onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert

15 minutes ago, Santa said:

We are slowly regressing compared to how we left off in March. We are predictable and boring as hell to watch.

I agree with this...  Time is running out and I feel this could be the beginning of the end for this group of players and JA.

Pope was the 3rd sub to at least offer a chance of a knockdown to a beleaguered and poor Cullen. 

Instead Rodders goes right wing. 

Astonishing really .

Has the Scunthorpe keeper ever had an easier night, genuinely don't know his name either because he was never mentioned. 

Guarantee you in 10 games time when the same is happening and we're still doing the exact same things game after game, the same people here will still be spouting the same nonsense. 
Some of the supporters are as much to blame as anyone in the club. Accept mediocrity and that's what you will always get. Too many Last of the Summer Wine and rich tea biscuit people around in regards to Port Vale. Just happy to be alive and have a Sunday dinner and a slice of carrot cake every weekend.
How did Page out go?

How did Bruno out go?

How did Brown out go?

For the first time in 4 appointments we have improved when changing the manager. It may not be very entertaining at the moment but lets give him more than 12 games of slight regression before we make the same mistake.

4 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Indeed. Those saying 'Askey out' are wasting their key-presses (as opposed to breath!)

Carol has said that she hates seeing criticism or negative opinions, so I very much doubt that she would pay attention enough to get rid of someone that she seemingly gets along with.

Whether she is able to do the "nasty" parts (i.e. sacking managers) would be a big test of her role as a football club owner - she comes across as far too nice a person to go through with it (yes, she's almost certainly had to do it in her business life, but would it be different for her in the football world?)

Reckon Askey is safe for a long time yet.

I don’t think Carol would be happy putting money and effort into something that isn’t working or she has no belief in. She is a very decisive person who does not do half measures. 

I think when Askey does go, it won’t be a drawn out campaign with daft press comments like we had under Smurfwaite over several months. 

This idea that Carol is some kind of fairy godmother figure isn’t right, I always felt she wanted a community club and wants success as much as the next fan. 

I’ve been a big supporter of Askey and when Taylor scored at Crewe and then Pope scored at Man City I genuinely felt a that the tide was turning and a better period was just around the corner for us.

But this season has in the main been a major, major disappointment. Yes people might harp on about winning at Exeter but we were the beneficiaries of two incredible misses and one even more incredible - literally unbelievable - save from Brown.

We have lost 3 home games on the spin against the might of Kings Lynn, a reasonable Tranny side and a poor Scunny.

I’d go as far as to say that if a side as bad as Scunny can restrict us to just two shots on target with such a simple game plan then some very serious questions need to be asked of the players and the manager.

Do I think a managerial change is needed....? Not sure if I’m honest, if nothing other than I don’t know who else is around. Graham Alexander maybe?? Ummm.

What I do know is that Askey seriously needs to change the team and tactics, far too predictable and just not functioning effectively, otherwise support will very quickly start to disappear. 

8 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Sacking a manager 11 games in would be a massive over reaction . Tonight was frustrating , but we are clearly the better side.

We aren’t used to being the favourites going into games and I think we need to be way more positive in the players selected.

I think a good loan signing at Christmas could just make the difference.

Agreed that montano and Mckirdy needed to start tonight. To many key players not at it.

Need a result Saturday now where as it would have been a bonus game if we had won tonight.

We can't bring in a loan player until January as the window is shut. We also have 22 players which is the full limit a team is allowed 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Pope was the 3rd sub to at least offer a chance of a knockdown to a beleaguered and poor Cullen. 

Astonishing really .

Has the Scunthorpe keeper ever had an easier night, genuinely don't know his name either because he was never mentioned. 

Amoo was injured I think

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Astonishing really .

I wouldn’t pay him for tonight

Just now, wotsyobeef said:

How did Page out go?

How did Bruno out go?

How did Brown out go?

For the first time in 4 appointments we have improved when changing the manager. It may not be very entertaining at the moment but lets give him more than 12 games of slight regression before we make the same mistake.

Why give him 20? 25? Season will be as good as over then to do anything. And at least two of those managers you mentioned probably should have gone sooner than they did. You'll be able to add Askey to that list down the line.

I don’t like reacting negatively about a Vale loss, but that was just totally unacceptable. Very one dimensional, too many sideways and backwards passes. Cullen was awful, absolutely awful. Crookes at LB? Why? He isn’t a LB. Why John, why? Back to the drawing board now. Give McKirdy a start, he’s looked lively again tonight. Bring Monty back in at LB. Give Legge a rest, he looks f*cked. I like Legge, but a change is needed. The only problem is, Brisley has looked sluggish and I’m not convinced by Crookes. 

Six points dropped over the past two games. We have shot ourselves in the foot. 

I like Askey, and I genuinely believe he can take us forward. But, it’s now time to reassess his options because we are looking short of any form of confidence and guile.

I’m still not having this ‘Askey out’ business. People are entitled to their opinions and I can see why people are frustrated. Just remember, we are 12 games in. Every season has its ups and downs. Last season was a prime example.  

A bit of luck would be nice. Nothing is dropping our way at the moment. 

Thanks Vale, that’s another night of mine you’ve ruined. The joys of being a football fan...

Archived