Kicked me out of the ipad stream just as Cheltenham were taking a corner, log on to my phone and worked then midway second half ipad worked again. Did the same at the weekend and you keep getting a few numbers pop up on the screen.

Never had problems before but the past two games have been a pain in the arse.

Should give fans a free pass and not at the clubs cost either!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn’t have to enter any details, just tapped watch live and it played, much easier.

The whole system is a bag of nails! I don’t want to hear their excuses, I pay, I just want it to work - get your act together or hand the reigns onto a company who are good enough to run it without is

Absolute garbage again .Sick of issues with this 

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Should give fans a free pass and not at the clubs cost either!

I can't imagine any refunds would be at Vale's cost.

iFollow is a League-wide service created by EFL Digital - set up by the League. The majority of EFL clubs are signed up to it. A few use their own service but I'd imagine providing your own camera crew to go to every game around the country is pretty expensive and it is far cheaper/simpler to just join the central iFollow service. Anyway, as a result Vale as a club are as much a customer of iFollow as the fans are.

The revenue is shared between the clubs and EFL Digital so I would imagine any refund would come out of this central EFL Digital pot as it's an iFollow problem not a Port Vale problem.

6 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

What annoyed me is that I started the live stream at 6:45 and had a wonderful uninterrupted 15 minutes of an empty Vale Park pitch then as soon as anything u wanted to watch happened, enter the spinning white circle of doom. 

I did the same thing, put it on early and everything was ok until 5 minutes before KO. THEN THE DREADED BUFFERING STARTED. Eventually the screen just went black. The game did come back on again for the 2nd half, i think Mark Porter alluded to something about Vale getting onto ifollow about it.

I also paid for Saturdays Oldham game and never saw a minutes play!!

When you can't go to games and you pay to watch a live stream either by cash or by having a season ticket code it is extremely frustrating not to be able to get this service. I have probably watched 5 games without an issue and another 5 where i haven't seen any play or only part of the game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

continuous freezing and buffering last night unwatchable, no previous problems, spoilt night.😪😬:sos:

Agreed, it's a complete waste of money. If it wasn't for the fact that it would hurt the club financially, I'd be asking for a refund on my ST for every game I miss.

Advert:

I wont pay 10 pounds to watch any of the games now I've had all these problems trying to watch them. I will use the code season ticket holders get to watch the home games for free but if it's anything like last night then we would only see half the match.

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

I wont pay 10 pounds to watch any of the games now I've had all these problems trying to watch them. I will use the code season ticket holders get to watch the home games for free but if it's anything like last night then we would only see half the match.

You watched “half the match”.......luxury 🙃

I've watched every game home and away to date, and the only issue I get is when I try to watch via the Port Vale app. I would prefer to watch the game via the PV app cus I can then chrome cast onto the TV. The EFL app has some sort of security built in that does not let you use chrome cast. Only managed to watch 3 games so far via the PV app using chrome cast. As like many last night was struggling on the PV app just the dreaded spinning wheel, so I switched to the EFL app 5 mins before kick off and had no issues no buffering one of the lucky ones to be able watch the whole game albeit on my tablet not the TV. Just a tip to all that the EFL app seems more successful than the PV app for me anyway.

Edited by Port Vale Paul

It's the second time now for me, the first being the Crawley game.

It showed no Paypal payment option (which I have), I then paid on my credit card, got the link (ST £10 off) then it just buffered and froze on my PC screen.

I got some buffering images on my wife's ipad for some reason.

I did complain to Vale originally (v Crawley), based around the fact I've purchased x2 season tickets.

But to be brutally honest. It is a tin-pot piss poor service and product that embarrasses Port Vale, owners and fans.

We tried to phone and complain last night to ifollow, no contact, no reply. Disgrace.

Advert:

There's a typically vague statement from the EFL which I've reproduced here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2020/10/football-league-issues-vague-statement-on-tuesday-nights-ifollow-issues/

Seriously, is any fan going to be reassured it won't happen again when they use phrases like “isolated technical issues” were to blame and they are “continuing to investigate”...

Our next home league game is 14 November Tranmere, so plenty of time to sort it. I would hope that a club statement would give adequate notice to people who may want to change their Email address otherwise an automatic exercise.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
10 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Our next home league game is 14 November Tranmere, so plenty of time to sort it. I would hope that a club statement would give adequate notice to people who may want to change their Email address otherwise an automatic exercise.

An email has been sent out this morning.

44 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

An email has been sent out this morning.

Voucher code eliminated, check your Email address,  so reduces the chances of not being able to access, but the broadcast problems will still remain.

This whole issue is a festering sore.  There have been issues with this service since it started for non Saturday games back in August 2018.  For the provider to continue to specify "technical issues with the platform" is wholly unacceptable and nonsense.  The contract is with the EFL and the performance of the contractor has always been inconsistent and a significant number of users have not received what they paid for. What are the EFL going to do to ensure that every fan, throughout the country receives the service for which we pay?  The EFL is culpable here.  They need to launch a partnership with a professional provider not the bunch of inept amateurs with whom they chose to sign the contract.  I would anticipate that BT or Sky would be excellent partners technically.  EFL what are you going to do? When are you going to do it?...................I won't hold my breath waiting 😞

• Like 1