onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

Advert

So who would you replace Askey with ? Those wanting him out ? No fans in maybe until next season , no revenue . Who do you think we could bring in on a shoe string to improve things ?

We are 8th in the league having nearly had no football to watch due to

-going out of business
-global pandemic
-non league and probably going out of business.

Tonight was <ovf censored>, Saturday was a freak game and the cup game, well numerous other league teams had the same happen.

Just enjoy the ride, we might win Saturday and all will be forgotten.

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I don’t think Carol would be happy putting money and effort into something that isn’t working or she has no belief in. She is a very decisive person who does not do half measures. 

I think when Askey does go, it won’t be a drawn out campaign with daft press comments like we had under Smurfwaite over several months. 

This idea that Carol is some kind of fairy godmother figure isn’t right, I always felt she wanted a community club and wants success as much as the next fan. 

She did say we won't finish 8th again to be fair.

I'll predict 14th 😅

21 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Some of you need to get a grip.

Saturday, we threw the game away after Joyce stupidity.

Tonight, a few decisions go our way and we win by a landslide.

We have a solid team without many super heroes but that pays off over a full season. If you've ever been involved with football, you understand that. Don't expect to win every week. Be competitive and with a decent squad and solid manager, good things happen.

Decisions or not. That was shocking. Starting from team selection. Despite what you say Tranmere will finish higher than us. They have a team with goals in them. To be fair i am not so sure about their defence. Scunthorpe are poor but they beat us without breaking sweat.

We might bounce back against Newport but i do doubt it. They too have goals in them. We have very few.

We have a solid team you say, without super heroes. Dont know about that but i know we have no goals in our entire squad.

Not sure if Askey is a solid manager either. Better than the last two or three but not convinced. Cannot understand why he thinks we have goals in this squad let alone the eleven he chooses

Just now, Portvale4 said:

Every season has its ups and downs. Last season was a prime example.  

Where are the ups? Must have missed them. Out of all the cups, bar the Papa Smurf’s or whatever it is called and dreadful efforts in the league.

Last season, we played so well post Christmas,  but even before then, looked far better than now. 

Pope should be playing every minute of every game when fit and available. Cullen is not (and never will be) a lone striker. 

Utter garbage tonight. Such a contrast to Saturday when I thought we were excellent at times. 

Manny is useless, wish we had Jake Taylor here instead of him. Manny and Cullen were useless tonight and I can't believe such an awful team with practically no quality at all have beaten us. 

Some good away wins predictably followed up by some tame home defeats. Is that three or four home defeats on the trot now? Must be a long time since that has happened. 

One up front at home is a joke. Sort it out JA! 

5 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

How did Page out go?

How did Bruno out go?

How did Brown out go?

For the first time in 4 appointments we have improved when changing the manager. It may not be very entertaining at the moment but lets give him more than 12 games of slight regression before we make the same mistake.

Page was forced out by Smurf not sacked he walked due to Smurf cutting the budget and slating him in public.

I can't speak for other vale fans but I was happy with page in charge. Thought he did a decent job 

Archived