onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Port Vale

Fosse69

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I agree, but I do see understand what he meant. With an average keeper we wouldn’t have the points tally we do 

And if Cambridge had an average striker they wouldn’t be top of the league. And if my auntie had a todger she’d be my uncle. If if if. 

Advert

15 hours ago, Vale at home said:

I Do Agree . You Talk a Lot of common sense .   I also would like to see 2 striker. I do hope we can get  a  Good result on Saturday . Ag Oldham .  It would get Vale back on Track .  Come on The Vale . 

Id be extremely surprised to see 1 more striker when we already have 4 to chose from when fit.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t think it is a daft comment. It’s like Liverpool saying how many more points they got last season because of Alison in nets. If we had an average league 2 keeper we would have had less points. There is no question about that. Not many keepers makes saves as brown did against Exeter to keep the win and then a good penalty save against Salford. I think brown gains us 10+ points a season 

Of course there’s a question about it. How do you know another keeper wouldn’t have made the same saves or not? With another keeper in goal the games would pan out differently anyway because no same player would make the same decisions that happened during a game. You could swing the argument the other way and say if we had a better keeper in he might have saved the Cambridge and morecambe penos. 

5 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Of course there’s a question about it. How do you know another keeper wouldn’t have made the same saves or not? With another keeper in goal the games would pan out differently anyway because no same player would make the same decisions that happened during a game. You could swing the argument the other way and say if we had a better keeper in he might have saved the Cambridge and morecambe penos. 

What better keeper would we get in league 2?

the point the person on the radio made is that without Scott brown who is the best keeper in this division we wouldn’t have beaten Exeter or Salford. I’d be surprised if another keeper at this level pulls off the save brown made at Exeter. Of course the game could  / would go completely differently but that’s not the point. The point is that like last season Scott brown has and will continue to earn us points. That’s what top goalkeepers do. If we had an average keeper we wouldn’t have been so close last season. 

Just think back to how bad our recent keepers have been and how many points they actually lost us. Put one of them in browns place and we do well to get mid table last season and have 3/4 less points this season. 

I apologise if I’m making points that others have made but it’s been a busy week.

I feel that we need to take an overview of the situation.

Yes, we haven’t hit form yet but surely there’s no way that with the quality of players that we have that they won’t gel together and hit some decent form. 

At the moment I’m remaining optimistic about the season and feel once everyone is back we’ll push on. Even before then.

I understand the concerns (creating/scoring etc.) but I still have faith in Askey.

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Dosent make what the guy said any less true no matter what anecdote you make. 

But that's my point - it isn't "true" because no one knows what we would have done with Visser in goal instead of Brown.  Remember he saved three penalties in the shoot out against Tranmere.  He is also an excellent keeper.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

But that's my point - it isn't "true" because no one knows what we would have done with Visser in goal instead of Brown.  Remember he saved three penalties in the shoot out against Tranmere.  He is also an excellent keeper.

He’s good at saving penalties yes. The chances are he dosent save the one against Exeter. There’s a reason Scott brown has been number one and visser has always been a number 2. (Granted he looks good; but he’s not as good as brown)

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

The chances are he dosent save the one against Exeter.

That's exactly my point.  You said what the guy said about Brown was true but now you're saying "the chances are" so there is also a chance it may not be true.  That's all I'm saying.  You cannot be certain about what might have happened.

Archived