onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

I don't think it's the environment to chop and change managers. This season may have to be written off because we don't look any better than a mediocre mid-table side. Askey did a tremendous job to steady the ship mid all the instability but longer term we might have to look at someone else who can put together a promotion side.

We are slowly regressing compared to how we left off in March. We are predictable and boring as hell to watch.

We signed too many mediocre players in the summer who are nowhere near the first team.

We have nobody who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. We don't have enough goals in the side.

Like i said. We are a mediocre squad. No creativity and only 40 goals a season MAXIMUM

Super Worral, second to DeBruyne, LOL hes average. Probably star man on Sat. Whats his problem ?

Cullen, sunday morning player. Does not deserve a place.

Montano HAS TO START and he is not a top seven team player.

Conlon is not a top seven team player. He and Burgess have no drive , no creativity or goal threat.

All that possession and what have Conlon,Burgess,Worral,Amoo created. NOTHING. What makes it worse is you know it will happen week after week. Then we have the great performance and everyone thinks we are the best team in the league.

The above also applies to the defence when we are under pressure. Average players

Mid table at best. Will win a couple on the bounce and give us hope again but over a season, mid table at best

Askey has questions to answer.

Why Crookes at full back. He is another one who should not play again. Does he know how Scunthorpe play ? After five mins on the pitch Montano twice ended up in the Scunthorpe penalty area AND he can pass a ball forwards.

Cullen up front ? Never

Made early changes with subs but first 11 was poor choice.

We will never get rid of Askey and yes it is still better than last three years. Askey had a huge slice of luck with Taylor last season. He was the surprise package. He also drove forward and ended up in the opposition box.

Advert

I don't think it's the environment to chop and change managers. This season may have to be written off because we don't look any better than a mediocre mid-table side. Askey did a tremendous job to steady the ship mid all the instability but longer term we might have to look at someone else who can put together a promotion side.
We are slowly regressing compared to how we left off in March. We are predictable and boring as hell to watch.
We signed too many mediocre players in the summer who are nowhere near the first team.
We have nobody who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. We don't have enough goals in the side.

But how many more seasons do we have to keep writing off part way through? Is this the thinking behind the 10 match season-ticket?

9 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

He’s played 9 times this season, scoring twice

According to wiki played 0, scored 0. Official Stockport County site contradicts. This played 7 scored 1, against Chesterfield in an FA Cup qualifying round. Glad you brought this to my attention as I’ll ignore wiki stats in the future

Sacking a manager 11 games in would be a massive over reaction . Tonight was frustrating , but we are clearly the better side.

We aren’t used to being the favourites going into games and I think we need to be way more positive in the players selected.

I think a good loan signing at Christmas could just make the difference.

Agreed that montano and Mckirdy needed to start tonight. To many key players not at it.

Need a result Saturday now where as it would have been a bonus game if we had won tonight.

16 minutes ago, Ron C said:

You're not a Vale fan at all. I call you out as a Potter if ever there was one.

Not going anywhere? Where have you been for the last decade? We're in miles better shape than we have been in years.

That’s true but not due to Askey. We were in the terrible shape because of crackpot Smurfwaite. Askey did keep us up, but he has ran out of road and the idea that we should keep the faIth makes no sense.

Askey was a cheapo, Smurfwaite era appointment. It shows. 

Last season we struggled against the poorer sides and generally did well against the better ones.

There's lots that have disappointed me over the last few games but people need to calm down.

This season we have concentrated on improving the squad rather than the team which bearing in mind that there is a congested schedule should benefit us over the course of the season.

Askey may frustrate with his selections and substitutuons at times but he drops players in the right way.

This season is different to any other and I would be amazed if we finish outside the top 10 and think it is likely that we will at least make playoffs.

Let's not chop and change. How many wanted Page gone and now talk about Smurf pushing him out as the moment it went wrong. How many years were Wycombe fighting for relegation under Ainsworth.

We have a good manager that has improved the team massively since he has come in. Bearing in mind the current situation we have spent the summer improving in the right way.

Let's look at the long term. Yes we may be faltering bit at the moment but we have great owners, a top half team, a manager that has had success and players want to come here.

Lets be happy stabilising this season and pushing on when fans are back. Some clubs won't be the same next year or even January as they haven't had the st sales, and will be making a bigger loss that we have had amd don't have owners that can't continue to support them.

Let's hope for an improvement sooner rather than later and try not to fall into the trap of constant chopping and changing assuming that the grass is greener.

Just now, dazzerjames said:

Sacking a manager 11 games in would be a massive over reaction . Tonight was frustrating , but we are clearly the better side.

We aren’t used to being the favourites going into games and I think we need to be way more positive in the players selected.

I think a good loan signing at Christmas could just make the difference.

Agreed that montano and Mckirdy needed to start tonight. To many key players not at it.

Need a result Saturday now where as it would have been a bonus game if we had won tonight.

How many games do you leave it ? More than half of our performances have been dross

5 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Askey is safe in his job and he knows it

Indeed. Those saying 'Askey out' are wasting their key-presses (as opposed to breath!)

Carol has said that she hates seeing criticism or negative opinions, so I very much doubt that she would pay attention enough to get rid of someone that she seemingly gets along with.

Whether she is able to do the "nasty" parts (i.e. sacking managers) would be a big test of her role as a football club owner - she comes across as far too nice a person to go through with it (yes, she's almost certainly had to do it in her business life, but would it be different for her in the football world?)

Reckon Askey is safe for a long time yet.

14 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Some of you need to get a grip.

Saturday, we threw the game away after Joyce stupidity.

Tonight, a few decisions go our way and we win by a landslide.

We have a solid team without many super heroes but that pays off over a full season. If you've ever been involved with football, you understand that. Don't expect to win every week. Be competitive and with a decent squad and solid manager, good things happen.

A landslide ?

He hasn't made a save until injury time, the scramble on the line 

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Indeed. Those saying 'Askey out' are wasting their key-presses (as opposed to breath!)

Carol has said that she hates seeing criticism or negative opinions, so I very much doubt that she would pay attention enough to get rid of someone that she seemingly gets along with.

Whether she is able to do the "nasty" parts (i.e. sacking managers) would be a big test of her role as a football club owner - she comes across as far too nice a person to go through with it (yes, she's almost certainly had to do it in her business life, but would it be different for her in the football world?)

Reckon Askey is safe for a long time yet.

Hes as safe for as long as fans let him be safe there is only so much pressure before she would have to think about it. One thing in askeys favour is no fans because i woildnt of liked to hear the reaction after tonights performance

Guarantee you in 10 games time when the same <ovf censored> is happening and we're still doing the exact same things game after game, the same people here will still be spouting the same nonsense. 

Some of the supporters are as much to blame as anyone in the club. Accept mediocrity and that's what you will always get. Too many Last of the Summer Wine and rich tea biscuit people around in regards to Port Vale. Just happy to be alive and have a Sunday dinner and a slice of carrot cake every weekend.

Guarantee you in 10 games time when the same is happening and we're still doing the exact same things again after game, the same people here will still be spouting the same nonsense. 
Some of the supporters are as much to blame as anyone in the club. Accept mediocrity and that's what you will always get. Too many Last of the Summer Wine and rich tea biscuit people around in regards to Port Vale. Just happy to be alive and have a Sunday dinner and a slice of carrot cake every weekend.

Harsh

Archived