onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

All well and good, do you think Morecambe with a minus 5 goal difference are a good side ?

Do you think Carlisle are a good side?

Cambridge fans are saying we are a good side and one of the best they have played... does that count in the view of whether we are good or not?

Advert

14 hours ago, TylerB said:

Also, Worrall has to be the worst set-piece taker ever to pull on a Vale shirt. What is this <ovf censored>, floaty cross he does time after time after time? Whip it in with a bit of pace you little <ovf censored> bell end! His performances this season have been laughable for a player that's supposedly one of the best players in the league. Right now I'd question whether he's the best player in his home. Him and Askey are ruining me. 

You are ruining yourself on this forum - you're posts on here have been inconsistent at best, you post knee jerk reaction to pretty much everything and your views are in line with your vision of your worst enemy Worrall's perfomances - laughable.

Surprised you haven't been calling or questioning Askey again.

3 points off playoffs in the early stages on the season, took some positives from last night despite the result and just put it down to us mainly not having Manny fit (the team simply ticks more with him) and them being a bit better than us in the final third - a bit more consistency upfront and I still have no doubt we can hit playoffs this season. 

I'm certainly not scapegoating any player based on any performance so far this season and that includes McKirdy who just needs to get up to match fitness - which he has 30 plus games to do. All players in the squad have a point to prove still.

My advice would be to you, is maybe just check this forum once a day for your own sanity?

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Apparently Cambridge think we were the best side they’ve played this season. 

Hardly something to be pleased about. I've seen plenty of them say that it was the poorest they've looked all season, and from what I saw they were very much there to be beaten last night. But we put in an inept second half display and got exactly what we deserved, which was nothing. I don't think we would have scored from open play if we were still playing now, and that's not the first time I've said that this season.

Just now, TylerB said:

Hardly something to be pleased about. I've seen plenty of them say that it was the poorest they've looked all season, and from what I saw they were very much there to be beaten last night. But we put in an inept second half display and got exactly what we deserved, which was nothing. I don't think we would have scored from open play if we were still playing now, and that's not the first time I've said that this season.

Are you oright pal? Give your head a wobble.

12 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im sorry but all of you saying that were only 3pts of play offs and weve only played teams in the top 7 so far yeah well if thats the case we are screwed because our form against teams below us is even worse than when we play against teams above us. Some of you need open you eyes and actually watch the way we play we are 3pts of the play offs now but if something doesnt change thats going to get a lot bigger than 3pts off. Saying we played alright second half are you ok???? Like seriously you think that second half perfomance was ok. It was laughable. We as fans shouldnt settle for that if we have any anspirations for this season that shouldnt be accepted and john askey needs to know that and change it quickly because only takes a few more of them perfomances and we will be 10-15 points of play offs. I for one am bored of settling for mediocrity with vale im not saying we are entitled to get promoted but we are entitled to have a side that shows more than they showed last night. WAKE UP before its too late.

Wowzers, and this is why I have less than a 100 posts on this forum.

Were not even in tier 2 yet and lockdown is getting to some vale fans.

You and Tyler should form a bubble.

6 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

You are ruining yourself on this forum - you're posts on here have been inconsistent at best, you post knee jerk reaction to pretty much everything and your views are in line with your vision of your worst enemy Worrall's perfomances - laughable.

Surprised you haven't been calling or questioning Askey again.

3 points off playoffs in the early stages on the season, took some positives from last night despite the result and just put it down to us mainly not having Manny fit (the team simply ticks more with him) and them being a bit better than us in the final third - a bit more consistency upfront and I still have no doubt we can hit playoffs this season. 

I'm certainly not scapegoating any player based on any performance so far this season and that includes McKirdy who just needs to get up to match fitness - which he has 30 plus games to do. All players in the squad have a point to prove still.

My advice would be to you, is maybe just check this forum once a day for your own sanity?

So you're happy with our average of less than a goal every game so far? You're content with us not creating anything in open play game after game? You don't think Worrall has been a liability this season? You don't think that Askey is making some shocking decisions? You would have taken 13th place in the table after 7 games at the beginning of the season where almost everyone here was in agreement we had an excellent looking squad?

Maybe in another 5 or so game when we're doing the exact same things and Askey is coming out with the same old "We're disappointed" after every game, just maybe then you'll start to see that he's becoming the problem. But then again your head is no doubt full of magic, so probably not.

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So you're happy with our average of less than a goal every game so far? You're content with us not creating anything in open play game after game? You don't think Worrall has been a liability this season? You don't think that Askey is making some shocking decisions? You would have taken 13th place in the table after 7 games at the beginning of the season where almost everyone here was in agreement we had an excellent looking squad?

Maybe in another 5 or so game when we're doing the exact same things and Askey is coming out with the same old "We're disappointed" after every game, just maybe then you'll start to see that he's becoming the problem. But then again your head is no doubt full of magic, so probably not.

Yes mate, my head is full of 'Magic' after seeing Vale lose away from home. I'm just not as wound up about it as you because I'm not off my head and looking for a scalp like you.

And to answer all of your questions.

1) Yes I'm happy/non-plussed
2) Yes, open play goals will come - play generally has been pretty sharp (Rodney exeter, Cullen twice off the top of my head)
3) I think Worrall is a great player at this level and his work ethic is brilliant - I legit wouldnt put him lower or higher than about 8 other players in terms of form.
4) No Askey is a proven football manager and you are a case on a forum.
5) Yeah I would take the league position - some people just have less of a bone to pick than you.

Seriously, you need to get some air pal.

I'll be disappointed mid-season if we are mid-lower table and not looking arsed or challenging. I'm sure the owners would be to.

13 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Five goals max for a year from a class player. Wish we had a few more. Class is overstated for Worrall.

Player of the Year last year.  Yes he struggled early this year but I thought he's been improving in the last couple of games.  I just think some of the criticism has been a bit OTT.  He always gives 100% and never hides.

He set up Robinson for the winner at Scunny which made use a few bob. He set up Theo again for the first goal against Wigan.  He set up Monty on Saturday for the winner against Salford.  Three assists so far isn't bad for a bloke who apparently shouldn't be in the team.

33 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I think your tears for VVD are distorting your vision, Tyler! 😉

What I'd like to see every now and again in possession is have Joyce drop deeper, split the two centre halves, and push one or both of the full backs on a bit so we can overload down the sides against compact teams.

Don't be afraid to let Legge and Smith have the ball. Take on a bit of calculated risk. Let them bring it out. Let them hit balls down the channels. Let the opposition know that we're willing to mix it up. Tempt them to press us higher up the pitch and beat it.

Spot on. You've put into words exactly what I was thinking this morning!

What I'd like to see every now and again in possession is have Joyce drop deeper, split the two centre halves, and push one or both of the full backs on a bit so we can overload down the sides against compact teams.
Don't be afraid to let Legge and Smith have the ball. Take on a bit of calculated risk. Let them bring it out. Let them hit balls down the channels. Let the opposition know that we're willing to mix it up. Tempt them to press us higher up the pitch and beat it.

9 minutes ago, Santa said:

I have to disagree I'm afraid. I don't think Smith or particularly Legge's strengths are with the ball at their feet. 

34 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Yes mate, my head is full of 'Magic' after seeing Vale lose away from home. I'm just not as wound up about it as you because I'm not off my head and looking for a scalp like you.

And to answer all of your questions.

1) Yes I'm happy/non-plussed
2) Yes, open play goals will come - play generally has been pretty sharp (Rodney exeter, Cullen twice off the top of my head)
3) I think Worrall is a great player at this level and his work ethic is brilliant - I legit wouldnt put him lower or higher than about 8 other players in terms of form.
4) No Askey is a proven football manager and you are a case on a forum.
5) Yeah I would take the league position - some people just have less of a bone to pick than you.

Seriously, you need to get some air pal.

I'll be disappointed mid-season if we are mid-lower table and not looking arsed or challenging. I'm sure the owners would be to.

Disagree with this. 

1.unsure how you can be happy with the performances so far and the goals scored / chances created. 

2. Play generally has not been pretty sharp. It’s been the exact opposite. Very dull. We’ve created barely any chances hence us failing to score in a few games and nearly as many set piece goals as goals from open play.

3. He’s a great player. Was excellent last season. Dosent excuse him for his below par start this time. I wouldn’t say there’s been 8 worse players. 

4. He’s a proven manager yes. But that Dosent mean he’s not making errors. Why is whitehead being picked every game? What is with our below par signings (again under askey). Substitutions? He’s making a fair few mistakes so far and last season RE substitutions, for me his biggest area of improvement  

5. Happy with 13th? It’s a pretty miserable time if we’re happy with that , getting boring now every season being happy if we can get to mid table in the basement of the football league. We should be higher than this, signed players when others above us have a much smaller budget and have lost half their squad (Colchester). 13th isn’t good enough, it’s early days but I’d still have expected more.

agree with your last paragraph 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cambridge fans are saying we are a good side and one of the best they have played... does that count in the view of whether we are good or not?

I'd say that given they have won two away games by 5-0 the list of teams they have played bar Exeter isn't a who's who of promotion candidates. So being one of the best doesn't necessarily stack up as being anything to be proud of. 

That said you can only beat what is in front of you so fair play to Cambridge on doing that.

Archived