Match Thread: Southend United v Port Vale

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So our leading scorer has scored twice and narrowly missed a hat-trick, we are bossing the game, and about to go 5th in the league with 3 wins on the bounce after a tricky away game at the bottom team

My birthday too. All the best👍

A pleasing result, a professional team performance, a win on the road and a clean sheet. It would have been easy to slip up and be complacent; although Southend are on a wretched run, even a blin

33 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Nice that Mr Bowers liked your post despite it being wrong he really has issues with me 

This thread is about the Southend match. 

Please keep this on topic.

Thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We now have 10 different League scorers. Contrast with Cambridge who only have 5. If Mullin gets injured they’re knackered. 

That's really great and makes it harder for the opposition to stop one player. Call me old school Jacko but I do love having a 20 goal striker to hero worship.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We now have 10 different League scorers. Contrast with Cambridge who only have 5. If Mullin gets injured they’re knackered. 

I was thinking the same thing. Last week in the post-match opinion piece I was mentioning how we've had "non-strikers" score the goals in two wins. Considering that Burgess/Conlon have only got one so far and could be good for double figures between them there's plenty of goals in this side.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

i think closing the game out is the biggest improvement on last season.

Yes I agree last season only felt happy when we were two goals up with two minuets left! Now you see that bit more of a professional  approach keeping the ball closing down  quickly all over the pitch, staying in the opposition corners! All very good to see ! Onwards and upwards !  

1 hour ago, robf said:

I was thinking the same thing. Last week in the post-match opinion piece I was mentioning how we've had "non-strikers" score the goals in two wins. Considering that Burgess/Conlon have only got one so far and could be good for double figures between them there's plenty of goals in this side.

Lets hope so Rob estimate we need 70 plus goals for automatic promotion.

3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

That's really great and makes it harder for the opposition to stop one player. Call me old school Jacko but I do love having a 20 goal striker to hero worship.

Nowt wrong with a 20 goal striker but we have 9 other blokes helping him!!

• Like 1

Having just watched the replay of the goals Pope had a bit to do on his first, from the behind the goal it looks a lot tighter gap to squeeze the ball between keeper and post than it did in the camera view from the stand.  The second was a lovely move from start to finish, a thing of great beauty. 😍

• Like 4

FYI I have recieved confirmation of a refund for Saturdays match from IFollow after they decided to turn the stream off at 3pm.

Not sure if anyone else has tried but I hadn't seen an official comms on this one so worth messaging them via email.

17 hours ago, Walter said:

FYI I have recieved confirmation of a refund for Saturdays match from IFollow after they decided to turn the stream off at 3pm.

Not sure if anyone else has tried but I hadn't seen an official comms on this one so worth messaging them via email.

Did your Stream not come back on?