onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

So, the summary:-

- They started much sharper than us, were better in midfield and we had a big let off when they hit the bar. We didn’t learn from letting them shoot from distance and it ultimately cost us.

- I don’t think ours was a penalty.

- A brilliant set-piece goal from Amoo.

- They obviously got to the ref at HT.

- Joyce made a stupid challenge and I can see why the ref gave it.

- Blatant foul on Pope for their 1st but bad defending. 

- Couldn’t see why he disallowed Vaughan’s goal if I’m honest.

- Thought Rodney really didn’t bully their CB’s enough and should have done better with the chance he snatched at.

- Ridiculous, needless challenge from Legge to give them a penalty, which again looked a bit soft.

- Another brilliant set-piece goal from Rodney. 

- Manny played well but we should have done better with a couple of opportunities on the break.

- Not idea where 6 mins of injury time came from.

- Really, really poor 3rd goal to concede, what was Smith’s header all about?? Knocked the stuffing out of us.

- Inevitable winner, which was a good strike but again we almost invited him to have a pop from distance.

- Left wondering why Askey never brought Brisley on, to run the clock down if nothing else.

All in all, despite being hampered by as abject a refereeing performance as I’ve seen, I also think we are authors of our own downfall to a certain extent. I’m loathe to criticise Legge but he did a couple of strange, uncharacteristic things that make me think he is due a rest.

Agree with all of this. 

I was really surprised Askey didn't Stick Brisley on sooner 

Advert

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Once again, we lose without Joyce on the pitch. He’s a more important player than some on here think. I’d appeal the red. 

Joyce deserved to get sent off it was a red why go to ground just stand up no excuse he is a experienced player. The person to blame is Askey to play that side is unbelievable Tom popes legs have gone everyone can see it to keep him on that long is a shocking decision what did he do today hardly won a ball all day had one shot at goal that hit another player. When rodney came on at least he gave a 38 yr old centre back a bit of problem even manny went up front and did more than pope get some rose tinted glasses off  Joyce and Pope should be nowhere near the starting line up again end of

2 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Joyce deserved to get sent off it was a red why go to ground just stand up no excuse he is a experienced player. The person to blame is Askey to play that side is unbelievable Tom popes legs have gone everyone can see it to keep him on that long is a shocking decision what did he do today hardly won a ball all day had one shot at goal that hit another player. When rodney came on at least he gave a 38 yr old centre back a bit of problem even manny went up front and did more than pope get some rose tinted glasses off  Joyce and Pope should be nowhere near the starting line up again end of

Don’t agree. 

If I’m honest even at two up we were not in total control.   They always looked capable of scoring and both Crookes and Clark were struggling, maybe not because they were having an off day but because they couldn’t handle their respective opponents.    Another puzzler was putting Oyeleke up front.   Not known for chasing lost causes but he tried. I thought he would go into the middle and release a bure mobile runner to hold on to it up top.   

2 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Did you watch the first half? If so what was the score?  From memory, we were doing just fine with Tom Pope on the park.

Just to spell it out to the simpletons out there, the sending off changed the game. Simple as that.  Get over your disappointment, stop blaming the manager and look at the real reasons we lost the game.

16 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If we are 2-0 down next week after 55 mins against scunny and they get a man sent off would we expect to score 4 goals and win the game 

I agree, no I wouldn’t.

That’s one of the frustrating things. Some teams can somehow shut up shop and see games out. I know that as soon as that red card came out there was absolutely no way we’d get 3 points.

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

His job is to break up attacks - why shouldn’t he attempt the tackle. 

Yes dive in the middle of the pitch pointless and get sent off. To stop a goal , or to stop the chance of a goal I would agree. But to do what he did , only word crap. If you think he did ok up to you, but he cost us 3 points

If Conlon had a right foot we go 4-2 up with that glorious opportunity near the end. 

Swing your foot surely ?

I played 5-a-side poorly but would hit shots with both feet.

Some professional footballers even of a higher standard than Conlon are scared stiff to use their ' wrong foot ' 

It was a golden chance in the centre of the goal and he ended up at an acute angle and hit the side netting or the keeper saved it just because it had to be on his left peg

1 minute ago, Properman said:

Yes dive in the middle of the pitch pointless and get sent off. To stop a goal , or to stop the chance of a goal I would agree. But to do what he did , only word crap. If you think he did ok up to you, but he cost us 3 points

So he shouldn’t attempt a tackle to stop an attack?  I’m still not convinced it was a red mind. Nine times out of ten a ref would have given a yellow.

Also, to all the Askey haters, we had won that game with 10 men at 90 minutes. Tell me how he gave away two goals in that ridiculous 6 mins of added time?

Archived