onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

Fosse69

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Strangely me and you chose exactly the same side for tonight. 

Reading between the lines i'm only expecting the one change tonight which is baffling.

In light of the constant Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday it would be good to rotate more.

There is absolutely no doubt that Legge has dropped his standards and Montano is definitely a better option than Crookes. Apart from Swindon i thought Brisley has been a steady eddie so it's not like he's unproven there.

Cullen has again had a stop start season but is a goal getter particularly at home.

If folks aren't droppable after 2 succesive home defeats just when exactly are they droppable ?

It will be the same side but Manny for Joyce in my opinion. 

Agree. We should be rotating anyway with the amount of fixtures. If conceding 4 (poor) second half goals and a loss to kings lynn both home, isn’t the time to change it I don’t know when is. 

Advert

On 16/11/2020 at 15:13, blackdog said:

A couple of things, you might watch it, but it all depends on the team, what a weird of showing support, it's a good job all football supporters dont follow your example.

Secondly, I leave team selection to the professionals they tend to have a better idea of what's required, but if your not busy, nip up and see Carol and tell her Askey doesn't have a clue and show her your ideas.

Wow!!!...pissy! He's as entitled to his opinion as the next Vale fan. I certainly wouldn't call his support weird...even if his team selections may border on thart!

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Wow!!!...pissy! He's as entitled to his opinion as the next Vale fan. I certainly wouldn't call his support weird...even if his team selections may border on thart!

If you don't watch because you don't like the team selection, then I would argue that it is weird, he is entitled to his opinion as I am.

If you don't watch because you don't like the team selection, then I would argue that it is weird, he is entitled to his opinion as I am.
Whys it weird? He pays his money like the rest of us and if he feels he's not going to be entertained then why pay? I always think twice about tuning in or going when I see pope starting, as I know how turgid it's usually going to be. So far, I've bitten the bullet but if it becomes a regular feature I won't bother, even though I've paid via my season ticket. Each to their own

I really rate Manny, but fear about his positional discipline in the 6 role.

Joyce's entire game is predicated on reading the game and always being in the right areas during counters/when defending deep.

Manny is very talented and will be able to help us build from deep, but tends to drift out of position and is far more suited to a role where he is unshackled to one with strict positional demands such as Joyce's.

Just not convinced playing him deep with work. Problem is, we've got too many 8s and no 6s bar Joyce.

I really rate Manny, but fear about his positional discipline in the 6 role.
Joyce's entire game is predicated on reading the game and always being in the right areas during counters/when defending deep.
Manny is very talented and will be able to help us build from deep, but tends to drift out of position and is far more suited to a role where he is unshackled to one with strict positional demands such as Joyce's.
Just not convinced playing him deep with work. Problem is, we've got too many 8s and no 6s bar Joyce.
Manny won player of the season playing that role with Shot so can't be that bad at it.

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:
44 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Whys it weird? He pays his money like the rest of us and if he feels he's not going to be entertained then why pay? I always think twice about tuning in or going when I see pope starting, as I know how turgid it's usually going to be. So far, I've bitten the bullet but if it becomes a regular feature I won't bother, even though I've paid via my season ticket. Each to their own

I might have misunderstood, I was referring to not going to matches because you don't like the team selection, who knows how a game could turn out ? Thats the beauty of football, you never know, Pope might get a hat trick tonight. 

Archived