onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Nobody to blame but the players for this. Askey picked the team the vast majority of us would have picked, when other managers would have fielded a weakened team. Embarrassing performances from the senior players, notably legge, Joyce and pope. Playing 442 doesn't mean you're going to score, just like playing pope doesn't, contrary to popular belief. Crossing was woeful again today, back to the bad old days.

But we know this squad and manager has what it takes to win, so no need for the meltdown comments of the minority.

Win what exactly? I don’t see us winning anything except the league 2 mid table mediocrity prize based on that. 

Advert

6 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:
22 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:
Are those players the same that nearly for us relegated 2 years running until Askey came in?
Joke of a post.

I'm not knee jerking. I'm not calling for anyones head....BUT. That's the worst game Legge has had for ages. Joyce couldn't pass wind today, let alone pass to one of his own players. Conlon should take up tap dancing, he was tippy happy all match. Wozza must hate Dracula as he couldn't cross anything today.Tom was seriously attempting to resemble a cart horse, he couldn't get slower if he tried. I could go on I'm that depressed at such an inadequate, disgraceful display. Thank God we have Clarke, a total breath of fresh air in a stinking cess pot of a day for Vale. I'll end my tirade before I start on Askey by saying well done K L. Enjoy your trip home, cash in the bank and a look forward to round 2. Oh what a pain in the back end it is following Vale for years and years. I ought to know better!

I don’t want to knee but here I go with a knee jerk rant. Brilliant 😀 We don’t have clarke though do we, he isn’t our player and IMO no one comes out of it with credit, it’s a team game and as a team we didn’t do enough all over. 

Very good away performance from Kings Lynn, they looked much better than their level.

Legge couldn’t cope with Powers speed, Crooks looked a little below their level, Joyce wasn’t able to dictate play the way he usually does and Worrall blew hot and cold... mostly cold. Clarke and Amoo were so much better than others they became a predictable outlet and Pope was well marshalled. More than a couple of their lads put in league standard performances. 
Bad day at the office, I’ll be the first to say it: oh well at least we can concentrate on the league now!

A bit more money would have been handy in the extreme, mind.

46 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, their game plan was better conceived, better prepared and better executed. And we couldn't match it. Did we even have them watched? Or did we just take them for granted? Whatever happened, it didn't work.

You know what Bill....I don't even think they were that good. I thought in the end they deserved to win but basically because we were so bad. They grew into the game after we had played like a Sunday morning pub team for the first half, and that's being unkind to a pub team. I've never seen Joyce misplace so many passes. We upped it second half but looked clueless in how to score....loop it into the box and Tom will do his stuff except he couldn't. That meant we were always susceptible to one chance, it came, as you'd expect, and it's in and we're out with another embarrassing cup defeat.

Good luck to them in the next round but Kerrrrrist we were bad. i don't exonerate JA from that but the standards we set ourselves and slipped to on the pitch were purely the players fault. NO-ONE took responsibility, everyone looked at each other and left it to someone else.......Gor blimey that result/performance has got to me. I really thought we'd have been professional enough to see them off.

Off to climb inside a bottle or two of red wine!

26 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Are those players the same that nearly for us relegated 2 years running until Askey came in?

Joke of a post.

More fool Askey for giving so many proven losers contracts I’d say, if it is the manager exceeding the ability of the players.

I don’t think today was about that. We played well below our potential due to his negative tactics and walking football tempo. 

3 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Very good away performance from Kings Lynn, they looked much better than their level.

Legge couldn’t cope with Powers speed, Crooks looked a little below their level, Joyce wasn’t able to dictate play the way he usually does and Worrall blew hot and cold... mostly cold. Clarke and Amoo were so much better than others they became a predictable outlet and Pope was well marshalled. More than a couple of their lads put in league standard performances. 
Bad day at the office, I’ll be the first to say it: oh well at least we can concentrate on the league now!

A bit more money would have been handy in the extreme, mind.

Is this a wind up post?

Very good away performance? 17 shots to 3? They were charmed!

And there is NO MONEY in this years FA Cup as there are no crowds!

Really poor game for Vale but not one i will lose sleep over after winning the last 3 league games,we would be having no big day outs this season anyway,i would of hated draw stoke or tottenham,liverpool and the like at some point and not be able to go,also the money on offer in the current climate isnt the same,so no loss for me.

I think we would all take promotion instead,onwards and upwards you win some you lose some

Archived