Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought we were poor second half and were holding on. As I said all first half we were good and should have been 5/6 up. I agree first half excellent and should have been way ahead. For me Robinson is what I expected so far after his last spell at vale. Needs to be far more clinical. 

Holding on?  What, for the whole half?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who criticise Vale,Oldham fans are very impressed with the Vale team,many stating they're the best team that they have played so far.Latics forum is the place for the praise.

He's got a busy day tomorrow.  Washing Askeys car apparently. 😂

I am just glad that Tyler's weekend hasn't been ruined. 😉

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It is generally I agree. That’s why our finishing needs to be much better to finish them off

Jesus wept...Every team in country can say that, they won, enjoy

• Like 3

Just now, valiant_593 said:

No not the whole half. Maybe I’m being a bit harsh but I felt a goal was coming towards the end (especially with the one cleared off the line) 

Their corners were decent throughout.  They hit a couple of low corners in the first half which we struggled with in the conditions.

We had chances second half ourselves and the game was very open so I'd argue we were never "hanging on" at any point.

• Thanks 1

Over the 90 mins Vale deserved the excellent win.They couldn't cope with the high tempo of Vale's style.Easily could've won by 4or 5 in the end.Far better performance and let's wait for the negativity from the normal few now🤔🤔🤔

16 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Better football today against a poor Oldham should have been well in front first half cannot wait for Gibbons to get back so we can switch Clarke to left back That was the weakness today Montano has not got a clue about being a full back but onwards and upwards and on to tuesday take 3 points off cheltenham and will be looking good.

And yet they created far more down our right against Clark than they did against Monty.  Usual ‘not a proper full back’ lazy drivel

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Phew. Really bad second half that though. Robinson ain’t the answer up top. Missing sitters again. Take the win though all be it against a really poor side. 

I had that view earlier on but Robinson seems to be slotting in creating chances and getting in the right positions. Hopefully the finishing will follow.

• Like 2

Most players are this level have a similar ability when it comes to finishing, which in my view is an overrated attribute and only really stands out at the level of elite level footballers, where chances are much harder to craft and you have a lot less time to take them.

What is more important is their ability to understand space and get themselves into good goalscoring opportunities.

Robinson did that today and was very unlucky with the one that hit the post. I don't think he's the 18 goals plus man we've been after, but the best all round player of the 4. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vale@rocks said:

I had that view earlier on but Robinson seems to be slotting in creating chances and getting in the right positions. Hopefully the finishing will follow.

Someone remind me how many goals Maynard has got so far. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vale@rocks said:

Agree.  Thought he led the line well and was bringing others into the play.  Missed chances - another week will score chances.  That’s football, especially in the lower leagues.

only 3 points off Automatic places

• Like 1

Good result today, they made the changes they needed to at half time as Amoo in particular was having a field day.

Tighter 2nd half but our performances are improving, we are creating more chances... like last season I’m hoping we can continue to get better and better through the year.

• Like 2