eyes no fault of the manager. Some of the players need to step up now over the next week.

In askey I trust.

In Askey i hope ?

Yes we are being let down by some of our more professional and elder players. Askey has let us down with some poor signings, who i believe are playing aswell as they can but they are not good enough.

Robinson, Rodney, Burgess

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Are you saying he shouldn't have selected Legge or brought on Fitzpatrick as sub?

Sorry for butting in again Jacko. If I was appointed manager tomorrow ( I’m a teacher so this is very deliberately a ridiculous scenario) and I sign you to play left back, and you make a mistake that leads to a defeat, I’d expect you to get some stick on OVF. But at some point I’d expect the gaze to turn back to me, as the guy who signed you. Otherwise managers would never be responsible for anything!

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Unfortunately I am going to completely change my mind based on the 13 games.

I actually think Pope is still number one option. 

Cullen is no good on his own. Theo for whatever reason it just isn't happening though I'm not sure today Is a yardstick for him. Rodney is a headless chicken. 

Pope will end up top scorer again and I'll eat my words 

Thank you.

Pope has to be number one.  Hes not the answer and we will not be promoted with him but he is head and shoulders better than Cullen, Robinson, Rodney. They are the problem and Askey signed them so Askey has failed us there.

Cullen looks a sunday morning player

Robinson looks a tidy player but has to have everything done for him.

Rodney will never be a decent level footballer.

All three are letting us down this season

2 hours ago, osprey said:

To be fair if refs continue to add on stupid amounts of injury time each game then it will happen more often

Anything over 3 mins injury time used to be rare now it seems they have to add on at least 5 ( and he added on 4 in the first half as well ) !

Scott Brown wastes a lot of time. Saw the ref tell him but after that some refs will let it happen and add time on

Archived