onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

Fosse69

Advert

Is this a wind up post?
Very good away performance? 17 shots to 3? They were charmed!
And there is NO MONEY in this years FA Cup as there are no crowds!

I’m sure Carol would have welcomed the £17k on offer today, a lot of money in the current climate that would likely have made a big difference to the operation of the club.

Win what exactly? I don’t see us winning anything except the league 2 mid table mediocrity prize based on that. 
It's a good job that 1 performance in the fa cup doesn't decide our final league position then! Good God, talk about a prime example of taking 1 game in isolation and ignoring the rest, particularly the 3 immediately preceding it! Get a grip man (or woman, mustn't presume in this day and age).

17 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

I’m sure Carol would have welcomed the £17k on offer today, a lot of money in the current climate that would likely have made a big difference to the operation of the club.

I arent saying she wouldn't,i am saying its no great loss and its less than you would get with a cup run with fans in etc,at least we got 5k from losing,again luckily we arent desperate for the money but as you say any money does help but not a great loss

42 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

The attitude after the goal was absolutely diabolical though, lost all what we’d been doing to open them up and just poor.

Our reaction each time we have gone a goal down in games, except Cambridge game is the biggest thing which concerns me about our squad. We look beaten each time we concede a goal and don't know how to get back in a game - its a very worrying trend.

20 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Thought Smith did well also  considering he had to carry Legge today.

Legge's worst game for us today imo,he has looked sluggish in a few games but we have got through and those turns do scare me at times..he has been immense for us and no one can doubt that but maybe he needs a rest and at least we have a good stand in in brisley

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Legge's worst game for us today imo,he has looked sluggish in a few games but we have got through and those turns do scare me at times..he has been immense for us and no one can doubt that but maybe he needs a rest and at least we have a good stand in in brisley

Agreed. I thought a few players looked leggy and tired today which is a worry considering we didn't play Tuesday. 

I don't wanna slag Legge off because he gives everything and fights for every ball and can get a goal. Not to mention he is a decent bloke that does a lot to help others but he can be a bomb scare at times especially with those back passes and with his age you can't expect to play him every game. Same for Pope

45 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Sort of performance I thought had been banished with the Smurfwaite era. Utterly depressing and unacceptable to watch. 

Legge can’t get another contract, he was so slow and kept getting beaten for pace. Worrall was wasteful and sticking Pope up top on his own was simply a stupid idea from Ashley. 

This lot have been whipping boys quite often in non league and to not go with at least two strikers from the start is just not on. 

Overall I think this was one of those games where the players were actually let down by the boss. The set up was just too negative and we gave to be prepared to take the initiative. Askey needs to show faith in his players, not set them up for a close game against a mediocre non league team.  

This is the very definition of an unstable overreaction.

Legge has been a rock in the best defence in league 2 so far this season... one bad game against a rapid lad and he suddenly doesn’t deserve a contract.

Thank god you don’t make any major decisions over anything that affects my life 😂

The 442 brigade are out in force again.

Let’s hope Askey is wise enough to ignore it this time rather than serve up the dross that we got last time we played it.

Im not against 442, but we play 433, it suits us and on average we are a decent side when playing it. It should be used to try and changes games if plan A isn’t working and due to that he should have switched to it with 20 mins to go to give it a chance today.

Its very difficult though because before they scored we looked far more likely and they hit us with a smash and grab on the break.

There are more knee jerks on here than an Irish dancing festival! 

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This is the very definition of an unstable overreaction.

Legge has been a rock in the best defence in league 2 so far this season... one bad game against a rapid lad and he suddenly doesn’t deserve a contract.

Thank god you don’t make any major decisions over anything that affects my life 😂

Sorry think TJH called it correct

Archived