Match Thread: Southend United v Port Vale

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So our leading scorer has scored twice and narrowly missed a hat-trick, we are bossing the game, and about to go 5th in the league with 3 wins on the bounce after a tricky away game at the bottom team

My birthday too. All the best👍

A pleasing result, a professional team performance, a win on the road and a clean sheet. It would have been easy to slip up and be complacent; although Southend are on a wretched run, even a blin

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

I genuinely think you have anger issues... just relax and enjoy the win. How is this bothering you enough to comment when the vale are winning?

Reassess your priorities 👍

??

where’s the anger? Delighted with a win? I hate the mentality of some on this form who seem to enjoy belittling other fans. Your also commenting? 

My priorities are fine. get off your high horse and stop being so condescending. 

• Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

??

where’s the anger? Delighted with a win? I hate the mentality of some on this form who seem to enjoy belittling other fans. Your also commenting? 

My priorities are fine. get off your high horse and stop being so condescending. 

I hate the mentality of some fans who just have a go at a player over and over and over again.

I find it funny when that player plays really well.

Pope this week and Worrall last time who was being berated by some joker cough cough.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 4

So our leading scorer has scored twice and narrowly missed a hat-trick, we are bossing the game, and about to go 5th in the league with 3 wins on the bounce after a tricky away game at the bottom team, and we still find something to snipe about?  Come on guys, have a beer, kick back, relax, and remember we are all Vale.  We all have our own favourites, but as long as we are winning, let's just kiss and make up eh?  UTV.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Just now, PV1973 said:

They were truly a terrible side. Credit to us for making sure we don’t slip up and we put in a professional performance that could have seen us score more. 

The one disappointment is I felt we could have gone for the jugular in the last 20 minutes. I think we could have got 2 or 3 more. Goal difference may prove important in a close league. They are by some way the weakest side we've played. Some nice ball players but ultimately they look like a bunch of young boys playing against men.

6 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

So our leading scorer has scored twice and narrowly missed a hat-trick, we are bossing the game, and about to go 5th in the league with 3 wins on the bounce after a tricky away game at the bottom team, and we still find something to snipe about?  Come on guys, have a beer, kick back, relax, and remember we are all Vale.  We all have our own favourites, but as long as we are winning, let's just kiss and make up eh?  UTV.

And, of course, the Askey doubters who were so concerned with us "plummeting" down the League, will be silent for another couple of days, or so! Theo has had the same kind of stick that Pope occasionally gets, as has Worrall and even Conlon. Let's not go over the top on criticisms, people...because when things turn around, your over-critical posts just make you look stupid!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JRC said:

The one disappointment is I felt we could have gone for the jugular in the last 20 minutes. I think we could have got 2 or 3 more. Goal difference may prove important in a close league. They are by some way the weakest side we've played. Some nice ball players but ultimately they look like a bunch of young boys playing against men.

They just looked like a team going through the motions and based on that they look doomed. 

Advert:

Tricky game but in the end we ran out comfortable winners. Best of all, The Pontiff is Back and unlucky not to have scored a hat trick. Great centre forward display and for me he was deservedly MOM.

Full week's rest now and then on to the FA Cup with the chance to make Carol's finance director a bit more happy. 

Well done, JA and the lads.

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

And, of course, the Askey doubters who were so concerned with us "plummeting" down the League, will be silent for another couple of days, or so! Theo has had the same kind of stick that Pope occasionally gets, as has Worrall and even Conlon. Let's not go over the top on criticisms, people...because when things turn around, your over-critical posts just make you look stupid!!!

Shut up you fanny.