onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

There was a defender blocking a shot to the left and another blocking a shot to the right. He put it with power smack bang in the middle of them, which is exactly what you would want him to do. Unfortunately the one to the left stuck out a leg and it hit his toe onto the bar. I was critical of Robinson's early perfomances but the last few appearances it looks like he has done what has been asked and made himself a nuisance to defenders rather than running behind gambling on a mistake. In his 30s he is not going to improve his anticipation but he can make use of the attributes he does have and do the things that the manager asks of him. That effort not going is was surely just bad luck.

Me 10 year old grandson would have been gutted if he’d missed that 

Advert

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

I've seen literally one poster here say that Askey should go. One. The only thing that is OTT is your response to one single poster saying that Askey should go. Where we are right now in the league is the bare minimum of what we should realistically expect from the team and squad we have.

Tyler, you started a thread solely about Askey doing a dodgy job. Thought that was a bit OTT after so few games. 

Well he got in on target, defender stuck a leg out and got lucky deflecting it onto the post. Chances get missed... Smith missed with the second (easier) header. Rodders with the header vs Carlisle.  It happens, at least Sat we created plenty.

Now if he'd done a Henderson-like (Salford)  penalty tap in miss - I'd be annoyed.

Was the one on the right wearing an invisibility cloak?
image.gif.8c44315b114aacc0c71e06d1b0be240e.gif

He hit it at an angle across goal to the left, towards Piergianni, instead of into the bottom right corner. Theo mugged himself off there.
Oops.
Will have to ensure I watch things again before I post as my memory obviously isn't up to it.
Still until the deflection it looked like he had done everything right.

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Tyler, you started a thread solely about Askey doing a dodgy job. Thought that was a bit OTT after so few games. 

I called him out on some poor decisions, such as his team selections and then trying to change a game with that was clearly going nowhere with 9 minutes remaining of normal time. I literally said in the first sentence of that thread that it wasn't an "Askey out" thread. Granted he's a lower league manager and obviously won't always get things right. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit but some of his decisions this season have warranted criticism, in my opinion. If we go on a good run I'll also be the first to praise him.

21 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I didn't think that ringing up Praise and Grumble saying Askey should go after half a dozen games was correct.  Just opinion though.

It’s nice that some things never change at the Vale.  I remember being in the Railway Paddock many years ago.  The Vale were cruising to a home victory with ten minutes to go and looked very much like promotion candidates for the top tier of English football.  The Vale supporter immediately in front of me turned to his mate and said “We’ll have to get rid of Rudgie if we go up”.  “Why is that?” responded his mate. “He has no experience at that level” – not quite true as I remember Carlisle spending a season in the top tier and being at a rammed St. James Park when they beat Newcastle 1-0, Ollie Burton missing a late penalty.  Anyway the two fans continued their discussion and I’m sure you will have a good laugh at the conclusion, Jean.  They agreed to sack John Rudge and appoint Paul Gascoigne!!!!  The only surprise to me was that they didn’t want to get rid of Billy Bell at the same time and bring in Paul’s mate Jimmy 5 Bellies.  Perhaps you would consider a swap – Carol for Mike Ashley?

Luckily you have great people now in charge of the Vale.  Count your blessings and long may it continue.

Archived