onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Ok with the assistance of hindsight tell me what you would have done after Legge was sent off. 

Isn’t that missing the point? Askey has had all the advantages, with the stability the new owners provided during the lockdown, a luxury not provided by most owners in this division, to build a squad to push for promotion, or at least to improve on last season. It doesn’t look he’s done that. In fact I’d say we’re going backwards. 

Advert

Late goal stats under Askey: Update

During the 18/19 games - we conceded 3 from 28 during the last 10 mins of a game (11%)

During the 19/20 games - we conceded 9 from 44 during the last 10 mins of a game (20%)

This season - we've conceded 4 from 13 during the last 10 mins of a game (30%)

I'm slowly swinging towards changing the manager after today - he has no idea how to see out a game.

To be fair if refs continue to add on stupid amounts of injury time each game then it will happen more often

Anything over 3 mins injury time used to be rare now it seems they have to add on at least 5 ( and he added on 4 in the first half as well ) !

Legge walks that tightrope far too often, especially for a man of his years. I worried about him after his early booking against Southend against a couple of quick young lads but he got away with it. Their lad Labadie was experienced enough to make sure it wasn't going to happen today.

He's bang out of form and even if he was available on Tuesday, Brisley needs to come into the side.

4 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Isn’t that missing the point? Askey has had all the advantages, with the stability the new owners provided during the lockdown, a luxury not provided by most owners in this division, to build a squad to push for promotion, or at least to improve on last season. It doesn’t look he’s done that. In fact I’d say we’re going backwards. 

It’s not missing the point at all. That poster wants Askey out so I asked him what he would have done in Askey’s position.  He clearly knows better than the manager so I was just asking him to enlighten  us  

8 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

So your happy we consistently we lose games in the last 10 minutes or so emoji460.png

Don't be a puddled beggar. I'm not happy but a solid manager will understand that's about fitness, game management and team selection....changing a manager now would cause all that to be ignored on a new manager focusing on his back room staff recruitment, player recruitment and squad training. Keep up.

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

Legge walks that tightrope far too often, especially for a man of his years. I worried about him after his early booking against Southend against a couple of quick young lads but he got away with it. Their lad Labadie was experienced enough to make sure it wasn't going to happen today.

He's bang out of form and even if he was available on Tuesday, Brisley needs to come into the side.

Good point but I think Legge himself is to blame rather than Labadie buying the foul. 

He had a terrible touch and stretched out recklessly given he was on a yellow

3 minutes ago, Santa said:

I don't like criticising individual players but Legge has seemed "Leggy" so far this season, maybe age is catching up. 

Just now, darren1810 said:

Good point but I think Legge himself is to blame rather than Labadie buying the foul. 

You cant man handle and push their player to the ground like he did in front of the ref.  Even if their players where going down very easily.

Legge should have known not to do this in front of the ref, as the ref was giving them more than Vale.  

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Oh no doubt Legge didn't need to dive in and he has no-one else to blame. But their lad used his know how and in the end it wasn't even a decision for the ref.

4 minutes ago, osprey said:

To be fair if refs continue to add on stupid amounts of injury time each game then it will happen more often

Anything over 3 mins injury time used to be rare now it seems they have to add on at least 5 ( and he added on 4 in the first half as well ) !

An 100 minutes game doesn't help!  But you're absolutely right to highlight our abysmal record on closing out games. Unfortunately I've been moved to comment on this on far too many occasions! It should be basic coaching stuff, but under John Askey particularly we seem totally unable to grasp the fundamentals. In 2 successive matches we have conceded in the 96th minute and thrown away 4 points!!

Not good enough. 

Apparently we have a really good squad. We don’t. And we have a manager who will not drop certain players and will not pick others!!!

legge should have been nowhere near that team. He shouldve been dropped weeks ago. Robinson. Is askey taking the mic? He’s proven he’s no good up front so now we’re trying him out wide when we have one of the best players in the league sat warming the bench again. Give mckirdy a chance askey!!!! Thought we tried hard but should’ve lost by more than 1. They missed some sitters. 

Were worse than last season. Out of the fa cup to a pub side and can’t sxorw a Fuxking goal. I’ve honestly forgot our last goal from open play! Was it against Southend? 

Trash. Askey sick to death of this now. Something has to change. Is that 6 losses in 13. That’s diabolical especially when you look at the sides we’ve lost to. 

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It’s not missing the point at all. That poster wants Askey out so I asked him what he would have done in Askey’s position.  He clearly knows better than the manager so I was just asking him to enlighten  us  

Oh, right. Well my point was that maybe Askey couldn’t have done much after the sending off. Ultimately I don’t think he’ll be judged on today. But he will be judged on his failure to bring in a more potent striking option than Mark Cullen. Just my opinion.

Archived