Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

1 hour ago, ginge said:

We have seen some dross over the years but if we look at the bigger picture, we are in a global pandemic, hopefully all safe and well (although some posters need to give their head a good wobble reading some of their garbage), and we are building a solid team playing some good football, with fantastic owners-especially compared to where we may have ended up with the previous regime (you only need to look at clubs like Bury). 

This..........absolutely bob on Ginge!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know if its because we're in lockdown or vale fans can't go to the games but whenever vale lose lately it brings out the worse aggression in some fans. Which is really disappointing.  Not j

Re that QPR game - another one influenced by incompetent officials who failed to give Tony Naylor's fifth goal when the ball had crossed the line!!

Mate, you’ve made four posts since January and each one has been demanding Askey is sacked. I’d see a doctor about this obsession if I was you. 

9 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

So you happy lose 4-3 when3-2 up with four minutes to go let  that sink in losing a game you only had to see out with good organisation and solid backbone .

Only a stoke fan would have enjoyed watching that ending of the game a massive embarrassment and on that showing Tranmere will be finish way higher than us .

70 per cent possession to the away side  and we are at home like I say we never got to grips with them all game ,mind you with our one dimensional manager I'm hardly surprised ,as someone already said his job is too comfortable why not tr Worrall in Joyce's position ,no let's just give Tranmere the freedom of Vale park 

Firstly I’m never happy when Vale lose however when you been a fan for over 50 years you need to get use to it.

I'm certainly no Stoke fan but I am a realist. We have won three out of four of our most recent league games and continue this form would bring any team automatic promotion. 
In my opinion, after we scored our first goal, Tranmere had possession but didn’t look like scoring and Brown was a spectator. The red card changed the game and unfortunately our energy levels understandably dropped. Unfortunately we fell 3 minutes short of getting the three points but their was no lack of effort.

Askey has helped to turn the club around in the time he’s been here and has the vast majority of the fanbase’s support. Yes he can improve particularly, on the timing of his substitutes but he has given the team an identity which is something we haven’t had since the Adam’s days. I’m just glad, unlike some fans, he doesn’t get too high with the victories and too down with the losses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I dont understand askeys decision to bring on oyeleke and to play him upfront that's like Chelsea saying to kante go play upfront. If you bring oyeleke on you play him in midfield and keep rodney upfront and perhaps then oyeleke would have been in the position to close down or block there winning goal in the 96th minute.

Totally agree. Only problem is that i have yet to see Rodney put himself about to help try and defend from the front.

Putting Rodney wide right to defend is not much better either. Brisley to full back with Clarke in front would have been much better. Clarke would have support, Brisley also offers the height at the back. Even Monty up front to chase their defenders would be better than Rodney.

Was Manny saved from 30 mins of tough football because he will be needed Tuesday ?

21 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Evidence I watched it fold  before me eyes its battered my head 3-2 up with four mins left then for some reason we just folded like pack of cards .

I love Vale I'm not accepting of what I witnessed 

You have to accept it, it's already happened or are you Donald Trump lol

• Haha 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Yes you are right I'm deleting my account as soon as I can for some reason it will not let me ,my anger has subsided now and on reflection I have over reacted a bit to the result and not really give myself time reflect on what I saw which was a very poor end to a good match if you support Port Vale if your a neutral watching it's a great game if you support a premier league team as well as Vale it may not matter as much but it mattered to me and I couldn't deal with it and that's why I will no longer comment on any thread as i do not come on here argue i come on here to say what I see and what I saw was a shambles .

Keep the faith I hope we never repeat this ending to a game  again before the game I was so convinced we would finish top 3 after the game bottom seven in  league two a week after losing to Kings Lynn. 

A Horrible few saturdays even worse when there your weekends off .

UTV 

I look forward to your next incarnation 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Yes you are right I'm deleting my account as soon as I can for some reason it will not let me ,my anger has subsided now and on reflection I have over reacted a bit to the result and not really give myself time reflect on what I saw which was a very poor end to a good match if you support Port Vale if your a neutral watching it's a great game if you support a premier league team as well as Vale it may not matter as much but it mattered to me and I couldn't deal with it and that's why I will no longer comment on any thread as i do not come on here argue i come on here to say what I see and what I saw was a shambles .

Keep the faith I hope we never repeat this ending to a game  again before the game I was so convinced we would finish top 3 after the game bottom seven in  league two a week after losing to Kings Lynn. 

A Horrible few saturdays even worse when there your weekends off .

UTV 

Hopefully, you'll reflect some more and decide not to delete your account.  Everyone was shocked after the conclusion to the game and "anger" and "over reaction" is a part of the passion that goes along with being a fan.

Ultimately it's a game of football, and there's another game of football tomorrow night where we can attempt to put it right, and if not we can look forward to next Saturday.  Hoping we never repeat the ending we witnessed is all well and good but it's all part and parcel.  Who, after all, was expecting us to smash 7 past Burton or beat the Evertons, Spurs etc of this world.  To fully enjoy the highs you have to experience the lows.

• Like 5

I think we've flogged Saturday's dead horse now and have posted our opinions.

But I was surprised that we didn't go 351 for the last ten minutes, strengthened the centre of our defence with Brisley's height/physicality and had Oyeleke from the start in front of the three central defenders in his proper position.

Onwards and upwards. It's gone now and the games continue to come thick and fast.

There is very little between any team in this league and we have to be at our best to get anything from any game. We need most to give us 8/10 performances as a minimum. 6/10 won't do. 

Another interesting team selection I would imagine.

• Like 2