onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I was about to say that. We haven't been the same since the Kings Lynn defeat and we've got into a cycle of bad results. 

Not having a cutting edge is one thing but what was up with Worrall tonight? Every corner or cross massively over hit.

very poor play, askeys got big problems rocket and arse come to mjnd.🥵

Advert

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Bang average? A big improvement over most of the teams we've fielded in recent years. Glad you're throwing a tantrum about improvement. Think how much you'll get excited when we're back challenging at the end of the season.

Horse <ovf censored> isn't any better than Donkey <ovf censored>. Some of our performances this season belong in the Jim Gannon days, including that bomb scare of a performance tonight.

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Bang average? A big improvement over most of the teams we've fielded in recent years. Glad you're throwing a tantrum about improvement. Think how much you'll get excited when we're back challenging at the end of the season.

Please enlighten us how this side is better than last seasons. 

It’s not that big of a positive to say we have a better team a couple of years after struggling to survive. We should surely be aiming slightly higher than that. Especially considering our budget this season and our ability to sign players compared to others around us. (Wasted by askey on crap players)

I’d also argue we’ve already had many worse performances than in the whole of last season. 

I’ve never really blamed Askey for a result, but tonight I do. We’ve just lost two on the spin, and he keeps the same shape and team, most notably keeping Crookes at left back. 

It was crying out for Monty to come back in, and arguably McKirdy and Rodney based on recent performances.

We couldn’t break down a poor Scunny team. That’s the bottom line. They were <ovf censored> as well. <ovf censored> give up. Great owners, same <ovf censored> Vale. 

It was like watching the King’s Lynn match again. Awful really. We slowed our tempo to a crawl and tried to walk past the wall of their defence too often. So many poor passes from nearly everyone, no fluidity in play, no creativity, no nothing. 

Watching the game was soul destroying. Crosses missed by everyone in the area, McKirdy looking lively but flattered to deceive by running backwards and in circles often, Oyleke was shoddy with his passing, despite having 4 wingers at one stage we managed 1 effective cross all evening! 

Seeing as we are hiring all these proven names like Frank Sinclair etc coaching the youth players, I think it would be better if they all spent time with the first team instead.  

If I had to pay the usual £22 for that rubbish I would not be at the next home game. I just think Askey has brought in some absolute duffers who are not the improvement we needed.

Some of you need to get a grip.

Saturday, we threw the game away after Joyce stupidity.

Tonight, a few decisions go our way and we win by a landslide.

We have a solid team without many super heroes but that pays off over a full season. If you've ever been involved with football, you understand that. Don't expect to win every week. Be competitive and with a decent squad and solid manager, good things happen.

3 home defeats in a row against is just not good enough. Are we training to score or just to keep games tight? Absolutely clueless, no creativitiy again against a team which comes to VP defend. Not only do they defend in numbers but we make it really easy for them. To chase the game and still not play 2 up front I'm sorry thats unforgiveable. 

This is simply not good enough. Can anyone tell men why our best attacking and creative central midfielder plays in the 'Joyce' role, how Crookes keeps his place and why we keep persisting to play Cullen upfront on his own when we don't have midfielders running behind him to stretch the play?

Absolutely abysmal that 2nd half. We looked more like a relegation team in that half rather than a side hoping for play offs. The team look completely devoid of ideas. 

Sorry JA you're beginning to run out of time... more than 10 games in and we have not moved any further forward from last season.Our high press against a team which wants to play and attack us we look OK but any team who wants to just lump it forward and sit back we have no idea how to play. 

Tick tock....

Archived