onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Penaltly, corner and free kick. From open play we don't trouble teams at all. I get what your saying we've scored 3 today, but creating chances from open play and putting teams on the back foot? It just isn't happening.

Dodgy defending? Two of their goals shouldn’t have been.
not creating enough going forward? 7 in a week.

Advert

6 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

No joke and hate stoke with a passion. Another depressing outcome which some of you seem to come up with some g8 excuses (blame the ref etc ) please !!!!! 😂 when in reality we have a totally inept manager !!!!  

Make that five. 

5 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

It's ok to disagree, it's about opinions.  My initial reaction, without replays, was that he may well walk.   

I'm not convinced that it was a tackle that he needed to make.  From my perspective he gave the ref  a decision to make unnecessarily. 

Yes its fine, no issue.

The player is coming through the middle. Joyce is there to stop him but fairly. He was slow in the challenge. Player reactions didnt help but the ref was certainly ready with the red card

2 minutes ago, Properman said:

How stupid is that .(we lost without joyce on the pitch)It was his fault ,Red card. Watch the replay both feet off the ground. We wont win many games with ten men, to say we dont with Joyce on the pitch stupid. He was on the pitch at the time  his fault.

You’re missing my point, mate. I’m just pointing out that we don’t have a player who does the job he does. 

1 minute ago, connor hackett said:
10 minutes ago, Conrad said:
Dodgy defending? Two of their goals shouldn’t have been.
not creating enough going forward? 7 in a week.

Kings Lynn have the worst defence in the national league by a country mile, they've shipped another 5 today. Just saying.

Did they go out and defend 10 men behind the ball in desperate attempt to get a smash and grab result? 

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

You’re missing my point, mate. I’m just pointing out that we don’t have a player who does the job he does. 

Am I correct in saying the last 3 home games we’ve lost, Joyce hasn’t been on the pitch.

So, the summary:-

- They started much sharper than us, were better in midfield and we had a big let off when they hit the bar. We didn’t learn from letting them shoot from distance and it ultimately cost us.

- I don’t think ours was a penalty.

- A brilliant set-piece goal from Amoo.

- They obviously got to the ref at HT.

- Joyce made a stupid challenge and I can see why the ref gave it.

- Blatant foul on Pope for their 1st but bad defending. 

- Couldn’t see why he disallowed Vaughan’s goal if I’m honest.

- Thought Rodney really didn’t bully their CB’s enough and should have done better with the chance he snatched at.

- Ridiculous, needless challenge from Legge to give them a penalty, which again looked a bit soft.

- Another brilliant set-piece goal from Rodney. 

- Manny played well but we should have done better with a couple of opportunities on the break.

- Not idea where 6 mins of injury time came from.

- Really, really poor 3rd goal to concede, what was Smith’s header all about?? Knocked the stuffing out of us.

- Inevitable winner, which was a good strike but again we almost invited him to have a pop from distance.

- Left wondering why Askey never brought Brisley on, to run the clock down if nothing else.

All in all, despite being hampered by as abject a refereeing performance as I’ve seen, I also think we are authors of our own downfall to a certain extent. I’m loathe to criticise Legge but he did a couple of strange, uncharacteristic things that make me think he is due a rest.

It was much better than last week. We created a lot more and the finishing was decent. Even so, Blackett-Taylor, James Vaughan and Jay Spearing look well above anyone in our squad. 

Praise and grumble is a bit silly with some extreme views of getting Askey out ridiculous, even so he needs to show improvement because despite our league position, I just feel our performances are not as good as late last season. 

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Lets hope Askey knows more than you Jacko51 or we maybe in a mess for a few games.

I agree with you by the way. Spearing played that role well today and created more chances for his team. I often feel that Conlon should play that role. Lets see

Archived