onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Oldham Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

A short trip to Oldham, with manager Kewell in quarantine, home form 3 defeats with a single point gained last night against Carlisle.  Based on our tempo in the first half at Cambridge we should be hopeful of our second away win assuming we can take our chances. Positive news on the injury front would be welcome. Try for a 2 goal margin?

Advert

What chances? We created next to nothing again last night other than what I'd call nothing more than a half-chance. Oldham are almost guaranteed 3 points considering our past history of gifting teams struggling for a win three points.

At best I see us huffing and puffing to a laboured draw. Can't wait.

Games like these always worry me.

How many times in recent seasons have we gone to teams struggling, like Morecambe and Macclesfield, and come away with nothing, having performed very poorly? 

It's the goals for column that is bothersome. Unless and until we start to score goals - and not just an odd one from a set piece - we're not going to find games like this easy. 

We need to look at our midfield and striking options and try and be more creative and threatening in the final third. We've done ok at the back generally and it's the lads up top who need to start to pull their weight. I'd consider a few changes but I suspect we might go same again if Askey's post match comments are anything to go by. But please don't wait until the final ten minutes to bring on 2-3 subs.

Guest Vale at home

Please MR Askey . Can you explain to Vale Fans . Why The vale are playing so Poor . We are not  Attacking enough In the other sides Goal . We just don’t seem to have any Energy.when we see our players they are just trotting. Around As if they have all day .

1 hour ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Well for me Amoo comes straight back in even if he only does an hour.  For me, Whitehead drops out, Worrall drops back into midfield and Amoo starts on the right wing.

Amoo starts and comes off injured after 10 minutes.  He is not getting any lady luck.

Still think he will start with Whitehead.  

13 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Others may have already said this but I’d consider trying Monty playing behind the central striker. I don’t have any problems with Whitehead generally.

I agree - I would try Amoo from the start if ready.

Whitehead should be nowhere near the 11

Archived