onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

On 11/11/2020 at 18:46, boslemportvale91 said:

The problem is Askey plays the hoof ball against these big units at the back. The issue with starting Cullen is he barely gets a touch of the ball and just constantly chasing the ball until he is subbed same happened at Morecambe/Harrogate. Theo struggled against the same back four when Vale played them in the cup back in August. 

To me the Cullen issue is only away.

We have played well on numerous occasions with Cullen on his own in home games.

I agree with the previous poster that watching a Monthe/Pope lumpathon won't be fun 

Advert

Pope is ideal away to hold the ball up or if a home game is drifting with it not sticking but ideally get Cullen up front from the start for me.

Theo hasn’t really got going yet but think we’ve got to be prepared to go horses for courses at times rather than sticking the same XI after a win.

Expect a really tight game tomorrow. Think we will need to be at our best to get a win. We should revert back to our tried and trusted system rather than 2 upfront but hopefully JA has a bit more confidence in 442  to change it if needed and before the 80th minute!!!

I would go -: Brown,Clarke,Legge,Smith,Monty,Joyce,Conlon,Burges,Wozza,Cullen,Amoo

Subs Visser,Pope,Robinson,McKirdy,Manny,Crookes,Rodney

Surprised to see Crookes instead of Monty at left back but otherwise as expected. Good bench but would have thought Cullen would be a better bet against their giant centre halves. No better test for us after the debacle against KL.

Time to show up, lads - this will be a toughie against a team that's started to win under their stand in managers.

Wonder if Cullen will actually get changed into his strip ?  🤪

Wonder which side we will get today?  Can see Tranmere sitting back and go for the draw or snatching a win on a break.

Come on Vale.  3 points would be good today as we still have a game in hand as well.

I just hope we keep a tight reign on Vaughan Last time I saw him he scored a couple against us at Bury ! With out doubt a good player at this level. Just hope we are all at 100% as we cannot carry passengers. Would really like to do these come on you whites . 

Archived