onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Fosse69

Advert

Better in the second half.

We do give the ball away easily at times, Joyce notably, but it was a big effort from the likes of Burgess and Worrall, who both did really well and worked hard. Clark too showed tremendous energy.

They're a good team. A really good three points.

Robinson is a come off the bench player. Pope or Cullen need to be starting every game. Anyway, good win in the end against difficult opposition. Again I felt like we didn't really play for one half, but this time we were better in the second half than the first whereas it's normally the other way around. Dare I say had Pope been on from the start we might have done much better in the first half, but as it was his introduction helped us over the line. I still think we're playing nowhere near to out full potential and haven't really done all season yet, but considering where we'll now be in the league that can only be a good thing. Much better from Worrall in the last two games too. 😍

Go on, big John! 🙌

Great win. Delighted with that especially at half time. 

First half nowhere near at it - saved again by brown, very lucky to have him and is winning points by himself for us. Started 2nd really poorly with some awful defending from Fitzpatrick (I think). That seemed to wake us and were really strong after that and could / should have had another. Really good win against a good side, they looked s better side to me than the likes or Carlisle and Harrogate. 

Shame about Monty, another injury prone player of which we have too many. Burgess was really good and just makes it even more baffling that whitehead was starting matches. We looked better when pope came on as well (missed a very good chance) but we looked better. I wanted him or Cullen to start tonight. Cullen scores lots at home and pope scores a lot against Cheltenham. Robinson shouldn’t be starting games, no chance, thought he was awful in his first vale spell and think he’s been pretty poor so far in this spell  

Great win. Shame about Monty. 

Great 2nd half, it just seemed a much more open game. It was as if we decided to use the full length of the pitch and the flanks, which helped Worrall no end. In the first half we seemed too compact and unwilling to play with much width. A worthy win. Pope looked a handful and did much more than Robinson who seemed to hope the ball would just drop to his feet half the time. 

Well done, JA and the lads! Thought we were in trouble when they scored but it just spurred us on and we controlled the game for the rest of the half. A great team effort with some excellent performances from individual players - too many to list but a special mention to the undeniable MOM, Wozza! 

7th now and two points off the automatic places.

On to Southend!

I switched on just as Worrall was about to pull the trigger so can’t really comment on what went before. But I thought we played very well from what I saw. Ok a couple of nervy moments when that sub winger if there’s started running at us and the ball pinging around the box but otherwise saw the game out pretty well. Thought Burgess, Conlon and Worrall were good, but what a difference having Pope on, bullied their defenders into some nervous play and really unlucky not to finish what was actually a fantastic flowing move. 

I hope we can follow it up vs Southend and then a much needed week off. Well done lads and Askey for a more sensibly timed change.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Well done, JA and the lads! Thought we were in trouble when they scored but it just spurred us on and we controlled the game for the rest of the half. A great team effort with some excellent performances from individual players - too many to list but a special mention to the undeniable MOM, Wozza! 

7th now and two points off the automatic places.

On to Southend!

possibly on to Southend ..................... they are in court tomorrow with a £500k debt to pay and could be liquidated. If we do play them, theyve not won a single game and have 2 points from 27. 

Archived