Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

16 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If we are 2-0 down next week after 55 mins against scunny and they get a man sent off would we expect to score 4 goals and win the game 

I agree, no I wouldn’t.

That’s one of the frustrating things. Some teams can somehow shut up shop and see games out. I know that as soon as that red card came out there was absolutely no way we’d get 3 points.

• Like 1

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know if its because we're in lockdown or vale fans can't go to the games but whenever vale lose lately it brings out the worse aggression in some fans. Which is really disappointing.  Not j

Re that QPR game - another one influenced by incompetent officials who failed to give Tony Naylor's fifth goal when the ball had crossed the line!!

Mate, you’ve made four posts since January and each one has been demanding Askey is sacked. I’d see a doctor about this obsession if I was you. 

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

His job is to break up attacks - why shouldn’t he attempt the tackle. 

Yes dive in the middle of the pitch pointless and get sent off. To stop a goal , or to stop the chance of a goal I would agree. But to do what he did , only word crap. If you think he did ok up to you, but he cost us 3 points

If Conlon had a right foot we go 4-2 up with that glorious opportunity near the end. 

Swing your foot surely ?

I played 5-a-side poorly but would hit shots with both feet.

Some professional footballers even of a higher standard than Conlon are scared stiff to use their ' wrong foot ' 

It was a golden chance in the centre of the goal and he ended up at an acute angle and hit the side netting or the keeper saved it just because it had to be on his left peg

Advert:

1 minute ago, Properman said:

Yes dive in the middle of the pitch pointless and get sent off. To stop a goal , or to stop the chance of a goal I would agree. But to do what he did , only word crap. If you think he did ok up to you, but he cost us 3 points

So he shouldn’t attempt a tackle to stop an attack?  I’m still not convinced it was a red mind. Nine times out of ten a ref would have given a yellow.

Also, to all the Askey haters, we had won that game with 10 men at 90 minutes. Tell me how he gave away two goals in that ridiculous 6 mins of added time?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alkie said:

If I’m honest even at two up we were not in total control.   They always looked capable of scoring and both Crookes and Clark were struggling, maybe not because they were having an off day but because they couldn’t handle their respective opponents.    Another puzzler was putting Oyeleke up front.   Not known for chasing lost causes but he tried. I thought he would go into the middle and release a bure mobile runner to hold on to it up top.   

Agree.Tranmere always looked to have goals in them. Forwards and midfield i can see goals. Rodney should have stayed up front and swapped Amoo for Montano or even Brisley and pushed Clarke forward a little.

Advert:

unfortunately ifollow worked properly this week and we had to witness a thoroughly incompetent and unprofessional second half. the statistics show the better team won, even though they needed the help of the most disgraceful exhibition of reffing seen for a long while. Again this defence was caught ball watching and legge/smith/crookes not clearing easy balls in the box. the final goal there were five vale players between the ball and the goal! no one got close to it. lacking effort and energy besides being incapable of winning and holding on to the ball.beside that it was entertaining !!! the blame lies firmly at the players feet, not askeys.🥵:redcard2:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So he shouldn’t attempt a tackle to stop an attack?  I’m still not convinced it was a red mind. Nine times out of ten a ref would have given a yellow.

Also, to all the Askey haters, we had won that game with 10 men at 90 minutes. Tell me how he gave away two goals in that ridiculous 6 mins of added time?

I don't think that he was ever going to win the challenge.  By going to ground like that the only question was would it be a yellow or a red.  

From that perspective there may have been other better options than simply diving in.

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Jacko, you have have watched football , I have played and that was pointless. I dont think for one minute he did us any good today. Tackle yes, that was no use at all.

11 minutes ago, connor hackett said:
30 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:
Did they go out and defend 10 men behind the ball in desperate attempt to get a smash and grab result? 

No idea, but they've conceded 24 times so far in the league.

Think that’s my point though, as Pope says in his column, they will play very differently int he league career in the first round of the cup trying to get an upset smash and grab win.

Advert:

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

Ref was absolutely useless there.  Didnt think ours was a pen and Joyce was a booking for me.

Couldnt see a penalty in theirs either.

Foul on Pope for their equaliser.

Great game, but I need a lie down for a bit now.

Anyone who's made it to the age of 70 and beyond watching us, I take my hat off to you. 

As someone in that age category, I'm seriously thinking of giving it a rest - the owd ticker wunner tek eet fer much longer!

Ultimately disappointing, but what an entertaining game.

Tranmere are a good side and will be up there.

Vale matched them with tremendous energy.

I thought the game would have been more suited to Cullen than Pope.

That performance tells me we will do well over the course of a season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1