Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Definitely not the same Vale team again  with Joyce suspended, nor are we up against a team as good as Tranmere, so go for it Vale.  Hold on, after losing 5 league games on the trot Scunthorpe won at Oldham 2-0, both goals in the 2nd half.  Nothing is straight forward in this league, just grind the points out. Manny, McKirdy, and Cullen  to start,  then wrap the game up in the first half. Show we deserve to be in the mix and ready to take on Newport next.

• Like 1

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Booooooooooooooo Abysmal 10 days to be a Vale supporter 

Our fan base is an embarrassment at the moment. We are outside the playoffs on goal difference and you want the manager sacked. Christ.

Chopping and changing managers regularly rarely ends well. Managers need time to get it right. Slow but sure progress is all I ask for, and I do think that's what we're getting. Unless a manager has c

Posted Images

Advert:

Advert:

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I see Jake Taylor wasn’t in their squad yesterday. 

I reckon we’ll try to sign him again in January on loan. 

brown

clark brisley smith monty

burgess manny conlon

amoo Pope Worrall

36 minutes ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Where to start with the team for this game a tough decision but surely the back four will be not the same as that would be insane .

Brown Clark Mills Brisley Montano

Oyeleke Whitehead 

Amoo      Hurst      Worrall 

Pope 

Out go a fair few and in come a fair few .

Players go out who performed very poorly on sat ,there confidence will be shot and we cannot afford to carry passengers.

I think Mills may still be isolating, but, if not, to put him in at CH is, to use your terminology, insane.  You’d play Hurst before McKirdy?  I’d also say that is insane but it’s all about different opinions I guess.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Brown 

Clark Smith Brisley Montano

Worrall Manny Conlon 

Amoo Cullen Mckirdy

I'd go with that.

Legge started the season amazingly but has looked shaky since so a break might do him good. At 35, we probably need to manage him a bit better and not have him playing 50+ games.

Worrall's energy should serve him well in CM and Manny for Joyce seems a fair swap.

We need to give McKirdy a run of game, he's a potential star with his creativity.