onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Fosse69

I’ll be totally honest, I’m dreading Saturday. It will be our most challenging fixture so far. They are a very good side, with a fantastic manager. 

I’m expecting 2/3 changes. Personally, I’d go with a 4-2-3-1. 

Brown  
Clark Legge Smith Fitz
         Manny Conlon      
Amoo McKirdy Worrall.     
              Pope

- Rodders for Amoo, if he’s not fit

Knowing Vale, we will go there and pick up three points. Realistically after the past few weeks, I can’t see that happening. 

I’ll for a 2-1 defeat. I hope I’m proved wrong. 

Advert

I'd go with that side I think.

I’ll be totally honest, I’m dreading Saturday. It will be our most challenging fixture so far. They are a very good side, with a fantastic manager. 
I’m expecting 2/3 changes. Personally, I’d go with a 4-2-3-1. 

Brown  
Clark Legge Smith Fitz
         Manny Conlon      
Amoo McKirdy Worrall.     
              Pope
- Rodders for Amoo, if he’s not fit
Knowing Vale, we will go there and pick up three points. Realistically after the past few weeks, I can’t see that happening. 
I’ll for a 2-1 defeat. I hope I’m proved wrong. 

I've only missed one of these games due to being away. Have to say it's a God awful way to follow your club. I've missed less than a dozen home games since 1971 but this shizz is killing me. can't shout, can't help to influence the game and encourage the team. Maybe our players should gang up on an inexperienced ref in the tunnel at half time and get him to level the game up?! certainly we'd be a big help when teams come to park the bus like two out of the last three dire results. how do these premiership plastic fans find any enjoyment in 'following their team' in this mode because they do this every year! our last game at cheltenham seems so long ago to me. a pint inn the sally army club outside the ground? give it to me now.

can we expect free access to the game or have the EFL forgotten their promise? do we get a voucher code? does anyone know please? i have much alcohol planned on my PC desk. will I have to give them clowns a tenner as well for this one?

Can't shout? Bloody hell, your missus is strict

I've only missed one of these games due to being away. Have to say it's a God awful way to follow your club. I've missed less than a dozen home games since 1971 but this shizz is killing me. can't shout, can't help to influence the game and encourage the team. Maybe our players should gang up on an inexperienced ref in the tunnel at half time and get him to level the game up?! certainly we'd be a big help when teams come to park the bus like two out of the last three dire results. how do these premiership plastic fans find any enjoyment in 'following their team' in this mode because they do this every year! our last game at cheltenham seems so long ago to me. a pint inn the sally army club outside the ground? give it to me now.
can we expect free access to the game or have the EFL forgotten their promise? do we get a voucher code? does anyone know please? i have much alcohol planned on my PC desk. will I have to give them clowns a tenner as well for this one?

Christ I was shouting loads. Certainly for tranmere (H)

On 18/11/2020 at 14:16, theresonlyonemcphee said:

That 4231 you propose worked really well last night.

The issue is we need to get someone closer to whoever is the 1 up front, If Pope is there and gets a ball from, lets say Conlon, the chances are that Burgess and Conlon will be so far away from Tom that any knockdown or hold up if pointless. We need to be able to link up higher up the pitch. That will allow up to hopefully start creating from open play again within shooting distance not on the halfway line. (A fair % of our goals have come from set plays), which is a concern.

I have faith in the management and I think they know we need to adapt, the interviews suggest that.

We didnt start 4231 btw but thats not an issue, UTV 

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

can we expect free access to the game or have the EFL forgotten their promise? do we get a voucher code? does anyone know please

Free code to the match emailed by EFL digital 29th October. I think it was sent to anyone who purchased the match against Cheltenham and ST holders.

Sorry philmpv copied the wrong quote which was meant to reply to Jamo and didn't know how to fix it.

3 hours ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

can we expect free access to the game or have the EFL forgotten their promise? do we get a voucher code? does anyone know please?

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

Free code to the match emailed by EFL digital 29th October. I think it was sent to anyone who purchased the match against Cheltenham and ST holders.

Tough game and I’m not really expecting a lot. They will score for certain, so we might as well give it a go and make it an entertaining game. 

For what it’s worth, I’d go with the below. We might get taken apart, but we need to find a way of trying to score more goals. 

Brown

Clark Smith Legge Monty

Manny  Conlon

Amoo   McKirdy   Worrall

Rodney 

Let’s hope the footballing gods are smiling on us on Saturday and we can get back on track. The Vale fans deserve a bit of cheer after the last few weeks. 

Love the look of that 11

Tough game and I’m not really expecting a lot. They will score for certain, so we might as well give it a go and make it an entertaining game. 
For what it’s worth, I’d go with the below. We might get taken apart, but we need to find a way of trying to score more goals. 

Brown
Clark Smith Legge Monty
         Manny  Conlon
 Amoo   McKirdy   Worrall
              Rodney 
Let’s hope the footballing gods are smiling on us on Saturday and we can get back on track. The Vale fans deserve a bit of cheer after the last few weeks. 

Speak to our ticket office. They sorted me out as I hadn't recieved either.

6 hours ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

I think it doesn't help that we only see a single camera view of the game. Premiership games use lots of cameras so that you get to see several different angles. Still not the same as being there though...

I think it doesn't help that we only see a single camera view of the game. Premiership games use lots of cameras so that you get to see several different angles. Still not the same as being there though...
To be fair, with some of our players, a static camera is all that's needed!

What about:

brown

clark smith bris Fitz/monty

Manny

amoo mckirdy/burgess colon wozza

take your pick?

this is what we should be doing when attacking. Need to ‘flood’ the final third more when it’s necessary. Especially when teams park the bus. More movement(sounds easy but not always to some players) around the box etc.

Archived