Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who criticise Vale,Oldham fans are very impressed with the Vale team,many stating they're the best team that they have played so far.Latics forum is the place for the praise.

He's got a busy day tomorrow.  Washing Askeys car apparently. 😂

I am just glad that Tyler's weekend hasn't been ruined. 😉

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

They've won 1 game this season - We aren't half making hard work of this. We're miles better than them and shouldn't be hanging on by the skin of our teeth, and that's even if we continue to hang on.

Teams with that track record usually do well against us and we help them as much as possible.

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

Good win by the lads but all too stressful that second half. We should have been out of sight after 45 and we have to be more clinical. But well done, we dug in and turned it round from Tuesday with some great passing football. Let's hope Amoo doesn't get a reaction - he was the big difference today, a real match winner. MOM.

Deserved but my God that didn't need to be a 1-2 game. Robinson isn't the answer up top. Play Cullen at home and Pope away. They were dog <ovf censored> to be honest but any 3 points in League Two is always very welcome, and if we beat a decent Cheltenham side at home then we'll be back to somewhere where we should be in the league.

Get Askey a pen and a new contract! 😆

Edited by TylerB
  • Haha 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, TheSage said:

Agreed.

A much needed three points and overall well deserved.

Delighted. Think I'll open a bottle.

Yep, I thought that we were great first half, and if we'd taken our chances we would have been out of sight.  Their goal early in the second changed things but I thought we still looked decent and made some openings.

I may have a drink too.

Good 1st half with some nice football - just not clinical enough to finish the game off. Defended well, they never really looked like scoring other than from corners. We need to stay switched on though at the beginning of the halves - don't want to see that creeping into our game again like.

I thought Amoo was brilliant 1st half, every time he had the ball created something and was fouled. Showed exactly what we have been missing and is our difference maker.

Wozza was superb today, best game of the season for him. His delivery from corners today where 1st class. 

The midfield balance was also much better with Conlon playing as the 10, although I do find him frustrating dwelling on the ball too long. Back to basics playing the same team which essentially finished last season bar Theo and we look like a good side again. Hopefully we can build some confidence from this result and the 1st half play and we see more of this Vale for the rest of the season.

Much better. Performance most important. We looked like we could create.

6 good chances first half.

Amoo is absolutely fundamental, able to get to the byline and deliver some excellent crosses with a lot of pace on them. Don't fancy hearing criticism of him again for trivial matters like 'lazy and doesn't like a tackle'. We looked a different attacking team today with him in the side.

Worrall is much better off the left. Robinson won't score 20 but is a clever forward, a good presser and able to link things up.

Again, Burgess shows his worth. Allows Conlon freedom to roam and sticks to his job well, never losing the ball and switching the play excellently on occasion.

Smith was superb too, and Clark is simply too good for League 2.

Pleased. Oldham were largely fair poor (bar a spell in the second half) but we needed a game where we showed we could create chances without Oyeleke. Today was evidence of that.

• Like 4