onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New shop website

Jacko51

Advert

I believe they had to wait till the contract ran out on the old one before this one could become the single new club shop site. 

For those interested, there's the ability to download match programmes among a load of Port Vale merchandise (just in time for Xmas).

I believe they had to wait till the contract ran out on the old one before this one could become the single new club shop site. 
For those interested, there's the ability to download match programmes among a load of Port Vale merchandise (just in time for Xmas).
Visited shop today to collect my away shirt. Busy with stream of people in and out. All new shirts, away and 3rd strip were being sorted. Good to see fans keeping till ringing as the Club need our hard earned these days.

2 hours ago, onestepatatime said:
3 hours ago, robf said:

Visited shop today to collect my away shirt. Busy with stream of people in and out. All new shirts, away and 3rd strip were being sorted. Good to see fans keeping till ringing as the Club need our hard earned these days.

Did you notice if they had the yellow training shirts in stock?  They're on the website but are they physically on the shelves yet?

I know everybody has their own internet but If I google the search term "Port Vale Shop", the first three results are for the old website and the fourth one is the new one.

Just a thought but maybe there's a clever person out there who understands a bit about SEO and can offer them some pointers, perhaps some text at the bottom of the page?

If they redirect the old shop URL I think the search engine rankings will sort themselves out over time. 

You can't do too much SEO-wise otherwise as google has seen loads of traffic go to the old shop URL, which also has the words "Port Vale Shop" in its URL so it's going to perform really strongly at the moment and remain in a high placing until more traffic starts going to the new site.

So, for me the best thing they could do is redirect it. After a while of those redirects the Google bots will work out which one is the correct site.

20 hours ago, onestepatatime said:
23 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:
Did you notice if they had the yellow training shirts in stock?  They're on the website but are they physically on the shelves yet?

Sorry mate I didn't look! Well stocked out shop though with loads of shirts, coats, scarves etc etc. Drop the shop an email, they'll reply to you.

For anyone interested, they do currently have the yellow training tops in stock, but not on display.  The latter point is irrelevant now as, obviously, it’ll be online orders only until early December.  What I will say is that the T and the zip neck are both very nice in the flesh, and, like the rest of the clothing range, decent quality.  Dip your bread folks 👍

7 hours ago, robf said:

If they redirect the old shop URL I think the search engine rankings will sort themselves out over time. 

You can't do too much SEO-wise otherwise as google has seen loads of traffic go to the old shop URL, which also has the words "Port Vale Shop" in its URL so it's going to perform really strongly at the moment and remain in a high placing until more traffic starts going to the new site.

So, for me the best thing they could do is redirect it. After a while of those redirects the Google bots will work out which one is the correct site.

Fair enough, it's mildly interesting how these things work.

Back in August I couldn't remember the address of the new club shop website, and it took me a bit of time to find. It seems to be getting better.

Glad its getting sorted. I had a meeting with the club last time I was in the UK and offered to sort this for them but Norm didn't want the help!

Already bought a couple of items from the new one to show some support - super fast postage also! 

SEO - Can't they put the old shop offline? that will help the ranking move quicker!

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

My only issue is, I’m sure the players have “Port Vale FC” on the back rather than just a big errea logo? Certainly some of the jackets did? 

That's what has put me off buying many items now and in the past - the big Errea logo and wording plastered all over the back of tops. Having 'Port Vale FC' would look so much better.

2 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

That's what has put me off buying many items now and in the past - the big Errea logo and wording plastered all over the back of tops. Having 'Port Vale FC' would look so much better.

Don't let it put you off these training tops, they're really nice. 👌

Archived