onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s not just been based on the result that has it?

We were really poor against Harrogate, morcambe, Carlisle and not good enough 2nd half at Cambridge. There have been quite clear errors that fans have picked up on. It’s not been criticism because of the result at all. Every post I’ve seen critiquing has been made fairly. It’s true in games the formation and team selections have been wrong, the style of football with a small striker up top alone and the non exsistent substitutions. Every poor result hasn’t just been criticised because we lost it has been correctly due to the performance. 

That is also the same of when we have won. Posters including me getting stick as usual on Saturday. And mental posts saying things such as ‘where are the Worrall bashers now’. 

For me generally posters have criticised correctly when we have been poor and also praised correctly when we have played well. 

There's an element of truth in what you're saying, performances haven't been as good as we'd expect, but the level of some of the criticism has been OTT.  OTT to the point where we have a thread questioning the managers position.  Mental.

Advert

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s not just been based on the result that has it?

We were really poor against Harrogate, morcambe, Carlisle and not good enough 2nd half at Cambridge. There have been quite clear errors that fans have picked up on. It’s not been criticism because of the result at all. Every post I’ve seen critiquing has been made fairly. It’s true in games the formation and team selections have been wrong, the style of football with a small striker up top alone and the non exsistent substitutions. Every poor result hasn’t just been criticised because we lost it has been correctly due to the performance. 

That is also the same of when we have won. Posters including me getting stick as usual on Saturday. And mental posts saying things such as ‘where are the Worrall bashers now’. 

For me generally posters have criticised correctly when we have been poor and also praised correctly when we have played well. 

I didn't think that ringing up Praise and Grumble saying Askey should go after half a dozen games was correct.  Just opinion though.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

There's an element of truth in what you're saying, performances haven't been as good as we'd expect, but the level of some of the criticism has been OTT.  OTT to the point where we have a thread questioning the managers position.  Mental.

I've seen literally one poster here say that Askey should go. One. The only thing that is OTT is your response to one single poster saying that Askey should go. Where we are right now in the league is the bare minimum of what we should realistically expect from the team and squad we have.

16 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

So you think he was unlucky and it wasn’t a sitter 

There was a defender blocking a shot to the left and another blocking a shot to the right. He put it with power smack bang in the middle of them, which is exactly what you would want him to do. Unfortunately the one to the left stuck out a leg and it hit his toe onto the bar. I was critical of Robinson's early perfomances but the last few appearances it looks like he has done what has been asked and made himself a nuisance to defenders rather than running behind gambling on a mistake. In his 30s he is not going to improve his anticipation but he can make use of the attributes he does have and do the things that the manager asks of him. That effort not going is was surely just bad luck.

I'd s our start has been par given that we know we can play better. String 2-3 results together and we're in the autos no problem. we struggled to break teams down a bit at the start of last season and then it clicked before Christmas. The first half on Saturday was great, if we play like that on any sort of regular basis we'll be a promotion contender. 

I think we have definitely been missing Amoo. Even in his quieter games last seaosn he was consistently notching assists. He's a dangerous player whether he's in the game or not. And on form he wins you the match. I think that's our strongest possible team based on currently available players, though striker is up for grabs and possibly Manny coming back in for Burgess. 

49 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I've seen literally one poster here say that Askey should go. One. The only thing that is OTT is your response to one single poster saying that Askey should go. Where we are right now in the league is the bare minimum of what we should realistically expect from the team and squad we have.

🥱Normal service resumed. Askeys car a bit dirtier than expected then? 🤔😂

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I agree. Personally think askey does need to improve (substitutions) sacking not up for discussion so early on either. The Facebook group is far worse than on here. 

39 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

There was a defender blocking a shot to the left and another blocking a shot to the right. He put it with power smack bang in the middle of them, which is exactly what you would want him to do.

Was the one on the right wearing an invisibility cloak? 😅

image.gif.8c44315b114aacc0c71e06d1b0be240e.gif

He hit it at an angle across goal to the left, towards Piergianni, instead of into the bottom right corner. Theo mugged himself off there.

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I agree. Personally think askey does need to improve (substitutions) sacking not up for discussion so early on either. The Facebook group is far worse than on here. 

Late substitutions is an idiosyncrasy of his, I think Macc fans may have said the same thing, certainly we saw it last season too, so I don’t see that changing any time soon.  What I would say is that this cautious approach made the wholesale changes for the Carlisle game seem all the more out of character.  Obviously, although it didn’t work out, the staff must have thought the bag needed a good shake up.

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

He hit it at an angle across goal to the left, towards Piergianni, instead of into the bottom right corner. Theo mugged himself off there.

People talk about fine margins in football and this is a perfect example. I’d be more critical of a player who missed a penalty than a sitter in open play.

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

This is it for me; bar the odd numpty, fans have largely reacted fairly to our performances, which have, at best, been inconsistent on a week by week basis.

Criticising an individual performance is not the same of wanting the manager out and foretelling relegation.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

No matter how many times I watch it, it still doesn't go in!

Yes he should have scored. It was on target and the defender stuck out a foot. 

Nothing more to say.

Archived