Labour responsible for unlawful acts of discrimination

Not my words. (I mean they were my words previously, but today its the EHRC's turn, reported by the guardian):

UK politics live: Labour responsible for unlawful acts of discrimination and harassment, EHRC antisemitism report finds

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/oct/29/uk-politics-live-ehrc-to-publish-report-into-labour-and-antisemitism

Thought it deserved it's own thread considering we have one for the tories sitting next to some people who hold 'anti-immigration' views.

Edited by Regal Beagle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be really disappointed they need to have lived through a Labour goverment?

Thank goodness for new management. “It is encouraging to see the Party’s new leadership has committed to implementing our recommendations in full.“

Tories forever more is a frightening prospect. 

Starmer has talked a very good game so far and backed it up when he sacked RLB from the cabinet. 

I can't really see how Corbyn et al can remain in the labour party now. thoroughly destroyed. Maybe they can convince him to resign the whip although he doesn't strike me as someone who will take a bullet like that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Thank goodness for new management.

“It is encouraging to see the Party’s new leadership has committed to implementing our recommendations in full.“

Indeed. I don’t actually remember more than one person on here supporting Corbyn on this. Well done Starmer. 

Doesn't make for good reading at all. Shameful and completely unacceptable.

Let's hope that Starmer and his new broom can sweep clean and reset Labour's stance.

I'm sure they are pleased that this news report has been overshadowed today to some extent by the terrible events in Nice.

Lovely to read a thread of people acknowledging the mistakes and applauding the new regime for making the changes.

So much nicer that just reading a bunch of Johnson teat suckling Tories Defend his ineptitude, insist he is perfect in every way and try to shift the blame when Conservative mistakes are raised.

Great thread RB, thanks for starting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Lord jaw jaw? 🤣

Will they move him up?

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Lord jaw jaw? 🤣

Will they move him up?

Doubt it,they might move him on, because he's obviously incapable of even doing a u-turn after Sunday's events in Kentish Town?

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Indeed. I don’t actually remember more than one person on here supporting Corbyn on this. Well done Starmer. 

I supported Jeremy Corbyn and still do. His suspension is an absolute disgrace and once I've voted in the internal election tonight, I'm leaving the party along with many thousands of other decent left-wingers who can see through this BS. We now have a party which forces it's MPs to abstain on legislation that turns a blind eye to torture yet suspends a lifelong anti-racist campaigner to appease those seeking to gain political advantage through politicising something as vile as anti-semitism. I said all along, this wasn't about AS, it was about destroying Jeremy Corbyn and ensuring that the establishment and vested interests are protected. Solidarity with Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1321809101970644993?s=20

9 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I supported Jeremy Corbyn and still do. His suspension is an absolute disgrace and once I've voted in the internal election tonight, I'm leaving the party along with many thousands of other decent left-wingers who can see through this BS. We now have a party which forces it's MPs to abstain on legislation that turns a blind eye to torture yet suspends a lifelong anti-racist campaigner to appease those seeking to gain political advantage through politicising something as vile as anti-semitism. I said all along, this wasn't about AS, it was about destroying Jeremy Corbyn and ensuring that the establishment and vested interests are protected. Solidarity with Jeremy Corbyn.

Oh dear......

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Corbyn left the Labour Party ages ago when he spent years voting against its leadership from the back benches. 

With respect, that's ridiculous. The leadership is no more the Labour Party than any other member. If Corbyn (or any other Labour MP) felt they had to vote against the leadership, then that is down to them. I would actually argue that a man prepared to vote against the leadership and vote against things like the Welfare Bill and the war in Iraq is staying truer to the party then any leader who whips MPs to support them.

The problem is that a Labour Party under Corbyn was unelectable. So it didn’t matter how principled he might be he was never going to be in a position to implement those ideals.  He couldn’t beat May when she was loathed by numbers in her own party and he could beat Johnson - the most dishonest and disreputable politician of his generation. Corbyn was made for opposition - is that what you really wanted?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1