------------------------------------------------------
        FA Cup       Vale 0     Kings Lynn Town 1  
Possession              -              -   not available
Shots                       17             3
Shots on Target      11              1
------------------------------------------------------
        Something Needs Sorting ?

19 hours ago, TylerB said:

You're asking a malted milk biscuit to suddenly turn into a jammy dodger. Not gonna happen.

Wow!  Talk about the product of a warped mind.  The thought of this has made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. There's only thing I want my malted milk biscuit to turn into and that's a chocolate malted milk.

7 hours ago, Chopper Harris said:

We are still in the hunt for the play offs if not automatic promotion. If we finish mid table at the end of the season and consolidate our position then that won’t be a bad season.  We can’t expect and demand success every season.......if that is what you want then as I said earlier go and support someone else. 

Yes it is a bad season. Our Chairlady said exactly that. "We aren't doing 8th again". FFS

Finishing mid-table is a poor season. Consolidating what position? It would be a backwards step.

We can't expect success every season but a crumb of success for the first time since 2013 would be nice.

Again, folks. Stop talking down Port Vale. Stop treating success as if we don't deserve it. Playoffs is the minimum this year.

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Just to clarify you are saying those sticking with Askey lack ambition,is that correct?

Nope. You've invented that mate. Incredible.

I don't want to sack Askey.

See my above post replying to someone who described 'midtable consolidation' as a successful season. That's lacking ambition. We should be expecting to finish top 7 considering our budget and expectations of our Chairlady. Anything less and questions need to be asked.

36 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I’d like to see us play 4-2-3-1. Gives us the protection at the back but allows a player to push up and support the striker.

Brown

clarke 

Smith

Legge

Monty

Joyce 

Manny

worrell 

Mckirdy 

Amoo 

Pope

Happy with that formation

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yes it is a bad season. Our Chairlady said exactly that. "We aren't doing 8th again". FFS

Finishing mid-table is a poor season. Consolidating what position? It would be a backwards step.

We can't expect success every season but a crumb of success for the first time since 2013 would be nice.

Again, folks. Stop talking down Port Vale. Stop treating success as if we don't deserve it. Playoffs is the minimum this year.

I m not talking Port Vale down and neither am I saying we don’t deserve success. Please don’t think that I am being negative. I just want to be realistic and put our current position in perspective.

From the shambles of being run by Smurthwaite and us going from one bad manager to another I just want some stability for once. So yes a mid table finish and some consolidation from constantly sliding down the football league for me is not a poor season based on what had happened since Page left. In the last decade we have been in more relegation scraps than promotion hunting campaigns. We have been in complete free fall and nearly ended up in the Conference twice surviving by the skin of our teeth. The team that Askey has put together is a world away from what we had under Brown, Ribiero and all. We just need to give them time. 

If social media was around when Rudgey was at the club he wouldn’t have lasted as long as he did. 

A crumb of success would be nice but there are 24 clubs all trying to achieve the same thing as we are. You say the playoffs is an absolute minimum.......how many times have we been in the playoffs since 1993? 

We can’t just expect success and the playoffs because we are Port Vale. I want us to be thrashing everyone week in and week out but realistically that isn’t  going to happen. I just want to be realistic. We haven’t started the season fantastically or dreadfully. We have had some good games and some bad ones. Some posters are carrying on as though we are in the boat as Southend. 

13 minutes ago, Joe B said:

See Chopper Harris' post. He says exactly that. You're looking daft here.

That’s one person Joe, where are all these others whose “lack of ambition” has frightened you?

When I read through the posts last night many were questioning, some very strongly, the recent performances, manager, players, tactics, etc.  Not many, (any?) were satisfied with things.  I think some of the comments you allude to are probably in response to the calls from a vocal few for the managers head.

Whilst there will always be those fans who’re satisfied to see us just plod on, my belief is that the vast majority of the fan base expect to see us finish higher this season than last and certainly do not lack ambition for the club.

Archived