onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The 442 brigade are out in force again.

Let’s hope Askey is wise enough to ignore it this time rather than serve up the dross that we got last time we played it.

Im not against 442, but we play 433, it suits us and on average we are a decent side when playing it. It should be used to try and changes games if plan A isn’t working and due to that he should have switched to it with 20 mins to go to give it a chance today.

Its very difficult though because before they scored we looked far more likely and they hit us with a smash and grab on the break.

There are more knee jerks on here than an Irish dancing festival! 

We don’t have a plan B. We stay 433 with the same 11 for almost the whole match regardless of the score or the opponent. 

Not sure where anyone has over reacted. It was <ovf censored>. It’s not good losing to a side like that who concede 3 goals a game and to see askey do what we’ve come to expect. 

Advert

Out of interest and I'm not being a tool here for the sake of it. 

What is Kevin's role at the Vale, umpteen posts, not just here , are Carol this Carol that , is he the monkey and she is the organ grinder so to speak ?

He never gets a mention considering they both saved the club 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Out of interest and I'm not being a tool here for the sake of it. 

What is Kevin's role at the Vale, umpteen posts, not just here , are Carol this Carol that , is he the monkey and she is the organ grinder so to speak ?

He never gets a mention considering they both saved the club 

He has stepped down from the board I believe to focus on Synectics.

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We don’t have a plan B. We stay 433 with the same 11 for almost the whole match regardless of the score or the opponent. 

Not sure where anyone has over reacted. It was <ovf censored>. It’s not good losing to a side like that who concede 3 goals a game and to see askey do what we’ve come to expect. 

Yeah none league sides rarely up their game in the first round of the FA cup do they? 

might as well not play the games... just do the maths and assign the victory.

Someone call Ronnie Radford and tell him it all means nothing!

Im agreeing with you on the plan B.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Is this a wind up post?

Very good away performance? 17 shots to 3? They were charmed!

And there is NO MONEY in this years FA Cup as there are no crowds!

They set out to  stop us scoring, 3  marking Amoo, 2 on Worral,  at 0-0 you always have a chance, which they took.  We had plenty of chances which lacked power, and shots that missed  the target.  We don`t seem to have a plan or the skill to cope with those tactics which will  cost us points in the future. A big disappointment, and lost the chance of TV money, 

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yeah none league sides rarely up their game in the first round of the FA cup do they? 

might as well not play the games... just do the maths and assign the victory.

Someone call Ronnie Radford and tell him it all means nothing!

Im agreeing with you on the plan B.

Yer I bet kings lynn really upped there game today played out of there skins in an empty vale park especially when there main aim is to stay in the national league 

37 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The 442 brigade are out in force again.

Let’s hope Askey is wise enough to ignore it this time rather than serve up the dross that we got last time we played it.

Im not against 442, but we play 433, it suits us and on average we are a decent side when playing it. It should be used to try and changes games if plan A isn’t working and due to that he should have switched to it with 20 mins to go to give it a chance today.

Its very difficult though because before they scored we looked far more likely and they hit us with a smash and grab on the break.

There are more knee jerks on here than an Irish dancing festival! 

I'm not an advocate of 442 with this squad because we simply don't have the players to make it work. Having said that, we played more like 424 against Carlisle leaving our midfield woefully exposed. The really big problem we have is that we can't score and it looks as if we have very few goals in the side. And it also looks as if the word has got around that if you defend deep, Vale have no answer, so set up to defend and, if you get one goal, you stand a good chance of winning.

This is our biggest problem by far with only, I think, 8 teams that have scored fewer goals. So if Askey continues to play 433, that's fine, but he has to find a way to set up clear chances and finish them. It's going to help on the chances side if we can get Manny back playing regularly but then we still have to put it in the net!

There's a long way to go - let's hope we don't see any more games like today.

You have to take your medicine on days like today if you want to enjoy giant killings like Everton and Spurs.

Part and parcel of the game. That's why the FA Cup is the greatest etc etc etc.

So fair play to King's Lynn and their 'colourful' owner.

11 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Yer I bet kings lynn really upped there game today played out of there skins in an empty vale park especially when there main aim is to stay in the national league 

So to be clear... the point you are making is that Kings Lynn, in the first round of the cup for the first time didn’t really care whether they won or lost and didn’t think it was a big occasion?

Forgive me if I think that’s a load of rubbish.

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

So to be clear... the point you are making is that Kings Lynn, in the first round of the cup for the first time didn’t really care whether they won or lost and didn’t think it was a big occasion?

Forgive me if I think that’s a load of rubbish.

I’m not saying they didn’t care the same as vale what I’m saying is they wouldn’t have lost any sleep last night with excitement at playing in the fa cup at an empty vale park . 

This board is on the verge of a meltdown tonight.

Shows the progress we have made. Most of the last decade we've been losing every week. We now have a manager, team and fans that are used to winning.

Ah well, when we've got over the disaster that it feels like, we'll be OK. Disappointing but to keep 2nd guessing the guy who has got us winning again is a little silly.

1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I’m not saying they didn’t care the same as vale what I’m saying is they wouldn’t have lost any sleep last night with excitement at playing in the fa cup at an empty vale park . 

Not played much football, have you?

Bit of an over reaction on here, as per normal when we lose. I’ve seen us play a lot worse than that.

First half we were very poor, I admit. However, second half we completely dominated. I thought we were in full control of the game and I could only see one winner. If we got a goal we would of ran out comfortable winners. We just seem to struggling getting ‘that’ goal in these types of games.

They scored against the run of play with pretty much their only chance. The disappointing thing was that we failed to react to them scoring and they saw the game out well.

Days like this happen. We now move on and concentrate on the league where we are on a great run of form and in a great position.

Let’s not bash Askey after one poor result. We had a good win last week and he picked the same 11 which performed well. He could of easily made changes for this and he still would have got moaned at.

Archived