onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

Fosse69

Was the pitch the problem not having a go at the groundsman it had taken a lot of water over the past few weeks drainage on clay not very good did the youth team play there game on the main pitch Wednesday so a roller could not be used to level the pitch properly look at the lumps of turf that came up in some of the challanges I know it was the same for both teams but you only need one chance.

Advert

Ah well the sun did come up this morning, as I knew it would. Personally there was no meltdown, just great disappointment in the level of that performance. We'd just won 3 on the spin and, I thought, played well, dealing with poor opponents professionally. (Cheltenham excluded from that.) Yesterday, we started slowly and seemed content to get into a lump it competition when we know we are better than that and we couldn't seem to shake off the lethargy.

Second half I was relatively convinced it was just going to be a matter of time as we pressed. Browny hadn't had to make a save all game yet I still had an ominous feeling. I think when Popey gave the ball away with that attempted cross that they broke with and should have scored then, tbh, I sensed what was going to happen.

The players have to hold their hands up for me...yes there could have been subs and I would like to have seen Cullen on for a tiring Pope at some stage.

I know we've had some pretty grim cup results but the last time I felt as frustrated as this was that defeat by Scarborough in was it 2004?

Oh well on to Tuesday and as a few have said I'd rather lose yesterday than in the League but oh Dear Lord yesterday smarts!

3 minutes ago, rsb said:

Was the pitch the problem not having a go at the groundsman it had taken a lot of water over the past few weeks drainage on clay not very good did the youth team play there game on the main pitch Wednesday so a roller could not be used to level the pitch properly look at the lumps of turf that came up in some of the challanges I know it was the same for both teams but you only need one chance.

I wondered that...it looked "slow" and cut up a bit and it did seem to slow the passing down. There were an awful lot of poor first touches as well. 

After a night’s sleep and reflection.
Brown - 6 - Little to do and no chance with the goal.
Defence.  Clark easily MoTM, with Smith decent also especially as he was carrying Legge today.  Crookes ok but offers little offensively.
Midfield - woeful.  How some can scream for 442 when we struggled to dominate the middle of the pitch with an extra man is beyond me.  What was the point of having Manny on the bench if you just leave them to perform like that!
Forwards - Amoo our only real attacking threat on the day, albeit Wozza unlucky to have his strike chalked off.  I note the long essays of last week about why Pope must start because defenders are frightened at the mere sight of his name on the team sheet are lacking this week.  Dominated start to finish by their centre backs who must have loved having such a static target.  Tom still has a role to play but it should be as an impact sub.  Yes I know he scored twice last week, but Southend kids with an 18 month losing streak should not be the benchmark.  We needed movement up top and had none.
Very disappointing- let’s hope we get a positive reaction
How dare you criticise tom pope for being dominated by 2 non league centre halves. He scored a lot of goals in a season a long time ago don't you know.

4 hours ago, Properman said:

Legge on a booking, and getting skinned. Manager should have got him off and put a forward on. They only threatened  now and again(against legge) . Sorry but as Akeys fault  I know most players were crap, but make subs instead of last 10 15 mins. Askey would send me sleep in dressing room, you only have to listen to him on the radio. Get someone who can motivate.

Get someone in who can motivate?? really....... i keep repeating myself but Askeys stats at Vale are more than decent

1 hour ago, rsb said:

If you are looking for excuses,what about the fact that we've had a weeks rest because of the Scunny cancellation?

For me personally I think we’re a far better side with Cullen up top at home and pope up top away. Has worked in the past, Cullen hasn’t gone from being a very good striker at this level to not worthy of getting 5 minutes in the space of a few weeks. Robinson is the one so far I’ve not been impressed with. 

32 minutes ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

I see folk are blaming certain individuals for the defeat .

I blame fate watch the game we played some good intricate stuff and lost ,it was written in the stars that we would lose yesterday ,why i have no idea but whatever we tried yesterday was not going result in a goal you have games like that and think WTF and the other team have a moment and oh no we are behind with only ten mins left then Mckirdy just has to pass the ball to Pope to take it to extra time but instead blazes wildly into side netting and that's it the rest of the game played out with Worrall off the pitch and no one creating owt .

MY MARKS 

Brown 6 nothing do 

Clark 9 loved his display at on another day scores twice 

Legge 6

Smith 7

Crookes 6

Worrall 7 had a few good attempts ,scored a perfectly good goal which the linesman wrongly put his flag up 

Burgess 7 passed the ball well I thought second half anonymous in first half 

Joyce 6

Amoo 8 linked well with Clark needs to work on his final ball after training each night this week before Tranmere ,he as a go though and was unlucky not score a few 

Pope 7 crowded out but one of the reasons we were so on top second half his ball inside for Conlon should have resulted in a goal first half and I feel we didnt put a good enough standard of ball into him 

Conlon 7 should have shot across the keeper first half and generally played well second half in my opinion 

Fate? Heard it all now. 

45 minutes ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

I see folk are blaming certain individuals for the defeat .

I blame fate watch the game we played some good intricate stuff and lost ,it was written in the stars that we would lose yesterday ,why i have no idea but whatever we tried yesterday was not going result in a goal you have games like that and think WTF and the other team have a moment and oh no we are behind with only ten mins left then Mckirdy just has to pass the ball to Pope to take it to extra time but instead blazes wildly into side netting and that's it the rest of the game played out with Worrall off the pitch and no one creating owt .

MY MARKS 

Brown 6 nothing do 

Clark 9 loved his display at on another day scores twice 

Legge 6

Smith 7

Crookes 6

Worrall 7 had a few good attempts ,scored a perfectly good goal which the linesman wrongly put his flag up 

Burgess 7 passed the ball well I thought second half anonymous in first half 

Joyce 6

Amoo 8 linked well with Clark needs to work on his final ball after training each night this week before Tranmere ,he as a go though and was unlucky not score a few 

Pope 7 crowded out but one of the reasons we were so on top second half his ball inside for Conlon should have resulted in a goal first half and I feel we didnt put a good enough standard of ball into him 

Conlon 7 should have shot across the keeper first half and generally played well second half in my opinion 

More 7’s than Len on Strictly.  I take it when we actually play well we get some 12’s out of 10?

Archived