Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

I don,t hold out much hope for Saturday! But as Guitar Ray says to many players under performing , we need more players on 8 out of 10 at the mo most on 6 , just not good enough! We are a very average side but when the majority of player are at 8 out of 10 then we will be up there. 

Advert:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Booooooooooooooo Abysmal 10 days to be a Vale supporter 

Our fan base is an embarrassment at the moment. We are outside the playoffs on goal difference and you want the manager sacked. Christ.

Chopping and changing managers regularly rarely ends well. Managers need time to get it right. Slow but sure progress is all I ask for, and I do think that's what we're getting. Unless a manager has c

Posted Images

On 18/11/2020 at 15:33, TJHValiant said:

Non league football is part time. We are in the lowest fully pro division. If non league was that bad how come we were beaten by King’s Lynn town, who regularly have been getting stuffed in their league.

One of game, underdogs, we have seen it so many times, not just Vale, plenty of league teams get beaten in the cup.

6 hours ago, bomber said:

I don,t hold out much hope for Saturday! But as Guitar Ray says to many players under performing , we need more players on 8 out of 10 at the mo most on 6 , just not good enough! We are a very average side but when the majority of player are at 8 out of 10 then we will be up there. 

We're not a very average side. We're only a very average side because of one man, and that's the manager. Pretty much everyone here was in agreement before a ball was kicked this season that our first 11 was great and we had a better/stronger looking squad than we did last season. And so did plenty of other fans of other clubs in League Two who tipped us to do well. That might still happen come the end of the season. But to lose 5 of the 12 games we've played in the league so far along with being knocked out the FA Cup is pretty poor, regardless of how people try to dress it up. We should not be a win a couple lose a couple type of team with the players Askey has available.

Edited by TylerB

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

We're not a very average side. We're only a very average side because of one man, and that's the manager. Pretty much everyone here was in agreement before a ball was kicked this season that our first 11 was great and we had a better/stronger looking squad than we did last season. And so did plenty of other fans of other clubs in League Two who tipped us to do well. That might still happen come the end of the season. But to lose 5 of the 12 games we've played in the league so far along with being knocked out the FA Cup is pretty poor, regardless of how people try to dress it up. We should not be a win a couple lose a couple type of team with the players Askey has available.

Thats a matter of opinion I think is more down to the players! However do the players really think that they can get away with half hearted performances when the crowds are back! No matter what if they give 100% then they will get the support of the majority of Vale fans. Not having a settled side is also not helping. I am not sure at this point getting rid of JA is the best answer, plus once you start changing managers there are no guarantees on what you get.  

2 hours ago, bomber said:

Thats a matter of opinion I think is more down to the players! However do the players really think that they can get away with half hearted performances when the crowds are back! No matter what if they give 100% then they will get the support of the majority of Vale fans. Not having a settled side is also not helping. I am not sure at this point getting rid of JA is the best answer, plus once you start changing managers there are no guarantees on what you get.  

Despite the odd Askey out which is our of sheer frustrating, I don't want him sacked and don't think he's close to it yet. But my biggest concern is I don't suddenly see things changing. We'll continue to be crap against those sides in the division that just come with a very basic and simple game plan to sit back, and unless we score the first goal which doesn't happen often enough at Vale Park lately we obviously struggle. I just want the team to come out from the off and really get at the opposition, much less of this slow and meaningless passing that gets nowhere fast. And when we do go a goal down show a bit more belief. It's like our players know there's no goals in the side and can't handle the pressure of knowing they'll need to score at least twice to win games when going a goal down. Askey is the manager at the end of the day and he needs to get more out of the likes of Cullen, Pope and Robinson. These are all decent players for this level and yet none of them are doing the business.

• Like 1

Advert:

Football , a game of 2 halves played by 2 teams of 11 players. Ah so thats the problem. 

Oh well get our most  experienced players to explain that to the younger lads. Oops forgot its the experienced ones getting sent off. Yes but there are times when you have to take one for the team, or in these cases stupid mid pitch ,pointless incidents. 

Yes but they will learn from their mistakes . Seems not in our Captains case.

So there we go, whilst Askeys team selection and tactics can be up for debate the  reckless action of the players ( Joyce and Legg respectively) cost us the Tranmere and Newport games. Find it hard to criticise the 10 who stayed on the pitch. 

Add 4 thrown away points on to our current total and life looks alot rosier.