onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow again

Jacko51

...eventually came on for me as the half time whistle was about to go... then the second half was fine. After this many games, you would think they would have got all the problems sorted out and would be able to provide a good, gremlin-free stream. Unfortunately, my confidence in this happening is nil and I fully expect exactly the same problems next match. We'll see.

Advert

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Unbelievable. I got a reply from iFollow customer services. I was about to reply saying it's pointless contacting me ten minutes after the final whistle when I realised it was their response to TUESDAY - some four days later not this game. What's even more laughable is they ask me to check my settings - for a game which finished on Tuesday night!

I am responding and asking for my email to be escalated to a manager as a four day wait for an urgent support request on Tuesday is laughable. They need to know that their customer support is just not acceptable.

By the way, I have replied telling them their reply is unacceptable and asking for it to be escalated to a manager. I responded with:

I would appreciate that this email was forwarded on to a supervisor or manager to indicate my extreme displeasure with your service. I think after two poor experiences in a single week we fans deserve a proper explanation of what went wrong and what iFollow are going to do about it. In particular why is your customer support service so slow at responding to urgent queries?

If you get a reply you may want to do the same. If we don't accept their generic replies and ask for things to be escalated then it may get the attention of the managers there...

On 23/10/2020 at 20:54, barny61 said:

Back to the radio for me then ffs.😭😭

THAT would be NO GOOD - I did not get radio commentary working via ifollow (Southend) until 4.20pm

As a supplier of match live streaming and radio commentarys - iFollow would be better perhaps at Litter Picking ?

Worked for me today (Southend) from 4 mins into the game whereas Tuesday it took about 40 mins into the game for the video to work without freezing. iFollow generally worked well last season without any problems whereas this season it appears intermittent.  Is it the increased traffic causing the issues, can't be rocket science to sort it out.

3 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

All I can say is thank goodness for Radio Stoke, with all its failings. But RS delivered and saved the day for me.

That is OK if you live within Radio Range but if you live 150 miles away - you have to subscribe to ifollow to listen online - as Radio Stoke is blocked if a match is on !

18 minutes ago, Pheonix Vale said:

That is OK if you live within Radio Range but if you live 150 miles away - you have to subscribe to ifollow to listen online - as Radio Stoke is blocked if a match is on !

That's very true. Us exiles either in the UK or abroad are totally reliant on iFollow - either for commentary or for the stream.

I use an iPhone 10 , downloaded the EFL app and never had a problem . Equally with android box ‘T95Q’ bought on Amazon. This obviously allows the game to be played on the big screen and log in is through ‘google desktop’ .

If anyone needs me to guide them through the above let me know as I’ve only missed 10 minutes here and there otherwise all good on both platforms.

UTV

1 hour ago, dazzerjames said:

I use an iPhone 10 , downloaded the EFL app and never had a problem . Equally with android box ‘T95Q’ bought on Amazon. This obviously allows the game to be played on the big screen and log in is through ‘google desktop’ .

If anyone needs me to guide them through the above let me know as I’ve only missed 10 minutes here and there otherwise all good on both platforms.

UTV

Did you sideload the EFL app on the Android box or do you use a Web browser?

4 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

Just the browser but has to be ‘desktop’ version . The android box is 30 quid.

Typically if it’s not worked just the classic signing in and out of the account works.

I use a different Android box (Nvidia Shield TV) but getting a browser onto there is complicated.

I found one that I used earlier in the season but it decided to stop being free halfway through a match.

I use a different Android box (Nvidia Shield TV) but getting a browser onto there is complicated.
I found one that I used earlier in the season but it decided to stop being free halfway through a match.

I’m no tech person , this was very easy to transfer to desktop from the chrome app. iPhone efl app is always the easiest guaranteed way . But then you are stuck to your phone.

An iPad would work just the same with the efl app , would be the best (biggest screen ) option.

7 hours ago, Santa said:

I found one that I used earlier in the season but it decided to sop being free halfway through a match.

Does the shield have chromecast built in? you can watch the game through the chrome browser on your phone and cast it to your tv if so. Worked great for me yesterday although it wouldn't play through chrome against Cheltenham.

I keep meaning to look into sideloading ifollow app.

Archived