onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Fosse69

Advert

Don’t not think Robinson is one of our better players at all. I’d actaully say he’s the weakest of our strikers. 

After 55 mins I thought his legs had gone, these games coming thick and fast really show just how fit some players are, Robo seems to be well short for this run of games.

I thought Pope did well in his hold up play, but really looks to have lost his legs, runs like he’s in treacle... but does a job, thought he could’ve scored 2 tonight after coming on.

Burgess, the lad has unbounded energy, Conlan and Worral the same tonight, great to see...

Not sure why Amoo changes from game to game, he goes from having the confidence to run and take players on, to cutting back inside and pass back... Askey really needs to just tell him get to the byline!

The defence without Monty for me will be better, showed that after he went off - wish him a speedy recovery though. It gives Amoo and Particularly Worral more license to stay forward.

Onward and upwards, smith and Legge awesome again!

The reason why its so frustrating watching vale is because we are more than good enough to beat any team in this league and why it takes 55 minutes to start playing is reallt annoying, a great result non the less and hopefully we can get a run going. Theo doesnt look up to starting to me offers very little pope changed the game when he came on. And my man worrall what a performance been saying how good he is for weeks 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 In all seriousness he showed the player he was last season from 55 mins onwards hopefully he will regain form again now - because pst two seasons hes been our best player. Perfomances up to tonight have been woeful so hopefully a turning point for him. UTV

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought he was at fault for the goal tonight. I much prefer Monty there adds goals and attacking play to the side. 

Fitz got caught ball watching but I don't think he'd have won that battle anyway.  The dream would be Gibbo at RB, Clarke at LB.  I prefer Clarke on the right but, if Gibbo were fit to play RB, of the potential LB's I'd choose Clarke.  I don't think Monty scored from full back last season.

The reason why its so frustrating watching vale is because we are more than good enough to beat any team in this league and why it takes 55 minutes to start playing 

No we are notWhat makes you think so? We cranked it up second half after 55 and got the result. 

2 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Who's the commentator? He doesn't seem to be able to speak properly, pronounce words or choose the correct words to reflect what's going on. Parry instead of punch as an example. Bit of an issue given what the role involves! 

He's better than the <ovf censored> ifollow though! 

He was t0ss wasn't he.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Be great if we could go one game without someone slagging off a commentator. 

Does it really matter? Let them live. I thought the lad today was fine.

Completely agree. 

Gayle is a freelance broadcaster. Considering it was his first time covering Vale, I’d say he did pretty well. 

The thing is we are a club coming back from the back of oblivion. Everyone wants a return to the Glory days under JR. That is not going to happen.  Small steps.  Regain some respect move on up.  That will do for me.  Take some pleasure watching the games.  Vale are our club. And our win today gives us more pleasure than any fake Prem fan could ever imagine.  We are Vale because we love Vale. It is our family. It is our heritage.  

And we really care.

16 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Completely agree. 

Gayle is a freelance broadcaster. Considering it was his first time covering Vale, I’d say he did pretty well. 

It's normally Bowers folk are slagging off.  Listening to Gayle just reinforced my belief that PB ain't as bad as some folk would have us believe.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It's normally Bowers folk are slagging off.  Listening to Gayle just reinforced my belief that PB ain't as bad as some folk would have us believe.

I’ve never understood why people slag Bowers off? He does his job well. He’s a Vale fan and passionate. What more do people want? 

Archived