onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R1 Port Vale v King`s Lynn Town

Fosse69

Advert

56 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It is rights restrictions or something. A bit strange as it is not on any Dutch TV.  It is just stupid at the end of day. If they don't allow me to pay my money, they don't get it. Lose lose situation. 

I'm here prepared to pay my money to watch the game. Not possible.

• Separate Ifollow account
  • UK credit card
  • VPN

Won't that work?

45 minutes ago, Santa said:
  • UK credit card
  • VPN

Won't that work?

No UK credit card.  To be honest Santa, if I have to have a right mither about it just don't bother. It is really hard to understand why you can't just do it legit. I'd pay my tenner. But apparently not. To stress, this is for Johnny foreigner. Should be fine for you all.

55 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Can we all please remember the apostrophe in King’s?  I don’t want the Punctuation Police putting a curse on us on Saturday! 🤣

How many have they got? King's or Kings'?  Being down South I would have thought Kings'?

59 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Santa said:
  • UK credit card
  • VPN
Won't that work?

I've little doubt it would but nobody who simply wants to watch (and, indeed, pay) for a game should really have to go through all that palaver just because they live abroad

Fair enough. It's no wonder people end up watching these things on the íptv sticks and that.

12 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Have they or anyone explained the reasoning? Is it conditions out of their control like the FA , BT, BBC etc

There are different international broadcast agreements for the FA cup which predate iFollow. They can't show games live because it falls under FA agreements of international exclusivity rather than EFL international agreements for live games. But it is annoying if you live abroad!

11 hours ago, toyahw said:

Didn't. Not covered. Same as League Cup games. Except the Citeh game which was on Dutch TV. But that was in the days when you could not get ifollow in the UK either. Seems a bit mean. Please remember us expats are mainly people working abroad. Not on some kind of jolly.

Not sure as expats we get too much sympathy from the man in the street ... certainly in my case I get paid a lot more and pay a lot less tax than I would in the UK 🤔

17 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Sorted in the thread title.  These Southern teams tend to be a bit posh.

Crikey, Fosse - you'd better be careful saying that around any KL supporters you meet. They are definitely in the East of England and not that far south. Even in Cambridge, as I've found to my cost, they do not like to be called southerners even though they're only 60 miles or so from London. They def see themselves as in the East - Civil War and all that where the Roundheads had their HQ. All a matter of perception I suppose!

48 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Crikey, Fosse - you'd better be careful saying that around any KL supporters you meet. They are definitely in the East of England and not that far south. Even in Cambridge, as I've found to my cost, they do not like to be called southerners even though they're only 60 miles or so from London. They def see themselves as in the East - Civil War and all that where the Roundheads had their HQ. All a matter of perception I suppose. 

Thanks for that, try to remember in future.  Of course they are Nor folk not Suf folk.  To me South begins at Milton Keynes although the Vale played in the 3rd South once upon a time.

Hoping for a professional performance from our strongest eleven for this one. Don’t see any reason to change a winning team, so I’d go with the following.

Brown

Clarke  Smith Legge Crookes

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Amoo  Pope  Worrall

We can use Tuesday’s game to give the fringe players a run out, and keep the lads fresh for a big game against Tranmere.

Hopefully we can get an early goal in this one and get through unscathed. Keep going lads. UTV. 

On 03/11/2020 at 14:28, CambridgeDon said:

Crikey, Fosse - you'd better be careful saying that around any KL supporters you meet. They are definitely in the East of England and not that far south. Even in Cambridge, as I've found to my cost, they do not like to be called southerners even though they're only 60 miles or so from London. They def see themselves as in the East - Civil War and all that where the Roundheads had their HQ. All a matter of perception I suppose!

More than that, King’s Lynn is not posh. It is a pretty rough place and further North than Leicester! 

5 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Hoping for a professional performance from our strongest eleven for this one. Don’t see any reason to change a winning team, so I’d go with the following.

Brown

Clarke  Smith Legge Crookes

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Amoo  Pope  Worrall

We can use Tuesday’s game to give the fringe players a run out, and keep the lads fresh for a big game against Tranmere.

Hopefully we can get an early goal in this one and get through unscathed. Keep going lads. UTV. 

Exactly we need a focused professional performance ! Don’t think we can just turn up and win! Because it wont happen ! We need to be up for it and at 100% all eleven ! Come on you whites we could be playing Man city again ! 

Archived