onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

17 minutes ago, Powerline said:

If you think that you’re entitled to do so. I personally think he’s been average, I’ve seen enough woeful players over the last few seasons to know one when I see one. 

He got an assist on Saturday. Or didn’t you notice?

He's a wide player. It's his job to assist, and to get the odd goal himself. How many of both has he got this season as of yet? Nowhere near good enough on current form. 

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Explain what ive said is tosh

See entire post.

Wow where do I start? 
1. We are 13th in mid table after 7 games and you want the manager sacked. Are you Gary Neville? We’re not Salford mate. 

2. He’s so set in his ways that he even changed formation two games ago! 

3. Worrall hasn’t been diabolical. Bang average. Whitehead has been a couple of times but today was bang average.

4. He’s such an uninspiring and clueless manager that he almost got us in the playoffs last season and would have had covid not happened.

Actually, I was wrong. It wasn’t all tosh. Robinson played well.

Some delusional people on this site defending worrall and askey its not good enough at all. Look at his signings rodney rubbish,whitehead rubbish, mills rubbish, fitz bang average 2nd choice lb borderline rubbish. Shocking signings made by a below average manager whos level is lower end league 2 conference 

Just now, TylerB said:

He's a wide player. It's his job to assist, and to get the odd goal himself. How many of both has he got this season as of yet? Nowhere near good enough on current form. 

So he’s doing nothing. Gets criticised.

Gets an assist. No you can’t praise him that’s his job!!

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

See entire post.

Wow where do I start? 
1. We are 13th in mid table after 7 games and you want the manager sacked. Are you Gary Neville? We’re not Salford mate. 

2. He’s so set in his ways that he even changed formation two games ago! 

3. Worrall hasn’t been diabolical. Bang average. Whitehead has been a couple of times but today was bang average.

4. He’s such an uninspiring and clueless manager that he almost got us in the playoffs last season and would have had covid not happened.

Actually, I was wrong. It wasn’t all tosh. Robinson played well.

And the fact that you seem content to be 13th after 7 games despite winning the first two games of the season say's a lot.

At least we beat Wigan though...

The overreaction on here is nearly as bad as the third goal tonight! 

In my opinion, we played our best football so far this season in the first half. We more than matched them, we maybe just edged it. We played some really neat football, and showed flashes of our form from last season. 

Unfortunately, we couldn’t quite replicate that in the second half. However, I still don’t think we were as bad as people are making out. Their second was a well worked goal, with Mullin getting in between Smithy and Fitz after a great ball by Dunk. The game went a bit sloppy after this. I think we panicked a bit and didn’t stay composed like we did in the first half. The third goal was laughable really, what on earth was the defence doing? I think Legge had a poor second half by his standards. 

All in all, I think the score line flattered Cambridge, but they probably deserved the three points after a good second half performance. Hoolahan is some player still. The difference between us and them is the cutting edge. Mullin made a huge difference and took his chances, unlike a number of our players. 

Askey got his tactics pretty much spot on for 65 minutes tonight, a sub was needed at that point though. We started to lose control of the game, but yet again he waits right until the depth to make the changes we are screaming for. What does he see that we don’t? I like Askey, and I think people calling for his head are pathetic, but he needs to start making his changes a tad earlier. 

The lack of goals this season is hugely concerning. Something needs to be done quick to find a source of goals. I think the return of Amoo and McKirdy will help. We massively miss Amoo, his pace on the right is key. McKirdy is yet to shine, but I think with a bit of time and patience, we have the makings of a good player. 

Robinson had a good game, he looked fit and hungry tonight. Whitehead was awful, he needs to be dropped as it’s been three poor games in a row now. Fitz had another steady game, he’s more than capable at LB. The criticism of Worrall is laughable, he’s turning into the scapegoat. I don’t think he’s been that bad recently. Yeah, he’s not hit his dizzy heights of last season, but I don’t think he’s been as bad as some suggest on here. 

As I said on Saturday, the return of Amoo, Manny, McKirdy and Cullen will hopefully add a bit more firepower. I’m just hoping we can keep them fit. 

We played no where near as bad as people are making out tonight. I question what some people watch? Just remember Cambridge are top for a reason, they are a good side, with the leading goal scorer in the country at their disposal. They will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

Onto Saturday where three points is desperately needed before some people have a genuine meltdown.

Keep the faith! 

Just now, TylerB said:

And the fact that you seem content to be 13th after 7 games despite winning the first two games of the season say's a lot.

Where have I said I’m content? Obviously I’m not happy with the current form.

However, I don’t think we should sack the bleeding manager after 7 games being in mid table. If that was the case we’d have 10 managers a season.

15 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im just going to put this out there we need to get john askey out of our club we are going nowhere under him he is one dimensional players look clueless teams have found us out and he has no answers he is so set in his ways and stubborn to change anything even when it is crying out for it. Players shouldnt get into the team through reputation they should by form and if that was the case worrall would be nowhere near the starting 11 has been <ovf censored> diabolical and im sick to death of it as it whitehead. We are not going to go anywhere near the play offs under him so if the club has any ambition get rid of him before too much damage is done. Even if we change manager and it foesnt go well we have no chance of going down with the looks of the teams down the bottom so why not take the risk. He is the least inspirational manager ive ever seen do you think hes getting the players pumped up before games the answer is in our performances. Askey <ovf censored> out now before its too late. We have a squad who is capable of pushing play offs but a manager who is not.

i dont mind eating my own words i thought robinson was our best player tonight especially first half looked lively hold up play was really good aswell

Get a grip, mate. 

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

In my opinion, we played our best football so far this season in the first half. We more than matched them, we maybe just edged it. We played some really neat football, and showed flashes of our form from last season. 

Unfortunately, we couldn’t quite replicate that in the second half. However, I still don’t think we were as bad as people are making out. Their second was a well worked goal, with Mullin getting in between Smithy and Fitz after a great ball by Dunk. The game went a bit sloppy after this. I think we panicked a bit and didn’t stay composed like we did in the first half. The third goal was laughable really, what on earth was the defence doing? I think Legge had a poor second half by his standards. 

All in all, I think the score line flattered Cambridge, but they probably deserved the three points after a good second half performance. Hoolahan is some player still. The difference between us and them is the cutting edge. Mullin made a huge difference and took his chances, unlike a number of our players. 

Askey got his tactics pretty much spot on for 65 minutes tonight, a sub was needed at that point though. We started to lose control of the game, but yet again he waits right until the depth to make the changes we are screaming for. What does he see that we don’t? I like Askey, and I think people calling for his head are pathetic, but he needs to start making his changes a tad earlier. 

The lack of goals this season is hugely concerning. Something needs to be done quick to find a source of goals. I think the return of Amoo and McKirdy will help. We massively miss Amoo, his pace on the right is key. McKirdy is yet to shine, but I think with a bit of time and patience, we have the makings of a good player. 

Robinson had a good game, he looked fit and hungry tonight. Whitehead was awful, he needs to be dropped as it’s been three poor games in a row now. Fitz had another steady game, he’s more than capable at LB. The criticism of Worrall is laughable, he’s turning into the scapegoat. I don’t think he’s been that bad recently. Yeah, he’s not hit his dizzy heights of last season, but I don’t think he’s been as bad as some suggest on here. 

As I said on Saturday, the return of Amoo, Manny, McKirdy and Cullen will hopefully add a bit more firepower. I’m just hoping we can keep them fit. 

We played no where near as bad as people are making out tonight. I question what some people watch? Just remember Cambridge are top for a reason, they are a good side, with the leading goal scorer in the country at their disposal. They will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

Onto Saturday where three points is desperately needed before some people have a genuine meltdown.

Keep the faith! 

"Keep the faith!"

Used to see exactly this time and time again with Neil Aspin.

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

Keep the faith! 

Couldn’t agree more 

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Where have I said I’m content? Obviously I’m not happy with the current form.

However, I don’t think we should sack the bleeding manager after 7 games being in mid table. If that was the case we’d have 10 managers a season.

Most people aren't asking for him to be sacked. But he's getting a lot more wrong than he is right currently and nobody with any sense can't be extremely concerned about the way things are going right now after a positive start.

Go back to the start of the season where pretty much everyone were in agreement that we had the best squad for a long time. Not one person here would have said being 13th after 7 games was anywhere close to being acceptable.

Archived