onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Another shocking performance by the Vale in a game we could have won. At half time we were well in it but fell asleep in midfield for their second goal minutes after the break and when you give Hoolahan and Boateng that amount of space in midfield it's no wonder they score, aided and abetted by some rank defending. Some abject performances in that second half and though we had half chances, we could have played until Christmas and not have scored. We have a serious problem in the final third and completely lack the killer pass and final strike. 

The problems we saw against Harrogate, Morecambe and Carlisle are still there and Askey has a real problem. It was not helped either by making late substitutions when we were crying out for the midfield particularly to be shaken up and a change up front. Too little, too late.

Cambridge showed us how to do it on one of the lowest budgets in the League with more effort, more incisive and direct football and great finishing. Well beaten, on to Oldham and hopefully a better performance. We certainly need it.

Advert

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Also, Worrall has to be the worst set-piece taker ever to pull on a Vale shirt. What is this <ovf censored>, floaty cross he does time after time after time? Whip it in with a bit of pace you little <ovf censored> bell end! His performances this season have been laughable for a player that's supposedly one of the best players in the league. Right now I'd question whether he's the best player in his home. Him and Askey are ruining me. 

He had a great chance to play I think Theo in in the first half a really simple low cross would of give us a great chance but he hit it to soft and defender cleared 

Just now, sunny boslem said:

He had a great chance to play I think Theo in in the first half a really simple low cross would of give us a great chance but he hit it to soft and defender cleared 

He did exactly what I expected from him this season. Made a right balls up of it. And then a shot in the second half that was closer to the corner flag than the goal when he could have easily played in Robinson who was in a decent position. He's stealing a wage right now, and so is John Askey.

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We really need Amoo and McKirdy fully fit in this team for creativity.

Yeah spot on. I posted before after a previous game that I think we are really missing Amoo. He give us that direct running and his end product is better and more consistent than Wozza or Rodney.  I think we will be a different team with him in the side and I would expect McKirdy to find a starting place to on the left moving Wozza to the middle.

One loss of concentration cost us that game, the 3rd goal flattered them.

Compared to last season Vale are not as strong in midfield, currently we're a mid-table team.

The timing of JA's substitutions frustrates me but he left it late vs Salford and the sub scored the goal that won the game, talk of replacing JA is folly.

I think some people need to take a step back and calm down a bit. First half was good. Second wasn’t great with the long ball. We played a hugely in form side whilst finding ourselves out of form.

Created a similar number of chances to them, they were just clinical.

Worrall isn’t as good as he was last season but he’s hardly been as bad as people are making out. Whitehead played better today than last few games but still very average at best.

We are missing key players through injury and it’s still early on in the season. Last two games have definitely been an improvement on Harrogate, Morecambe and Carlisle. Give it time

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

🥱 Yawn

I suppose you think he's doing a wonderful job this season so far with what everyone would agree is the strongest squad on paper that we've had for many years? His decisions lately from team selections to substitutions have been an absolute joke.

14 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Finishing - Not sure we have that area sorted.

Defence - Fell a sleep at times.  But again showed why they were the best defence in the league.

Midfield - Well there was some there.

Subs - Not sure Askey and Co had their watches on tonight.  How can subs change anything with 10 minutes to go.  

This side is a mid table side at the moment.

Cambridge were the better team in the box and showed how to score.

Can't really argue with this.  I felt we were better all over the park bar up front.  They've scored a pen and 2 soft breakaways. JA needs to sort the front 3 out and start to get his subs on in enough time to affect the game.

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I suppose you think he's doing a wonderful job this season so far with what everyone would agree is the strongest squad on paper that we've had for many years? His decisions lately from team selections to substitutions have been an absolute joke.

Late substitutions haven't cost us this game, players going to sleep have.

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Can't really argue with this.  I felt we were better all over the park bar up front.  They've scored a pen and 2 soft breakaways. JA needs to sort the front 3 out and start to get his subs on in enough time to affect the game.

No chance we were the better side in that second half. We certainly weren’t better all over the park. I’d say even. We missed our half chances, they scored there’s and missed a couple. We’ve been extremely disappointing so far. 

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Late substitutions haven't cost us this game, players going to sleep have.

They could have saved the game though. Why are we waiting until the 80th minute to try and get level? It’s appauling management. Every game he does it. It makes no sense, 2-1 down there’s nothing to lose. Get players on that can actually change the game. Rodney and pope certainly can but not when they only get 5/10 minutes. Should have changed it at 60 mins or after conceding but instead we were treated to another half hour of whitehead. 

Archived