onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G3 Port Vale v Liverpool U21

Fosse69

The last of the group games with £10,000 to the winners and the chance of higher stakes in the knock-out rounds. Liverpool U21 without a point so not in the running and the Vale virtually through, but a win needed for the money, to make sure and boost morale. Expect a few changes after our early cup exit and the need to stretch a few legs like Manny, Monty and Hurst in readiness for the visit from the team the other side of the Mersey at the weekend. Also with November`s key game against Newport later and possibly Scunny on the blank Saturday if they are free. Time to move on,  focus on our main objective and leave the King's to their glory.

Advert

defo could do with the win but do we make 9 or 10 changes like we have been doing after saturdays result do you keep it the same and say put it right or do you rest the team who have got results in the league, interesting decisions to make

brisley in for legge

robinson in for pope

manny in for joyce

hurst in for amoo

mckirdy in for worrall

could be alot more 

We went from LDV to Check a trade to Leasing.com and now we have Papa Johns as the sponsor name. 

Nothing more than a reserve league riddled with the Premier league filthy hands trying control everything with the stupid B team rule.

How much is the cash prize for this? Obviously money is important but if it wasn't for corona I don't think anyone would be sad if we lost this. 

Give Manny and Co a run out and do a professional job and get this sorry excuse of a tournament out the way so we can concentrate on the important stuff.

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

We went from LDV to Check a trade to Leasing.com and now we have Papa Johns as the sponsor name. 

Nothing more than a reserve league riddled with the Premier league filthy hands trying control everything with the stupid B team rule.

How much is the cash prize for this? Obviously money is important but if it wasn't for corona I don't think anyone would be sad if we lost this. 

Give Manny and Co a run out and do a professional job and get this sorry excuse of a tournament out the way so we can concentrate on the important stuff.

Spot on!Garbage competition nowadays and glad fans are boycotting it at last.🤔😂😂😂

Visser

Mills
Brisley
Crookes
Fitz/Monty

McKirdy
Whitehead/Burgess
Oyeleke
Hurst

Cullen
Rodney/Robinson

Something like that. I don’t think we’re crying out for 442 but would suit the major changes we are likely to make.

Not sure if those in isolation will be back for this, assume Rodney will be though.

Interesting one; good opportunity for players to stake a claim for Tranmere after that shower yesterday! I won’t be watching it though, might catch the second half on Radio Stoke.

I do wonder if our reserve XI could beat our team on Saturday. And that's part of the problem. I doubt we know our best XI.

Gibbons and Monty are equally good full backs. Brisley and Crookes in the middle aren't bad at all.

And who would say that the likes of Manny, McKirdy, Cullen, Rodney and Robinson are not necessarily any worse or better than what we put out yesterday.

These lads have a lot to play for. We desperately need more creativity and drive in the final third.

11 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I do wonder if our reserve XI could beat our team on Saturday. And that's part of the problem. I doubt we know our best XI.

Gibbons and Monty are equally good full backs. Brisley and Crookes in the middle aren't bad at all.

And who would say that the likes of Manny, McKirdy, Cullen, Rodney and Robinson are not necessarily any worse or better than what we put out yesterday.

These lads have a lot to play for. We desperately need more creativity and drive in the final third.

Which is precisely why JA should have made his subs much earlier yesterday to give them a chance of getting the shirt. 

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Is anyone paying to watch this game tonight? 

I'll probably be listening to the radio for this one.

I’m going to let my heart rule my head,  I’ll be paying to watch, the justification being the current financial situation.  My short term view being that the club will need every red cent. Under normal circumstances it’d be no thanks, for the obvious reasons.

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I’m going to let my heart rule my head,  I’ll be paying to watch, the justification being the current financial situation.  My short term view being that the club will need every red cent. Under normal circumstances it’d be no thanks, for the obvious reasons.

Very reasonable and noble choice. 

I just find myself not invested in these sort of games. 

No doubt I'll probably pay for the stream last minute again due to Guilt. 

Archived