Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

A short trip to Oldham, with manager Kewell in quarantine, home form 3 defeats with a single point gained last night against Carlisle.  Based on our tempo in the first half at Cambridge we should be hopeful of our second away win assuming we can take our chances. Positive news on the injury front would be welcome. Try for a 2 goal margin?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who criticise Vale,Oldham fans are very impressed with the Vale team,many stating they're the best team that they have played so far.Latics forum is the place for the praise.

He's got a busy day tomorrow.  Washing Askeys car apparently. 😂

I am just glad that Tyler's weekend hasn't been ruined. 😉

Posted Images

What chances? We created next to nothing again last night other than what I'd call nothing more than a half-chance. Oldham are almost guaranteed 3 points considering our past history of gifting teams struggling for a win three points.

At best I see us huffing and puffing to a laboured draw. Can't wait.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

A game we simply have to start on the front foot. Dark horses for relegation in my opinion. Pretty awful side with a narcissistic clown as manager although he won't be there sadly.

Only a win is any good against such poor opponents 🤨

• Like 2

These are one of the worst sides in the league. Have to be going there looking to win and create some chances. However based on past performances I think we will struggle. I’ll go for 0-0. I can’t see us scoring unless we’re given another penalty

Games like these always worry me.

How many times in recent seasons have we gone to teams struggling, like Morecambe and Macclesfield, and come away with nothing, having performed very poorly? 

It's the goals for column that is bothersome. Unless and until we start to score goals - and not just an odd one from a set piece - we're not going to find games like this easy. 

We need to look at our midfield and striking options and try and be more creative and threatening in the final third. We've done ok at the back generally and it's the lads up top who need to start to pull their weight. I'd consider a few changes but I suspect we might go same again if Askey's post match comments are anything to go by. But please don't wait until the final ten minutes to bring on 2-3 subs.

• Like 2

Please MR Askey . Can you explain to Vale Fans . Why The vale are playing so Poor . We are not  Attacking enough In the other sides Goal . We just don’t seem to have any Energy.when we see our players they are just trotting. Around As if they have all day .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Well for me Amoo comes straight back in even if he only does an hour.  For me, Whitehead drops out, Worrall drops back into midfield and Amoo starts on the right wing.

Amoo starts and comes off injured after 10 minutes.  He is not getting any lady luck.

Still think he will start with Whitehead.  

13 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Others may have already said this but I’d consider trying Monty playing behind the central striker. I don’t have any problems with Whitehead generally.

I agree - I would try Amoo from the start if ready.

Whitehead should be nowhere near the 11

I wouldn’t tinker with the formation. Keep 433.

I would only make the odd change.  Maybe Amoo? 

Two reasons- I feel like the side need a chance to get used to how each other plays AND those who could come into the side are not fit or they are injured.

Am looking forward to tomorrow.

UTV

Amoo to start if he's fit put Worrall on the left where he was more effective last year and drop monty to left back as I feel that's where he's more creative as for midfield anyone but Whitehead because from what I've seen so far he's not fit enough or quick thinking enough to play league football

Although for me Fitz has done ok i wonder if Askey will be tempted to put Mills in at RB and Clark LB,both of whom are decent at getting forward.

I think like all of us i love Worrall and he has been fantastic for the club but for whatever reason he seems to be lacking in form at the moment and maybe in need of a couple of games on the bench which i do think would of happened if everyone had been fit(amoo and mckirdy). Lets hope for a win today and then on to Tuesday with a bit more confidence.

• Like 1