onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, The French Connection said:
1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:
Cambridge winning again away at Saddlers - by a peno, surprise, surprise.

BBC Report : "Hannant draws a foul in the penalty area". (again)

Then they get another for hand ball. Think that's four or five now. They're becoming the peno kings of L2.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Still yet to understand what worrall is bringing to this team 

Thank god JA does. Some people can’t see the wood for the trees. All players have a dip in form, even premiership ones. Let’s not be so quick to knock them.

Brilliant t result against a side very good away from home.
Some posters have made themselves look a little daft tonight.
Nice and calm vale, keep improving And picking up results.
Worall seems to prefer the left wing and Amoo coming back has allowed hint to move across.
Amoo will keep building on his performances as he gains match fitness.
UTV!!
Double celebrations today IC

I would have taken a draw not only before the game but also during long periods of it

A few ropey moments defensively early in both halves but once we conceded there was only one team in it.

We managed the game excellently, particularly in the later stages. It was Scott Burgess' best game in ages.

Disappointed with Theo, I thought tonight was his chance to grab the shirt with both hands and he didn't take it.

Delighted with 3 points, and credit to the lads for fighting back after going a goal behind. Legge’s superb header should not be underestimated, a great leap and placement, and got us back into the game. Worrall looks a different player on the left, has that unpredictability of cutting inside, and is more of a goal threat on his right foot. 

Not Theo’s night, but I’m not writing him off as he has been decent in the last few games. It was made for Pope to come on, and he duly delivered. Held the ball up well, put pressure on their back line and nearly got a goal. It’s great to have that option, and probably won us the game tonight. 

I thought composure on the ball let us down first and we are still panicky in the final third, but at least we are now creating chances. 

7th after 9 games and hopefully more to come. Happy Vale tonight 😊

A game of two halves would probably be the best way to describe that! 

I thought we were really poor in the first half. A combination of sloppy passes, poor defending and zero outlet up top, all led to a very flat and uninspiring performance. If it wasn’t for Brown, we could have easily been 2 or 3 down. Credit to Scott, he produced yet another world class save. Cheltenham looked decent for a small period of that first half, but they didn’t take their chances. 

Their goal was avoidable, Amoo didn’t track his runner and left us exposed. Fitz was beaten fairly easily, but he had a good game overall. The goal was a kick up the arse for us and Legge did well to plant his header into the corner to draw us level. We grew in confidence following the equaliser and played some good football. It was a great goal by Wozza to put us ahead. The second half was much, much better. We passed the ball much better, pressed them well and attacked with more intent. Pope coming on really changed the complexion of the game, he did well by holding ball up and bringing others into the game. 

We probably deserved the win after the second half performance. Cheltenham will probably feel a bit p*ssed off, but they need to take their chances. They are a good side and will definitely be up there come the end of the season. 

As I mentioned above, Brown produced another world class save. He was superb again tonight. He seems to have been working on his distribution because it’s been much better recently. 

Hats off to Burgess, he had a fantastic game. He ran his socks off and got the better of their midfield. He’s finally looking like the player we saw last year. 

MOM - David Worrall. Form is temporary, class is permanent. He became a scapegoat for many after a few below bar performances, but he’s certainly back to his best. He was outstanding tonight! 

Onto Saturday against a side who haven’t won all season. What could possibly go wrong? 

Great result with some big performances from Worrall burgess Conlon brown Fitzpatrick and smith in particular. They are a good side and had some very good chances, but then again so did we in that second half.  We all got carried away last Saturday with some individual performances, but tonight some of those players didn’t deliver as well. Attacking wise our fullbacks and wingers hardly had a touch together, especially our right hand side. On the left Worrall was doing it all with his own endeavours, whilst in the midfield I thought it was burgess and Conlon driving us on. So despite an excellent win there’s still plenty to work on, we can play better I think and surely thats a good sign if we believe there’s more to come. I’m also not sure that Askey has sorted the striker issue yet either. 

38 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

There was a thread running stating Askey was a game away from being under real pressure.

There were many more posts about Worrall needing to be dropped. He has always needed 5 or so games to get into his stride. Proven once again with 2 great performances, Saturday and tonight. Burgess another who is now finding his Rhythm who was to be banished.

Great passionate performance by the players who bought us to the edge of success last year. Further to that, better back up players than we had last year. Fitzpatrick a clear example of what we now have in reserve and much improved on last year.

UTV

Spot on!46 games in a season 🤔

It was not pretty for sure. But that is the kind of game you need to win to be at the sharp end of the season. Has the Amoo bashing already started? And Theo?

Give it a rest please.  They are two of our better players.

Pope showed what he still has to offer when he came one.

Smithy was Smithy. Unsung hero.

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

I think we look more solid with Fitzpatrick at left back than with Monty

And Fitzpatrick did push forward at times as well

Sure, he's done fine for us. Good signing. Prefer Monty. But Monty is not going to play 46 games a season. He's done well for me.

16 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It was not pretty for sure. But that is the kind of game you need to win to be at the sharp end of the season. Has the Amoo bashing already started? And Theo?

Give it a rest please.  They are two of our better players.

Pope showed what he still has to offer when he came one.

Smithy was Smithy. Unsung hero.

Don’t not think Robinson is one of our better players at all. I’d actaully say he’s the weakest of our strikers. 

Archived