onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Southend United v Port Vale

Fosse69

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

These are usually the type of games I dread.

Thoroughly professional and focused performance from us today. Excellent!

Yes, it's normally the Port Vale Benevolent Club that turns up and lies down for an opposition team in need of a few points - but not today! 😀

Advert

I am going to be slightly controversial. Three wins on the trot is is brilliant but I do not think we have quite clicked yet this season. We are grinding out results which is a good but I think there is so much more to come from this squad.
Not controversial at all mate. I, too feel we are not firing on all cylinders yet, by quite a margin. However we are building up a hefty points total. Other teams take note, Vale are slowly galvanising into a fully believable promotion squad. Once all players are fit, we will surely make this a season to remember....for the correct reasons.

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

On reflection, what a cross from Worrall for the first. A better/braver keeper might have come out to claim it but it was flashed across perfectly. 

Good work for both goals really. Their defending wasn't great but they were under so much pressure they had to crack eventually. Decent effort from Vale for me. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

So 10 games is when we should look at the table and see if we have made progress or not from last season.

We have 6 points more than last season and are on the same points as Cheltenham in the last promotion place. 

Keep it up lads!

Also beaten  2 of the 4 above us in that spell.

Great all round performance, special mentions though to Pope for his 2 goals, should have had his deserved hat trick. Superb game from Crooks I thought he was excellent today!

The midfield 3 played well, I do though get frustrated by their lack of composure at times, Misplaced passes and poor touches, but it all can’t be perfect and they all have amazing energy!

Amoo wanted a rest after about 70 mins, completely ran out of steam, he’s must not train too hard during the week...

One ask of Mr Legge, don’t dwell on the ball too much, the last 3 games he’s been caught a few times, namely of his own doing, against better teams we’ll get punished.

So great to see the boys up level pegging with 3rd place, carrying on where we left off from last season.

Rest up and we go again, I do worry we’ll see more Covid cases this next week in the team.

Wishing the lads well though and Pope clearly MOTM!

13 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

I am going to be slightly controversial. Three wins on the trot is is brilliant but I do not think we have quite clicked yet this season. We are grinding out results which is a good but I think there is so much more to come from this squad.

I totally agree, I think we can play much better. Despite what baggers was saying on the commentary yesterday I don’t think the Clark / Amoo combination has clicked like it did last year with Gibbo / Amoo (or Worrall). I think Clark was linking better last season too with Worrral on the left. I don’t think our midfield 3 are linking as well with those full backs and wingers either. So I’m a firm believe that we can get much better as an attacking force. That’s a good sign as well considering what points we have at this stage. Also bear in mind we still have Manny, Gibbo, McKirdy coming back from injury. (3 proven players at this level). On top of that we also have Robinson  Monty and Cullen who on their day can make a difference as well. The signs are good.

Archived