Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

2 minutes ago, TheSage said:

We lost that after the sending off. That was crucial. 

Yes, we can blame the ref but had we kept 11 men on the pitch.....

It's another bitterly disappointing result and typical Vale.

Yes, Sage - it was the turning point but it was followed by one incompetent refereeing decision after another, which in the end cost us the game

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 1

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know if its because we're in lockdown or vale fans can't go to the games but whenever vale lose lately it brings out the worse aggression in some fans. Which is really disappointing.  Not j

Re that QPR game - another one influenced by incompetent officials who failed to give Tony Naylor's fifth goal when the ball had crossed the line!!

Mate, you’ve made four posts since January and each one has been demanding Askey is sacked. I’d see a doctor about this obsession if I was you. 

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Joyce should be docked a months wages what a <ovf censored> horrendous tackle thats cost us the game genuinely shoule come out and apologise because that is shocking

Mate take a look at that tackle again..... 

• Like 1

Ref was absolutely useless there.  Didnt think ours was a pen and Joyce was a booking for me.

Couldnt see a penalty in theirs either.

Foul on Pope for their equaliser.

Great game, but I need a lie down for a bit now.

Anyone who's made it to the age of 70 and beyond watching us, I take my hat off to you. 

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Yet again a game decided by bad officiating. Never a red for Joyce - yes, it was late but if it had been the other way round a Tranmere player would have received a yellow. Then the foul on Pope not given that led to their goal. 

Fuming. Officials shouldn't change the course of a game but this one surely did.

• Like 1

Advert:

Sending off changed it, but the last two goals were avoidable. Given we were down to 10 and trying to hold out a lead with 6 mins of injury time, why wouldnt Askey bring on Brisley and go three at the back to sure up the defence?

Joyce was stupid in a nothing position on the pitch. It was either a bad yellow or a slightly soft red, so can't really blame the ref for that.

Foul on Pope and their penalty looked at least as soft as ours. Bottom line remains if Joyce hadn't given the ref a decision to make in an area on pitch where there was no danger we would have closed the game out comfortably. As soon as I saw it I thought there was a good chance of a red. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Agreed, with the exception of the red card the ref got pretty much all of the big decisions wrong.

I don't agree with the red card. Late challenge but with no intent. Yellow all day long for me.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, blackdog said:

For whats its worth I thought Tranmere were more composed on the ball and didn't deserve to lose so a draw would have a been a fair result for me, BUT where did 6 minutes come from ?

Not sure, someone mentioned a delay after the sending off but I don't recall it being anywhere near that long.

Referee gave us a pen that wasn't and he let their players get to him.

He spent the rest of the game trying to even out bad decisions with even worse decisions.

Joyce red is borderline. Not giving the foul on Pope in the build up to their first goal was strange, given some of the soft fouls he was giving all afternoon. I didn't think Leon did anything worse than make a decent block for their pen. I also couldn't see why he disallowed a goal right before that.

Really disappointed our players weren't around the ref at full time. I know it's wrong but where's our fire?

Edited by Santa